BellaOnline
Do you remember Carlin's skit "Seven Words You Can't Say on TV?" It is a comedy classic that stirred the FCC enough to charge the routine indecent. Carlin died only three years ago today, but his profanity laced comedy will be remembered for a long, long time. You can read more about his life and career here:
George Carlin's Died Three Years Ago Today
I enjoyed his energy and outspoken nature. I think he spoke his truth about how he saw the world and made some very valid points in a funny manner along the way.
Awww gee ... Peter Falk has left this journey. He passed yesterday. I know his character Colombo is the work of some very gifted writers but I honestly can't see anybody else pulling off the role with such tremendous depth of character. His really was one of my all time favorite fictional characters. He made me think.
I love Carlin. I still listen to him often. My favorite bit of his is F*@! Hope. I cry laughing every time I hear that. "I'm a personal optimist but a skeptic about all else"

The one where he talks about how "People are f-ing boring" is hilarious too.
I was sad to hear about Peter Falk also. I don't know if I like his character when I was younger, but it grew on me. I feel bad he had such a hard time with Altzheimer's as he got older... Such a hard way to go.
I recall Carlin struggling as a comedian in the 60s. He found his niche in the 70s after Vietnam and Watergate ushered in a more relaxed, rougher brand of humor.
Don't know if you believe in this stuff, but since we're on the topic of George Carlin...

I read a book written by a medium who discussed certain celebrities in the afterlife. She said that when George Carlin passed, his spirit stood there, dumbstruck. He was a staunch atheist during his life, and he could not believe that "he" still existed after he left his body. When he found words to speak, he said, holding his chin, "Well, I'll be da!?@#@mned!" Well, he wasn't. And loved ones and angels on the other side rushed to his side to greet him, laughing at his response.

How wonderful is that?
Seems so appropriate-- just kind of adds to his legacy and character!
© BellaOnline Forums