BellaOnline
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 10/29/08 10:49 PM
Greetings, everyone! We're going to do another weight loss contest for the month of November and EVERYONE can play. The thought is that many of us are going to be visiting friends and family for the holidays and we want to be as healthy as we can be for that! Also, we often need moral support to stick with a healthy eating plan when confused parents are pushing us to eat more mashed potatoes smile

The key here is to lose the weight HEALTHILY - through exercise, proper eating and drinking lots of water! We do NOT want you fasting or anything extreme. That will not result in long term weight loss or in a healthy body.

Start by posting your starting weight, whenever you choose to join us. If you are uncomfortable posting it here, email Lisa at lowcarb AT bellaonline.com and she'll keep track of it. Then we will see how loses the most pounds when we all re-weigh ourselves on November 30th! Whoever has lost the most will get a $50 Amazon gift certificate!!

You can join at any time starting now! Even if you join us a week or two into the challenge you could still win!

Just to start the ball rolling, I am currently 134.4 pounds. I gained weight when I was worn down recently and 1) stopped exercising and 2) was continually fed cream of wheat by my well meaning but clueless boyfriend smile
Posted By: sweetsue13 Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 10/29/08 11:34 PM
Hi All,

My weight as of this morning was 153.5 pounds. I started out last September 2007 at 261 pounds. I am almost to my goal weight of 145 pounds. Since I am planning on losing anyway, why not join the challenge and have some extra incentive? Good luck to all, November is a rough month.

Sue
Posted By: Kimmi08 Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 10/30/08 01:17 AM
Put me in. I'm at 185 and still losing.... This will be a tough month but at least there's low fat egg nog, huh? I need you as my mentor Lisa. Help me!
Posted By: Lady J Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 10/30/08 01:21 AM
I am in as well ;0)

I started losing October 2003 when I weighed 444.3 pounds.

As of 2 minutes ago when I weighed myself I was 243.6 pounds.
Posted By: Lady J Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 10/30/08 01:23 AM
I gained about 10 pounds in the last month due to;

1. Working too much
2. not excercising as much
3. eatting out more instead of preparing my meals.
Posted By: Jilly Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 10/30/08 01:46 AM
I am 132 as of this morning. Now off to see my twistboard and watch some Biggest Loser Aus on youtube!
Posted By: Kimmi08 Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 10/30/08 02:05 AM
Originally Posted By: Jase - GLBT Relationships
I gained about 10 pounds in the last month due to;

1. Working too much
2. not excercising as much
3. eatting out more instead of preparing my meals.

Stop eating out Jase. I know its addictive and quick but it will mess your waistline up man.... Hang in there.
Posted By: Kimmi08 Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 10/30/08 02:08 AM
Originally Posted By: Jilly
I am 132 as of this morning. Now off to see my twistboard and watch some Biggest Loser Aus on youtube!

Jilly, what are you doing in here but making me mad mad but with incentive and a smile. smile I used to be around that weight before the children smirk then I got back to that weight and gained weight all over again once I became an at home mom and the finale, surgery last year. I was down for awhile (several months) and had to slowly get back into exercise. I'm just now starting to be able (as of June this year) to do sit-ups again.

Okay, okay, stay in here and keep me grounded. I would love to get back to that weight. You can be my incentive. Do you mind?
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 10/30/08 06:02 AM
I know November can be tough and not only that but we haven't hit Halloween yet! That is why having friends around to talk with can be so critical, to get past those rough days.

For Halloween there are a TON of sugar free chocolates that are REALLY delicious. If you *must* have chocolate on Halloween, go out tomorrow and stock up on the sugar free kinds. That way you can indulge and not have it affect your weight smile

Just two more days and Halloween will be a thing of the past!
Posted By: TJinAL Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 10/30/08 12:42 PM
I'm in! I just weighed myself (ugh) and am at 170 lbs. I'm 5'10" and my goal weight is 150 lbs. I was at 150 last Spring then I went through some life changes (divorce, relocation) and ignored my restricted carb eating habits and exercise and gained 20 lbs. in the process. It's time to get back on track. I'm glad to see this forum because I need support! Good luck to everyone!

