BellaOnline
Posted By: euribe98 earth quake insurance for condo owners? - 10/28/06 07:15 AM
Hello,
I am a condo owner with no master earth quake policy through my HOA. I want to understand my options as an indivual owner, in this situation. Is it possible to get individual earth quake insurance and what will that coverage be? My home is valued at ~$400k and I'm hoping to protect as much of that value as possible. I have researched several companies, including CEA, and it seems the coverages are quite limited for condos.

Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Bonniesa Re: earth quake insurance for condo owners? - 10/29/06 01:32 AM
Good question. So you want something for covering the condo besides just the contents? There is a radio station I listen to in Los Angeles area that has a lot of information on this type of topic. They broadcast online as well.

The show in particular is MONEY 101 on KNX 1070 am and it airs Monday through Fridays 9 am - Noon CA Time.

I believe the website is http://knx1070.com and look up Bob Mc Cormick. He gets Garamendi the current CA Insurance Commissioner on as a guest often and they take email questions and will reply in a few days. I would suggest emailing Bob as he has contacts and resources he could assist you.

Hope that helps and thanks for posting. Good luck
© BellaOnline Forums