BellaOnline
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Healthy Breakfast - 08/14/12 03:39 PM
It's breakfast time for me, which means an EAS low carb chocolate shake. What did you have for breakfast?
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Healthy Breakfast - 08/16/12 05:41 PM
Having my breakfast - an EAS low carb shake plus chewy orange vitamins / calcium / fiber / C. What are you guys munching on?
Posted By: Carleen-Hispanic Culture Re: Healthy Breakfast - 08/16/12 06:11 PM
I'm on a low fat diet:

1/2 cup rolled oats
1 cup almond milk
1/2 cup of fruit
2 Tbs flax meal

I HATE hot oatmeal, but love it cold. I let the mix sit for a few minutes. Great fiber breakfast. :-)
Posted By: FrankJBN Re: Healthy Breakfast - 08/16/12 08:31 PM
So Lisa, i see you had a late (and far too insubstantial) breakfast at 11:39, then again 2 hours later. You ought to eat a real breakfast.

2 pieces whole grain bread toasted
Stouffer's cream chipped beef on the toast
top with 3 eggs over easy
1 can of corned beef hash w/ diced bell pepper thrown in on side
top with two pan-fried tomato slices
some jalapeno corn bread
peach and cream cheese pastry
3-4 cups coffee
couple of glasses iced diet cherry-coke

Mmm-mmm.

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Healthy Breakfast - 08/16/12 09:17 PM
Carleen - my boyfriend has oats with almond milk every morning, that is a delightfully low carb breakfast as well as being low fat smile Yes it's full of fiber!
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Healthy Breakfast - 08/16/12 09:19 PM
Frank -

I think my posts might have confused you - I just have one shake a day. I have one every morning. And it's not that it's late - it's that I work at night hours, a late shift. So I don't wake up until noon to 2pm most days. I have my protein shake right when I wake up.

I hope that makes it more clear!
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Healthy Breakfast - 08/16/12 09:20 PM
Also I should note that I don't even finish my shake because it fills me up. I am 135 pounds and that's what it takes to fill my stomach. I give the remainder of my shake to my boyfriend, after I finish what makes me full. So there's no way I could eat more.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Healthy Breakfast - 08/20/12 05:40 PM
Just waking up. Enjoying my low carb EAS shake over ice, my traditional breakfast. What did you guys have so far today?
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Healthy Breakfast - 08/29/12 05:57 PM
Just waking up, having my low carb morning EAS shake. A late night last night. What have you had so far today?
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Healthy Breakfast - 08/31/12 06:30 PM
Good morning! Just waking up, having my EAS low carb shake for breakfast. How are you guys doing this fine Friday?
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Healthy Breakfast - 09/06/12 06:00 PM
Just waking up, having my morning low carb EAS protein shake with vitamins. What are you guys eating so far?
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Healthy Breakfast - 09/09/12 05:05 PM
Just waking up, starting the day with my low carb EAS shake. How are you guys doing this fine Sunday?
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Healthy Breakfast - 09/11/12 06:41 PM
Drinking my morning EAS protein shake with chewy vitamins. It's a nice routine for me to start my day. What have you had so far?
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Healthy Breakfast - 09/18/12 06:35 PM
Enjoying my EAS low carb protein shake, my traditional breakfast. I love it. What are you guys having so far today?
Posted By: Dianne W - Editor Re: Healthy Breakfast - 09/19/12 01:30 AM
My healthy breakfast usually consists of a healthy choice meal from the freezer. :-)
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Healthy Breakfast - 09/19/12 11:51 PM
For one of my visitors - here's my full article on great low carb breakfast ideas -

Low Carb Breakfast

Dianne - that works too!
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Healthy Breakfast - 09/23/12 07:20 PM
Enjoying my morning lowcarb EAS shake with chewy orange vitamin set. How are you guys doing this fine day?
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Healthy Breakfast - 10/02/12 07:04 PM
Just waking up, having my EAS low carb protein shake with chewy orange vitamins. How are you eating today?
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Healthy Breakfast - 10/05/12 06:39 PM
Having my morning EAS protein shake and contemplating kayaking. What food and exercise are you up to today?
Posted By: Dianne W - Editor Re: Healthy Breakfast - 10/05/12 07:25 PM
Today, I had my scrambled egg with chopped onions, peppers, tomato and cheese. Yum. Exercise, I'm not sure yet. Must do something even if it's just mowing the lawn!
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Healthy Breakfast - 10/10/12 01:06 AM
That sounds very tasty Dianne! Some people enjoy food for breakfast. When I wake up, I'm just not ready to eat yet. So we're all different!