TJ
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 10/30/08 01:09 PM
ok now i'll be depressed for the day
I'm weighing in at 226 lbs!
back on the treadmill I go wink
Posted By: Jilly Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 10/30/08 08:03 PM
Hi Kimmie; you're sweet. My goal is 120 pounds, so I do have 12 to go. I am 5'4 and for some reason keep all my weight around my middle, which is unhealthy physically. It's frustrating that people who weigh more than me, but keep their weight in their hips and butt, look thinner than I do.

Also, people who keep their weight in their lower body like that have less chance of heart disease and other illness. I don't know who has a "pear" shape in this forum, but if people do, congrats - it's much healthier than an "apple" like mine. :-)

If I don't work out constantly and do low carb my weight shifts immediately to 140 - that seems to be where my body goes on it's own with "normal" eating and "some" excersize. If I eat poorly and do no working out it moves onto 150. So I have to be constantly vigilant, as it were.

I hope I don't sound too defensive? The last BellaOnline Biggest Loser we had was very inspiring to me. I went from 142 to 122. I have gained 10 pounds back since then.
Posted By: Kimmi08 Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 10/31/08 03:19 AM
Originally Posted By: TJinAL
I'm in! I just weighed myself (ugh) and am at 170 lbs. I'm 5'10" and my goal weight is 150 lbs. I was at 150 last Spring then I went through some life changes (divorce, relocation) and ignored my restricted carb eating habits and exercise and gained 20 lbs. in the process. It's time to get back on track. I'm glad to see this forum because I need support! Good luck to everyone!

TJ

Goooooooo, TJ. Ain't nothing to it but to do it! Okay, that's a chant I use at my son's little league games. I know its not easy but you CAN DO IT!!!! Gooooooo, TJ.
Posted By: Kimmi08 Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 10/31/08 03:23 AM
Hi Kimmie; you're sweet. My goal is 120 pounds, so I do have 12 to go. I am 5'4 and for some reason keep all my weight around my middle, which is unhealthy physically. It's frustrating that people who weigh more than me, but keep their weight in their hips and butt, look thinner than I do.

I don't know who has a "pear" shape in this forum, but if people do, congrats - it's much healthier than an "apple" like mine. :-)

The last BellaOnline Biggest Loser we had was very inspiring to me. I went from 142 to 122. I have gained 10 pounds back since then.

Yeahh, that's me....a pear. I'm 5'4 too. It seems being short makes you really look fat if you're a bit overweight. Okay, but now its an apple thanks to surgery. But no worries, today I worked out again and am headstrong about gettin' into that special outfit for under the mistletoe,.....after the kidz have gone to bed. blush HMMMMM!!

Hang in there ladies, we can do it but Lisa, I just can't get with the sugar free chocolate. I just can't.....I CAN'T!!! mad It's just not right.
Posted By: Lady J Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 10/31/08 03:55 AM
LOL I am definately Pear as well. Large stomache, hips and butt/thighs, then skinny legs ;0)

Defiantely got the Puerto Rican booty
Posted By: Lynn_B Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 10/31/08 04:04 AM
I sympathize, Jase. I'm more evenly zaftig all over, but I carry quite a bit of junk in the trunk no matter what weight I'm at. Solid German genes.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 10/31/08 11:01 PM
Kimmie - if you mean taste wise check out my product reviews. Some older sugar-free chocolates (and some cheap ones) do taste like cardboard or paste - but the higher quality sugar-free chocolates taste AWESOME. Really, high quality chocolate should be pretty much sugar free. It should be cocoa and butter. They only add sugar in the US because we are the country where even our peanut butter has sugar in it and our jelly and our ketchup and everything else that should not smile

We made up a bunch of toy goodie bags for our Halloween kids - no sugar here! Hurrah!
Posted By: Kabes9 Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 11/01/08 03:13 AM
Woohoo! I'm in! I already planned on starting a new workout schedule on Monday, and am cracking down on the nutrition end too! At my highest, I was up to 193 in February 2007. I was used to being a year-round athlete in high school, and when I graduated and went off to college, the combination of less activity and much more junk food helped me gain a whopping 55 pounds.

