BellaOnline
Posted By: Firstmeight Dental Insurance - 03/23/06 01:36 AM
I need a new dental plan - what plan, if any, would you recommend? Is there any in particular to stay away from?
Posted By: Bonniesa Re: Dental Insurance - 03/23/06 11:27 PM
Hi there -

Thanks for posting. I have no experience with what is available in Canada as I am in California.

Are you employed and is your current dental plan through your place of employment? Are you looking for a new job and this is why you need a new dental plan?

I found this information online for British Columbia residents:

http://www.pac.bluecross.ca/individual/blue_choice/dental_only.html
Posted By: Firstmeight Re: Dental Insurance - 03/26/06 01:40 AM
Thanks for the link. I work as a casual employee at a hospital and have no dental coverage - I am going to purchase my own and thought I might get some pointers here on who is best to deal with - who is expensive, who is difficult to deal with etc. I have heard Blue Cross is good to deal with so I likely will go with them. Thanks again.
Posted By: Bonniesa Re: Dental Insurance - 03/27/06 04:57 PM
Good luck and thanks for sharing. What exactly is a casual employee? I was trying to figure out what the term for that in US would be, something similar, but not sure what that would be.
Posted By: me2006 Re: Dental Insurance - 07/16/06 02:15 AM
hi are you in USA ? if yes read family health under me2006 and click on Ameriplan..any questions I'll be more that happy to write to you
Julia
Posted By: Meg_Homeschooling Re: Dental Insurance - 07/17/06 02:18 AM
Whatever you do, look at the approved dentists first. Usually only the chain places will accept dental HMOs, which are cheapest to buy usually.

We have a dental PPO and it's hard enough to find a non-chain dentist. There isn't always a problem with chains, except it can take MONTHS to get an appt.

Meg
Posted By: fattwe Re: Dental Insurance - 04/30/08 11:39 AM
Dental insurance is insurance designed to pay the costs associated with dental care. Dental insurance pays a portion of the bills from dentists, hospitals, and other providers of dental services. By doing so, dental insurance protects people from financial hardship caused by unexpected dental expenses.
© BellaOnline Forums