Exercise doesn't have to be "a chore". You can dance! You can kayak! You can go for a lovely walk in a park. Find something you adore!
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Healthy Breakfast - 11/07/12 08:22 PM
I'm enjoying my morning protein shake with chewy orange vitamins. What was your breakfast like today?
Posted By: Lori-Dreams Re: Healthy Breakfast - 11/07/12 08:35 PM
I...don't...want..to...tell you.

Okay, okay, you twisted my arm: a slice of cold, leftover pizza (thin crust at least) and a handful of peanuts. Herb tea.
Posted By: Lori-Dreams Re: Healthy Breakfast - 11/09/12 09:20 PM
This morning, I fared better! Homemade roasted kale chips seasoned with garlic salt.

I made two batches last night. My family didn't care for them. Said they still had the bitter aftertaste of kale. Well, it *is* kale. Roasted fresh kale with olive oil and a bit of malt vinegar in a 300 degree oven for 20 minutes. Then, a bit of garlic salt sprinkled all over the crispy chips.

I enjoyed some last night with dinner and again this morning as a "green" breakfast.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Healthy Breakfast - 11/10/12 04:50 AM
Lori -

We all have ups and downs, that is fine! Each day is a fresh new opportunity smile It's great that you tried kale chips, and that you enjoyed them! Maybe your family will get used to them over time smile
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Healthy Breakfast - 01/16/13 12:04 PM
Having my morning protein shake, just finished a lovely yoga session. How are you doing today? Eating anything low carb ?
Posted By: Lori - Marriage Re: Healthy Breakfast - 01/16/13 01:49 PM
I am positively addicted to kale chips now. I only hope there isn't any dire consequences of overeating them!

This morning, I had two eggs and a whole grain *light* English muffin. Not low carb but lower carb! smile

I just bought some cottage cheese and am looking forward to having some with salsa or fruit for tomorrow's breakfast or lunch.
Posted By: Dr. Hershey-MH Re: Healthy Breakfast - 01/16/13 11:01 PM
Today I had cheese and fruit for breakfast and a salad with some slices of steak for dinner.

I also don't eat for hours after I wake up. I usually have two cups of coffee and eat my first meal around 2 or 3pm.

I eat around 50 carbs per day. On a bad day close to 100. I don't eat grains or processed foods. smile
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Healthy Breakfast - 01/17/13 10:59 AM
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day! It's good to have something, even if it's just a protein shake smile.

I'm having my morning protein shake with chewy vitamins. What vitamins do you guys take? Anything chewy? smile
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Healthy Breakfast - 01/18/13 02:44 PM
My morning EAS shake has changed label design. Here's the old & new version of my EAS shake. So this is normally what I have every morning for breakfast.

Here's my review of it.

http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art12026.asp
Posted By: Lori - Marriage Re: Healthy Breakfast - 01/18/13 04:54 PM
Wow, only 2 grams of carbs?!?! I'd love to try this.

How much does this retail for in your area?
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Healthy Breakfast - 01/19/13 01:44 PM
Lori -

Hmmm I think they're now 3g of carbs. It looks like they changed their formula along the way and I forgot to update my page. Still, it's low. We get them for about $1 each.

Today I'm trying the EAS vanilla shake for breakfast rather than my normal chocolate low carb one. It's OK but I think I prefer chocolate smile
Posted By: loongdragon Re: Healthy Breakfast - 01/19/13 02:57 PM
Dear lisa,

I am from the of the old school

of eating..Please do not laugh at my question!
Do you still eat ,eggs,pancakes.Ido not eat meat. .
Do you?

Can you tell me what you consider good and healthy breakfast?

Loong old school.