My last year of college, I joined a boxing and swimming class and managed to take off about 15 pounds, but was very yo-yo with the weight. As summer started (and my wedding began creeping closer and closer), I realized that I had to get my eating under control, so I headed to my local weight watchers in June 2007. By the time my wedding rolled around in May 2008, I manged to get down to 150 pounds, thanks to healthy eating and exercise. Now, thanks to the honeymoon, and the stresses of newlywed life (and a husband who loves junk food and fast food), and a pretty bad bout of depression, I've inched my way back up to 168.

I'm working on kicking the depression, and as part of that, I'm trying to get my life back on a normal and healthy track. As I said, I'm committed to an exercise program and healthy eating beginning on Monday. I made a promise to myself to work hard to get down to 149 by New Years (I found a GORGEOUS little black dress that I want to wear as we celebrate the holiday in Chicago - and I would LOVE to look drop dead gorgeous in it, but need to loose the weight).

So, my weigh in on Oct 31st: 168 pounds

Good luck to everyone!
Posted By: Jilly Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 11/01/08 03:58 AM
Hi Kabes and welcome! it sounds like you know how to work out and can really help the rest of us as we go along.

I'd love to start boxing myself. It looks like such fun. DH and I are planning on getting some gloves and those things you hold that people can hit and kick as our xmas gift to each other (romantic, eh?).
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 11/02/08 03:44 AM
Kabes9 - welcome!! I am sure you are gorgeous now! We are all gorgeous in our current skin as long as we feel and act that way smile I definitely support you in your goal to achieve a weight you feel is more healthy though! I want to make sure we all feel happy and pretty the way we are - but also be able to strive to be even better, in whatever way we feel that will be!
Posted By: Kabes9 Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 11/02/08 05:53 AM
Thank you for the welcomes!

Jilly, boxing really is a blast! I do a boxing circuit when I work out (aiming more at conditioning, than actually fighting). The circuit consists of a heavy bag, a speed bag, a double ended bag, crunches on an incline with a medicine ball, and jumping rope.

I start each workout with general footwork around a ring, shuffling, while throwing punches and weaving - switching directions ever few minutes. My circuit times change depending on my energy level - but I think I began at 3 minutes on, 1 minute off, with three rounds at each part of the circuit. During the minute off, I would do 10 push ups and 10 dips, and any extra time I had was mine to take a breather and a drink!

I always end my boxing workouts with an intense ab workout (pushing myself to my absolute limit, which isn't hard after such a difficult workout!). It always feels amazing to do a workout like that.

Obviously, boxing doesn't have to be that intense to get a good workout - but pushing yourself is key. If you're throwing wimpy punches, you're not getting much out of it. The timed circuits always worked out for me because I'd just tell myself I only have to push seconds longer until I get a break and I'm going to make those seconds count - and in the last 30 seconds of each round, I always push to use every ounce of energy left.

And Lisa, you're right - I am gorgeous now! I started pushing myself to eat healthy and exercise because I wanted to be fit, not because I was concerned with my looks (of course everyone loves to look great, but I'm not one to care all that much about what other people think of me). I found myself getting winded walking up stairs, and having trouble performing activities like I used to - and decided I had to take control before it got out of hand. Using my wedding as a 'deadline' was motivating to me. Setting a goal got me working out more often and helped me say no to tempting junk food. Now that my wedding has passed, I've set New Years as my new goal date to help keep myself from straying from my healthy habits. It feels so good to know that by New Years, I could be down to what I (and my doctor) consider to be a healthy weight for myself (by the way, did I mention I'm only 5 foot 2? If my numbers seem a little low - that's why!) It's just such a great feeling to exercise and finish off energized and upbeat, rather than collapsing on my couch halfway through a workout!
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 11/02/08 08:38 PM
You have a fantastic attitude, Kabes9, it's great to have you on board! Yes, so many injuries and problems arise from people having mobility and balance issues. It is so important for all of us to be fit, so that we can enjoy a long, healthy life. I'm sure we all want to be the 90 year old who is still out dancing and laughing and having fun - not the one bedridden in a nursing home staring at the fish tank!

