BellaOnline
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Low Carbers Helping Haiti? - 01/24/10 09:11 PM
I've been trying to brainstorm how the low carb group could help out Haiti, besides raw cash donations. In some other areas it seems to be easy enough. If we knitted, we could knit objects and sell them for cash. If we bicycled, we could do a charity event and bike to raise money. But we "eat healthy".

Eating healthy is certainly good for US - and you can argue that by making ourselves more healthy, it means we now have more energy and drive to do other things to help out those in need. So that is true. But that's sort of long term and nebulous.

Many of us raise fresh food to eat - but it's winter. There's snow in my back yard. I can't grow things to sell and donate the money.

Does anybody have any ideas?

One thing I personally can do is donate the proceeds of my Low Carb ebooks. So I'll do that! From now through the end of February, 100% of all money paid for my Low Carb ebooks will go to the Red Cross to help with Haiti!

Low Carb Ebooks

I'll go update their descriptions now to indicate that!
Posted By: Jilly Re: Low Carbers Helping Haiti? - 01/24/10 10:41 PM
Maybe we can all contribute to a low carb cookbook ebook, and use the proceeds from that. I bet we can come up with some awesome meals and snacks!
Posted By: BellaDeb Re: Low Carbers Helping Haiti? - 01/25/10 12:13 AM
Great idea, Jilly! I have a couple of low carb recipes I'd be happy to add. My savory chicken wings are awesome and so is my turkey-spinach skillet.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Low Carbers Helping Haiti? - 01/25/10 12:16 AM
That's a great idea Jilly - I can make the cookbook perpetually a charity project, and we can rotate the "current charity" based on the current needs of the world!

You are a great brainstormer smile

Okey dokey I'll start a thread to gather up the recipes!
© BellaOnline Forums