BellaOnline
Posted By: Karen - Quick Cook Ed Quinoa - 04/12/12 05:26 AM
I love quinoa and have been using it several times a month in all kinds of dishes, like the Healthy Stuffed Poblano Peppers in the latest article that was just posted on the Quick Cooking website. I love to use it in salads, too. Because it is a superfood and I want to use it more often, I thought maybe some of you might have some good and unique ideas to use this healthy grain. Anyone?
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Quinoa - 07/04/12 03:54 AM
Chop various vegetables (onions, celery, carrots, peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, summer squash, cabbage, etc) and sprinkle over the quinoa during the last 10 minutes of cooking. Stir them into the quinoa with a bit of herb blend, olive oil and some low-fat cheese. It's a quick main dish. If you want to chill it, this can be a tasty salad.

BTW, I just love the foods on your site. They are flavorful and easy to make.
Posted By: Karen - Quick Cook Ed Re: Quinoa - 07/24/12 02:24 AM
Thanks Connie,

That sounds not only good, but healthy. At our house, we're trying to add more healthy foods to our diet, and that may be a good way to get everyone (especially my picky hubby) to eat a few more vegetables. I'm going to try it this week, since I have lots of veggies in the fridge that need to be used up.

Leftovers might be good as a salad as you suggest, and could be served next to one of the many great sandwich ideas on your site.

When chilling it to use as a salad, do I need to add a dressing?
Posted By: Angela - Healthy Foods Re: Quinoa - 07/24/12 02:47 PM
Hi Karen,

I love quinoa--it is quick, tasty, and healthy. I have a couple of quinoa recipes at the Healthy Foods Site.

Quinoa Salad Recipe

Peach-Quinoa Recipe
Posted By: Karen - Quick Cook Ed Re: Quinoa - 09/02/12 12:05 AM
I can't wait to check them out. Thanks Angela.
© BellaOnline Forums