I weighed in today at 133.8 pounds - so I'm starting to make progress! The key for me is to get even a little exercise in. I work from home and work on my computer so it is really easy to sit in a chair all day long and never move at all. That isn't good for any body smile

I have a dance-dance-revolution setup in the basement and now I have four different game discs for it, so bunches of songs to rotate through. I do about an hour. What's interesting is I had been doing it frequently back in the spring and then got distracted in the summer. When I started up again I was worried that I would have to go back to the super easy levels, but I actually can still do the medium level ones! So my body's endurance and everything actually held out pretty well. That's very encouraging for all of us - that if we get toned now, it will maintain for a while even if we have to take a break from our schedule smile
Posted By: Lady J Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 11/02/08 10:47 PM
good job lisa. I am now at 239.9. I have been a little more active this week and I think that helped;.
Posted By: ashley7813 Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 11/03/08 06:08 AM
so i just registered here tonight. I weighed in at 214.5 which is 10 pounds under my highest weight of 225. I;m starting to count carbs now to do something about it cuz these numbers are not ok with me! I;ve always been the heavy one though reaching over 150 in 7th grade. I graduated high school in 2005 at 180 and gained 34 pounds in the past 3 1/2 years because i moved out of my parents house so my diet has consisted of mcdonalds and taco bell! any advise or support would be greatly appreciated I'm new at this! I just decided not to settle anymore and do something about it!
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 11/03/08 08:55 PM
I'm still 133.8 today which is fine, weight loss goes through plateaus and then drops. Staying steady is much better than gaining! Yesterday I had my shake for breakfast, eggplant parm for lunch and then a turkey sandwich on low carb bread for dinner. One glass of wine. I am hoping to get in an hour of dancing today, we'll see if that happens.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 11/03/08 08:57 PM
Jase - that's great, keep up the activity!

Ashley - welcome! Definitely fast food can be very bad for you - and expensive too! You save a lot of money and help your health by eating healthy meals you make yourself.

If you start with my 'two week start' articles -

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Posted By: Lady J Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 11/04/08 12:15 AM
it helps that it is in the 70's in NOVEMBER in Illinois this year. So still more active than when it gets cold. The boys (two chihuahuas) don't like to take as long of walks when it is cold even with their sweaters
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 11/04/08 10:21 AM
Jase - is there anywhere indoor you can take them to walk around, any mall that allows pets or something like that? I always try to figure out my options!

Tonight I start my first swordfighting class, my new means of exercise (and something I've always wanted to do, to help write my medieval novels more authentically). I rode my exercise bike for a 1/2 hr yesterday to get ready. I'm actually only "spectating" today but I still wanted to do some working out in the hopes of meeting everyone looking at least like I wasn't going to fall over when I began actual training next week smile
Posted By: Lady J Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 11/05/08 01:10 AM
nope.. we are in the middle of nowhere. so outdoor is our only option. ;0(
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 11/05/08 04:26 AM
time to start up a dog-owners club that meets at the local high school gym!
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 11/05/08 09:32 PM
I am still 134 today which is good that I'm holding steady smile Now to get in some dance-dancing today to try to work my way down!
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 11/06/08 03:10 AM
Hurrah!! I got in an hour and ten minutes of DDR dancing, and even wrote down what songs I was doing to aim to kick things up to a harder level of difficulty. I have only had a shake so far today, so I'm going to get myself a nice large salad now smile

My first real swordfighting class is next Tuesday so I want to make sure I get in a solid hour of dancing each day so that I have a sense my aerobic system can hold up to a 1/2 hr of swordwork which I imagine will be even more intense than the dancing is. I also need to get some arm strength training in here too, dancing is mostly about the legs smile
Posted By: Kimmi08 Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 11/07/08 02:14 AM
Defiantely got the Puerto Rican booty

hahahahahah Jase you keep me in stitches. Hey, a Puerto Rican booty is hot... Hang in there. hahahahhheheheheh
Posted By: Kimmi08 Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 11/07/08 02:17 AM
Hi Kabes and welcome! it sounds like you know how to work out and can really help the rest of us as we go along.

