BellaOnline
Have you ever dated someone who wore glasses? And could you recognize the person without them? Since Superman�or before perhaps�there�s this thing with movies where a person is �disguised� with a pair of glasses. In the case of Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi, the main character Surinder Sahni (Shahrukh Khan), a dull man with a rather humdrum existence working for Punjab Power transforms himself (by changing his hair, discarding his glasses, shaving his mustache and wearing tighter clothes) into fun loving �Raj.�

Surinder makes this transformation to win the affections of the young woman he loves Taani (Anushka Sharma) who has married Surinder to fulfill the deathbed wish of her father. At the outset Taani tells Surinder that she can not love him. In an effort to be more attractive to her Surinder asks his best friend who is a hair stylist to give him a makeover. At first Surinder doesn�t intend to trick Taani, but through a few twists and turns that involve a dance competition, Surinder dressed as his alter ego �Raj� winds up being Taani�s dance partner. But she has no idea that �Raj� is actually Surinder, her husband.

Because of the weak disguise thing, on yahoo I gave this movie a C for story. I mean come on, my husband wears glasses and I�m sure that after knowing him for a week or less I couldn�t be fooled with such a flimsy disguise. However I felt the other aspects of the film were very good. The acting was superb and the visuals were stunning. For an ordinary guy working a cubicle job, in terms of his home, Surinder was living large!

Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi, also known as A Match Made in Heaven, was made in India by Yash Raj Films.
© BellaOnline Forums