BellaOnline
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Does Garlic Burn your Throat? - 06/06/13 05:42 PM
My throat is still healing from eating raw garlic last night. It was painfully sore all night. Do you have this happen to you?

I had some garlic hummus with a large dollop of raw garlic on top of it and I pretty much ate all the garlic off smile.
Posted By: Lori - Marriage Re: Does Garlic Burn your Throat? - 06/06/13 06:01 PM
That happened to me once when I put too much raw, pressed garlic in a salad dressing. As far as my throat burning.

Usually eating raw garlic burns my stomach lining. I do eat it on occasion when it is minced and sprinkled on cooked edamame but I have to be careful.

I prefer garlic roasted.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Does Garlic Burn your Throat? - 06/06/13 06:13 PM
Lori -

It's good to know it's not just me. I was baffled when my throat first started to ache. All I'd eaten was the garlic, really. I guess I now know better than to gobble it up like that.

It means I got pretty much zero sleep last night as I tossed and turned. My throat was in a lot of pain. I think I need to take a nap now, even though I have a lot I wanted to get done today. I just can't keep my eyes open. Probably better to nap now and then get stuff done in a few hours, vs to sluggishly plod my way through tasks!
Posted By: Lori - Marriage Re: Does Garlic Burn your Throat? - 06/06/13 06:16 PM
Ugh! I'm so sorry you suffered like that!

You poor thing! Wonder if Chloraseptic spray could have numbed your throat for a while? A bite of yogurt or ice cream?
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Does Garlic Burn your Throat? - 06/06/13 09:56 PM
Lori -

I had some Bailey's on ice just now which dulled it down, and I was able to nap for a few hours. So that did help. It's still sore but just a dull ache now. So hopefully by tomorrow it'll be mostly healed, and I'll have learned a valuable lesson smile.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Does Garlic Burn your Throat? - 06/07/13 04:59 PM
I'm just not hungry today, my throat is still sore. Had an EAS shake and am contemplating a Chobani ...
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Does Garlic Burn your Throat? - 06/14/13 07:24 PM
Well I'm back to eating it again smile. This time I'm taking care to mix it in and eat it with celery. We'll see if I do better smile.

I just love garlic with hummus ...
Posted By: Lori-Dreams Re: Does Garlic Burn your Throat? - 06/15/13 12:02 PM
Garlic hummus is delicious! Roasted garlic is even better, in my humble opinion! smile

Eating fresh garlic provides a lot of health benefits but you do have to watch for the burn. I use a garlic press when I add fresh garlic to homemade salad dressings. I like to mince fresh garlic and sprinkle on edamame, along with a bit of soy sauce and chili oil.

I have some hummus in my refrigerator now. Maybe I'll add some fresh garlic!
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Does Garlic Burn your Throat? - 06/19/13 06:06 PM
That's a good idea about the edamame, Lori. I'll have to have Bob bring us home some garlic the next time he's shopping.

I didn't have any problems at all with the garlic this time, when I was careful to mix it in. So I just have to remember to do that going forward.
© BellaOnline Forums