I'd love to start boxing myself. It looks like such fun. DH and I are planning on getting some gloves and those things you hold that people can hit and kick as our xmas gift to each other (romantic, eh?).

Add in a boxing bag from Academy. They are great for kick boxing too. They really come in handy when you're steaming about something.
Posted By: Kimmi08 Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 11/07/08 02:20 AM
Welcome to all the new ones joining in the fight to get fit and healthy.

I'm losing inches by the minute. thanks for all the advice and encouragement. bye and happy harvest.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 11/08/08 02:35 AM
Thursday I didn't get any exercise in - it was a very busy day for me. Today is equally busy as we are in the final day of submissions for Mused - the Literary Magazine! Be sure to get your submissions in by midnight!!

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Posted By: Lynn_B Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 11/08/08 02:44 AM
Well, I was actually doing pretty well - rolling right along with you guys. Walking every day and riding the stationary bike. Spent last Saturday out at the local air base watching the air show - love the Blue Angels! - and popped my left knee out of socket (happens now and again--loose joint). Its back in place now, but have to go for an MRI Monday to see what sort of soft damage I've done this time. I'll catch up with you guys again after Thanksgiving, hopefully. Meantime, I'll just work on the arms and abs.
Posted By: Lady J Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 11/08/08 03:33 AM
OMG Lynn, that is so horrible ;0(. Get better soon darlin!

Tomorrow, I will be cheating. i admit it. I have a "friend" coming into town from NYC, and we are going out to dinner and drinks. I will blow my calorie count and lower carb lifestyle

but as long as I hop back on the train it'll be ok
Posted By: Lynn_B Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 11/08/08 03:35 AM
Its not so bad. The darn thing pops out of socket 3 or 4 times a year (leftover from the teen years from full dislocation). I just pull the brace out of the closet and keep on going.
Posted By: Jilly Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 11/09/08 12:05 AM
Ouch, Lynn! Sorry to hear about your poor knee. Maybe walking would be better than cycling for you?

I am still at 132, weirdly enough. I don't get my body. I went up to 134 a few days ago.

I will just keep on working out and eating low carb. :-)
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 11/10/08 03:19 AM
I am at 134 and did a full hour of dancing tonight.

Jilly - I know you like your wine but try cutting alcohol out of your diet for 2 weeks straight. You might be amazed at what a difference it makes. When I did that, that's when I lost 10 pounds smile Of course you may decide for yourself that you'll be happy at 132 and drinking wine, but it's fascinating to see how alcohol affects you.
Posted By: Kimmi08 Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 11/10/08 04:56 PM
Originally Posted By: Lynn_B
Well, I was actually doing pretty well - rolling right along with you guys. Walking every day and riding the stationary bike. Spent last Saturday out at the local air base watching the air show - love the Blue Angels! - and popped my left knee out of socket (happens now and again--loose joint). Its back in place now, but have to go for an MRI Monday to see what sort of soft damage I've done this time. I'll catch up with you guys again after Thanksgiving, hopefully. Meantime, I'll just work on the arms and abs.

Hang in there Lynn and feel better. Working that upper body is a good idea. Afterall, its the body part that shows the fastest improvement opposed to the rest of the body. So go for it.

I'll give my weigh in by the end of the week. Good luck everyone.
Posted By: Lady J Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 11/11/08 01:18 AM
231.6 I am SHOCKED ;0)

I didn't cheat on saturday because my friend ended up not coming LOL

I have added healthy snacking alternatives to my diet and switched to a lesser calorie drinking option, sweet iced tea made with natural sugar substitute and splenda. Works out to be about 10 calories per serving... not bad. And by serving I mean litre ;0)

I have water bottles (1 litre) that i wash and reuse every day. They make me drink my needed water and I am less headachy (none but the sinus ones now) and my skin is even better. I had been having issues recently but once I added the right about of water my skin issues started clearing up a lot. Now I am using my normal facial regiment and my skin is cleared up. My lips are less chapped, and I notice my skin is also less dry.

