BellaOnline
Posted By: Karen - Quick Cook Ed Halloween BOO-ffet food - 10/19/12 03:56 AM
Halloween is the one time of year we can make absolutely disgusting looking food and not only get away with it, but get raves. I love Halloween so much that my mind never seems to stop thinking of new dishes that are actually good, but either look awful or have been given a name that sounds awful. I love to fill my BOO-ffet table with spiders, eyeballs, assorted creatures, and unnaturally colored foodstuffs and invite people over to sample. This year, I was asked to show a group of about 100 women how to add a little nutrition to some of the dishes that I�m serving this Halloween, and I had great fun hiding nutritional elements in dishes where there normally wouldn�t be any (like zucchini in the brownies and spinach in the chocolate cupcakes, as well as flax and whole wheat in the breads). I�ve posted several of the recipes on both the Quick Cooking and Dessert sites, but am afraid that I�m posting too many and am monopolizing the food and wine site.

Are any of you planning on making a few gruesome dishes this Halloween?

Which is more important to you as the cook: quick and easy, scary, or nutritious?

I know that almost everyone would love to hear your new ideas, if you�re willing to share them.

Posted By: Isabel - Mexican Food Re: Halloween BOO-ffet food - 10/22/12 03:33 PM
The eyeballs are absolutely hilarious, Karen, they really made me laugh!
© BellaOnline Forums