BellaOnline
This was REALLY hard for me to vote on. I finally picked the movie that I seem to watch the most which is Sense and Sensibility. Though About a Boy and Love Actually are close behind. And Bridge Jones Diary was great too!

Hugh Grant - a man I love to love!
Posted By: Jilly Re: What is your favorite Hugh Grant movie? - 10/01/10 01:35 AM
Love Actually. And then Four Weddings.
Posted By: Jilly Re: What is your favorite Hugh Grant movie? - 10/01/10 01:38 AM
I thought the Morgans Movie was rotten. Here is my review of it on the runpee blog - Did you hear about the Morgans?
I would say that I thought he was great in Nottinghill and Bridget Jones Diary. His other films I wasn't that keen on.

Jilly, great review and you definitely hit it on the head. I really wanted to like the movie since I missed it in the theater, I was so excited when it came out on DVD - yuck!
I was never even interested in seeing that movie...

Though my aunt saw it and LOVED it!
I love all his movies but Love Actually and About A Boy are my two favorites.
In Love Actually, my VERY favorite scene was when Hugh Grant and his driver when looking from house to house for the girl he fell in love with. They get to one house and the little girls ask them to sing a Christmas carole.

Hugh Grant starts off, with Good King Wencseles, and he's a bit rough. Then his driver joins in with the most amazing tenor. Hugh Grant just turns around and gives him this look.

That LOOK!! I laugh so hard every time I see it - and I'll rewind it and watch it like five times before going on with the movie LOL!
Posted By: Jilly Re: What is your favorite Hugh Grant movie? - 10/01/10 06:56 AM
I love the gentle and often dry humor in this movie. I love that there is no bad guy. Sometimes a happy movie is just what I need.
Posted By: TessD713 Re: What is your favorite Hugh Grant movie? - 12/22/10 06:39 PM
I have to say "Notting Hill". I thought that Hugh Grant and Julia Roberts had good chemistry.
Posted By: LorenaB Re: What is your favorite Hugh Grant movie? - 01/25/11 10:58 PM
This was a tough one because I love almost all of those. I had to struggle between Love Actually (which is one of my favorite movies period) and Two Weeks....but Two weeks has the classic line... Sandra: You are the most selfish person in the whole world. Hugh: (with sexy british cadence) Well, that's silly, have you met everyone in the whole world.
My favorites would be Notting Hill and Two Weeks Notice.
Actually, it's Love Actually. Wonderful cast, wonderful performances (especially from Hugh, Emma Thompson and Liam Neeson)n and it's the only movie of his that I have watched again and again.
Posted By: Lucyhale Re: What is your favorite Hugh Grant movie? - 04/05/11 11:52 AM
well its love actually..
Posted By: kaceyk Re: What is your favorite Hugh Grant movie? - 04/11/11 01:14 AM
It would have to be Notting Hill.
Nine Months
Well this is mine "The Englishman Who Went Up a Hill but Came Down a Mountain"

I loved all the Welsh characters. I used to live near Wales and I could so relate. After I watched it my mom told me it was based on a true story, that the basic plot of a local hill being named a hill and not a mountain and then the locals making it bigger, it's true! Which just shows that truth is stranger than fiction.
Posted By: Lucyhale Re: What is your favorite Hugh Grant movie? - 04/15/11 11:17 AM
Love actually..
Definitely Notting Hill and Two Weeks Notice. In that order.
Tina, I need to watch this movie. I think I saw part of it --- but I've heard it's great.

And Mr. H is great!!! So yes, I'll add it to my Netflix Queue laugh
Has anyone seen his movie "The Trouble with the Morgans" with Sarah Jessica Parker?

I wondered if it was cheesy?
© BellaOnline Forums