Keep up the work ladies
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 11/11/08 03:08 PM
224- Only a 2 lb loss, but then again better than a 2 lb gain.
Everyone is doing great, keep up the good work!
Holidays are gonna be tough for some of us wink
Posted By: Beasthunt Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 11/11/08 06:27 PM
Ok, i'm in. I'm at 258. This is great. Every year at the gym i'm at they have a 3 month competition with the chance to win a nice HD television. This year is my year to win it. This will get me prepped. You folk are awesome!
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 11/11/08 06:41 PM
Beasthunt, we want to welcome you to the forum, and wish you lots of luck with your competition, Nice TV wink
Posted By: Kabes9 Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 11/12/08 11:55 PM
Hey everyone! I've been working hard the last two weeks, eating healthy - and getting in a workout almost everyday for about an hour average. I've been doing a variety of workouts - yoga, cardio, weight lifting, kickboxing, abdominal workouts, etc. I'm down to 166 right now - lost two pounds. Not as much as I expected, but it is late in the day, so that number may be off, as I weighed myself in the morning last time.

I found a new favorite breakfast food that I thought I'd share with everyone too. It's quick and easy in the morning, and healthy too! If you love McDonalds Parfaits, you'll love this!!

I buy one of those big containers of Dannon Light and Fit vanilla flavored yogurt, and a frozen package of mixed berries fruit (I use store brand). In a glass bowl with a tupperware lid (any tupperware would probably work), I put a layer of yogurt, a layer of fruit, then another layer of yogurt. My glass bowls are 1 cup, which seems to be the perfect serving size for me. Toss it in the fridge, and by morning the fruit will be perfectly defrosted and ready to eat.

I like to make a few at a time - and find they last about 3-4 days before the fruit juice starts seeping into the yogurt too much for my liking. I also sometimes top the yogurt with granola, or some other types of cereal when I'm in the mood for a crunch. And, while it's my favorite breakfast food, I will admit that I do grab them quite often throughout the day too - especially since I always make them ahead of time.

Enjoy!!

Anyone have any other favorite healthy food ideas?
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 11/13/08 12:13 AM
Way to go Kabes, keep up the good work, The rewards last a life time!
Rosie
Posted By: Kimmi08 Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 11/20/08 04:16 PM
I hope everyone is holding to their own specific goals. I'm at 180. laugh and doing well.
I've got my head into this goal for Christmas and by that I mean, I have increased workouts and included weights with healthy eating. Everytime, I see something sweet, for the first time, it doesn't tempt me like it used too.

It's like once you see yourself dropping inches and pounds, you don't wanna mess up what you've worked so hard to accomplish.

I don't know about you all but it hurts so much to get into shape. My muscles were aching the other day but it was a good hurt not a "you've done too much" pain.

Yes, I do plan to eat Thanksgiving dinner but in a saucer and with loads of veggies and Turkey. Very little starches and carbs.

What about you all? How will you try to maintain during the biggest eat day of the year?
Posted By: TJinAL Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 11/20/08 06:45 PM
Just checking in...
I have been doing pretty good on my weight loss...lost 6 lbs. since Nov. 1st smile. Slow and steady as she goes...LOL
Posted By: Lady J Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 11/21/08 05:46 AM
226.3. I am glad. My goal for the year was to be down to 225. I know that with the holiday around the corner I am hoping to maintain and not gain. I don't eat a lot of carbs during the holidays but with going to others for holiday meals, etc, it isn't always the best for my weight. But when i look back, over 200 pounds lost, I cannot complain.

