BellaOnline
Posted By: Angela J. Shirley Quick Cooking - 04/11/11 04:59 PM
Hi Everyone:

Have any "quick cooking" tips to pass our way?

I love the "quick & easy" = I HATE cooking smile

Thanks,
Posted By: Karen - Quick Cook Ed Re: Quick Cooking - 05/01/11 05:54 PM
Angela,

The slow cooker is a huge timesaver, and most meals for it can be assembled quickly. Another timesaver is to take advantage of Modules, which don't take very long to make (some are even made in the slow cooker), but sit in the freezer ready to be used in recipes that can be made in 30 minutes or less. Mixes are another timesaver, especially the cream soup mix and the master mix. With mixes and modules on the shelf and in the freezer, there will never be a time that you can't make a quick & easy meal in less than 30 minutes.

Another way to save time is to have a well-stocked pantry, one with canned soups, veggies, etc. so that everything is on hand to make easy dishes.

If you have kids, you can always teach them to put easy dishes together; my 14 year old granddaughter does a lot of the cooking for my daughter's family, since my daughter doesn't like to cook. My granddaughter has a cooking website, isabellacooks.com that has some easy dishes for the kids.

Karen
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Quick Cooking - 07/01/11 04:23 AM
Karen, I just adore your recipes. Before school starts, I am going to get some of the mixes put together. Thanks for all of your creative and tasty recipes. Zucchini and bacon frittata-yummy stuff!
© BellaOnline Forums