I have only 1.3 pounds to go and I will be to my goal for the year. My next goal is to increase my muscle mass and excercise program.
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 11/21/08 10:47 AM
Way to go Jase, Thats soo awesome. I miss seeing your smiling face, penguins are cute but your face was cutest.
;0
Keep up the great work Jase and everyone else.
I'm beginning to think all things are possible smile
Posted By: Kimmi08 Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 11/21/08 06:36 PM
Yeah, Jase. I agree with everything Skyhaven said....great on accomplishing your weight goal. Now if only I can keep my spirits and discipline up to achieve the same.
Posted By: Beasthunt Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 11/23/08 02:21 PM
226.3. I am glad. My goal for the year was to be down to 225. I know that with the holiday around the corner I am hoping to maintain and not gain. I don't eat a lot of carbs during the holidays but with going to others for holiday meals, etc, it isn't always the best for my weight. But when i look back, over 200 pounds lost, I cannot complain.

I have only 1.3 pounds to go and I will be to my goal for the year. My next goal is to increase my muscle mass and excercise program.

Awesome man! 200 LBS that's an inspiration story man. When I get to 215 that will be 100. I thought I was hot stuff at 60 lbs lost....lol. I can't wait to be 226!

Weighed myself this morning and i'm at 253.
Posted By: Lady J Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 11/23/08 08:08 PM
well. I weighed in this week at 230.3. I think this was due to me being sick and injesting tons of fluid beyond the norm. Also we have fluctuations. dditionally the excercise program might be adding in more muscle mass which will cause me to weigh more. I am not freaking out though.
Posted By: Kimmi08 Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 11/25/08 05:28 PM
Keep it up TJinAL. You can do it.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 11/30/08 05:31 AM
I weighed myself fully on 11/23, before Thanksgiving, just to see what harm Thanksgiving and leftovers would cause smile I was

131.6 pounds
26.6% fat
51.1% water
6.3 lbs bone
39.2 lbs muscle

We'll see if I remember to weigh myself tomorrow morning smile
Posted By: Jilly Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 11/30/08 05:51 AM
Well i have replaced the wine with water with some apple cider vinegar in it for a week. Then went overboard on thanksgiving (on purpose). Now back to the usual.

I have been steady at 132, no more, no less. Interesting plateau.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 11/30/08 06:05 AM
That is *awesome* that you had no change through a Thanksgiving of mashed potatoes and stuffing!! Great job, Jilly!!
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 12/01/08 12:06 AM
OK it looks like I did well, I just weighed myself this morning and am down .4 pounds from my weight on 11/23, even with Thanksgiving being in the middle.

131.2 pounds
26.1% fat
51.4% water
6.3lb bone
39.6lb muscle

I started the month at 134.4 pounds and have to admit I haven't been super disciplined - but I did lose 3.2 pounds even though it was the month with Thanksgiving in it, which I think is reasonably good! I probably would have been happy just to stay even smile
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 12/01/08 10:45 PM
OK we're at the end of the cycle!! I'm at 131!! Everybody else post their final weights, and their total weight loss for November!
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 12/01/08 10:56 PM
Holding at 224, only a 2 lb. loss
Everyone is doing so great
Posted By: Lady J Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 12/02/08 01:22 AM
222.3 I beat my yearly goal! YAY!

Total November loss - 21.3 pounds!!!!!!!

Normally I wouldn't want to lose that much weight in a month. However, I totaly changed my excercise program, and decided to do the low carb thing. So changing my diet some more, cutting otu most soda and refined sugar, switching to raw pure sugar and sugar substitutes, and adding more fiber to the diet worked wonders.

I think I want to maintain about 225 for a while so that I can get my excercise under control and build up my lean muscle before starting to lose more. Plus, now that its winter with snow and ice, some of my activities will be harder to do so I don't want to disappoint myself by not losing and feeling down.
Posted By: Lady J Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 12/02/08 01:25 AM
one thing I can say about walmart.. i am able to weigh myself ;0) I just pull a scale off the shelves and hop on after calibrating. I get some funny looks sometimes but hey... it's workable
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 12/02/08 06:43 AM
Jase that is such incredible news!! Can you post an "after" photo here in the forums? I'm not sure that anybody else lost over 21.3 pounds - although we can certainly see if anybody speaks up! That would make you the winner! You could use the winnings to buy a scale of your very own if you wanted smile
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 12/02/08 10:33 AM
Jase, thats awesome, keep up the great work wink
Glad to see you put your picture back.
Posted By: Jilly Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 12/02/08 09:37 PM
That is awesome jase! You are probably the winner! :-)

I didn't lose anything this round. My body seems to like 132. But on the other hand I didn't gain anything with my holiday carb binge, so i can't complain.
Posted By: Kimmi08 Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 12/02/08 10:00 PM
I actually lost a pound after Thankskgiving then somehow gained it back a day ago. Well, I tried.
Posted By: Lady J Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 12/03/08 03:57 AM
i have a pic i took at work today holding my pants out. I lost about 3 inches or so from my waist it seems. Now when i get my computer back up and running I will share. I also took a headshot. I think I see it more in my face and others have said the same thing.
Posted By: Lady J Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 12/03/08 08:26 PM

Posted By: Lady J Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 12/03/08 08:28 PM
dont expect the best frm those pics. They were fone by myself at work and rushing between clients. And it was taken on a cell phone with not the best programmin.
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 12/03/08 08:38 PM
WOW Jase, looking good wink You must be feeling pretty proud of your self right about now.
Keep up all the hard work it is truly paying off.
Posted By: Jilly Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 12/03/08 09:36 PM
WOw, you look great jase! They look those those AFTER pics on the Biggest Loser. And your face looks thinner too, as you mentioned. Good job, Diva!
Posted By: Kimmi08 Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 12/04/08 02:32 PM
Dido....way to go. Keep giving me incentive to get back into my old comfy 501 jeans.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 12/05/08 03:39 AM
Wow that is so awesome Jase! And your work area seems really lovely! What a relaxing place to work smile
Posted By: Beasthunt Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 12/09/08 01:55 PM
Hey all!

I just weighed myself today and just weighed in at 248! On a sadder note my friggin gym decided that they are not going to do the biggest loser competition this year they decided to do a "who can sign up the most people" competition. I am going to explain to them my disdain for what they have done then I am going to switch gym's. I don't like a company that goes with greed over making the people happy.
Posted By: Lady J Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 12/10/08 02:32 AM
Grats Beast. You're on your way to a happy you!
Posted By: Lynn_B Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 12/10/08 02:43 AM
Kudos to everyone! I haven't lost more than a couple of pounds; mostly just maintaining. But with the whole knee in a brace not doing much of anything routine I can't complain. I'll catch up with guys in January/February once they turn me loose to exercise again.

PT is SOOOOOOOO boring!
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 12/10/08 02:33 PM
Originally Posted By: Beasthunt
Hey all!

I just weighed myself today and just weighed in at 248! On a sadder note my friggin gym decided that they are not going to do the biggest loser competition this year they decided to do a "who can sign up the most people" competition. I am going to explain to them my disdain for what they have done then I am going to switch gym's. I don't like a company that goes with greed over making the people happy.

Ten pounds is awesome!! Way to go!!

I agree with the gym comment - that seems a little mercenary! That being said, maybe the gym is having financial problems and is about to fail? It might be their only option to stay open right now, with the way the economy is going, and if that was true I'd probably be more accepting of their attempt to stay alive ...
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 12/10/08 02:34 PM
Lynn -

Even a few pounds is great during Thanksgiving!! That is wonderful that you were able to keep on a downward trend, well done!

For PT, can you wear headphones and listen to fun music or even a story?
Posted By: Lynn_B Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 12/10/08 02:50 PM
Yeah, I take my iPod. But all I'm allowed to do is swing my legs (they call it "tail gating") and do heel slides. Then its ulrasound, joint manipulation and massage. 45 minutes 3 times a week. Boring! And doesn't accomplish much of anything. In a few weeks, will get to add 5 minutes on the bike. Whoopee.

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Weight Loss Contest = November 2008 - 12/11/08 04:22 PM
I can see how that would get boring! Maybe if you got a really interesting book on tape so you lost track of the leg motions?
© BellaOnline Forums