Thank you
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Healthy Breakfast - 01/20/13 02:54 PM
Loong -

Yes, I eat meat. It's possible to do low carb either eating meat or not eating meat. Low carb is about eliminating unnecessary sugars and starches from one's diet, and focusing on the healthy vegetables and fibers from the carbohydrate area. Then choosing healthy fats and proteins.

I have EAS protein shakes for breakfast. They are made from both soy protein and whey protein.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Healthy Breakfast - 01/20/13 02:55 PM
Today I'm having a strawberry cream eas carb control shake for breakfast. It's 2.5g carbs and a break from my routine. It's certainly OK. I do crave my chocolate tho. I'm just not a strawberry girl I guess smile. What are you guys having?
Posted By: Dianne W - Editor Re: Healthy Breakfast - 01/20/13 03:30 PM
I actually had a salad for breakfast at 8:30 this morning using spinach and Lean Cuisines - Salad Additions.
Posted By: Stephanie - Weight Loss Re: Healthy Breakfast - 01/20/13 03:39 PM
I love salad for breakfast, especially if it contains spinach, apple, red cabbage, and lots of other veggies. Of course, I often don't keep regular hours like normal people.
Posted By: Dr. Hershey-MH Re: Healthy Breakfast - 01/20/13 03:39 PM
I had two hard boiled eggs and an apple smile
Posted By: Lori-Dreams Re: Healthy Breakfast - 01/20/13 03:41 PM
The cheapest I can find those shakes are $2 per serving at CVS. I might try it for an occasional morning breakfast. I like to vary my meals.

This morning, I had a high-carb breakfast of two Eggo Blueberry Whole Grain waffles but that was only 180 calories total. No butter or syrup as one tablespoon of syrup is 270 calories alone! I get sugar-free syrup but found that the sweetness of the blueberries is enough.

Tomorrow morning, I plan to have a serving of chocolate soy milk with only 5 gram of carbs.
Posted By: Dianne W - Editor Re: Healthy Breakfast - 01/20/13 03:47 PM
Thanks Stephanie - good to know that people don't always do the conventional for breakfast! That sounds like a delicious "breakfast" salad!
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Healthy Breakfast - 01/21/13 02:16 PM
Lori - we buy our EAS shakes by the 24 pack from BJs or Sam's Club those are normally $28. We then watch for Walmart coupons on Walmart.com which is $1.25 coupon off of a four pack which makes it $3.50 for the four pack. Note that these are their low carb shakes, not their muscle-building shakes.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Healthy Breakfast - 01/21/13 02:17 PM
Having my morning EAS protein shake - back to my standard chocolate after my round of testing other flavors. I like my chocolate smile What are you guys having?
Posted By: Lori-Dreams Re: Healthy Breakfast - 01/21/13 04:24 PM
Yes, I did notice that the muscle-building shakes cost more. I will be on the look-out for the low-carb versions.

This morning, I had two sticks of Monterey Pepper Jack cheese.
Posted By: Butfultem52 Re: Healthy Breakfast - 01/22/13 09:55 PM
Fried egg and rye crispbread for me........ can't do breakfast without eggs!
Rye Vita (its a crispbread, almost like large crackers) takes getting used to but it has a nice crunch and a nutty flavour plus much lower calorie than bread. Quite satisfying!

Note: new users are not allowed to add links/urls to their posts!
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Healthy Breakfast - 01/28/13 02:28 PM
Having my morning normal chocolate EAS shake. Still have another Atkins one to try out, maybe tomorrow. What are you guys having?
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Healthy Breakfast - 02/05/13 08:47 PM
I'm on a late schedule today so I've only had my EAS protein shake so far. You guys are probably past dinnertime smile What did you have today?
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Healthy Breakfast - 02/22/13 03:16 PM
Just waking up and having my morning EAS shake with my vitamins. How are you guys doing this fine Fridady?
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Healthy Breakfast - 03/02/13 04:48 PM
Having my breakfast EAS shake as I wake up. What are you guys up to? Enjoying the wonderful weekend?
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Healthy Breakfast - 03/09/13 12:29 AM
My schedule is quite upside down, I'm just finishing my breakfast EAS protein shake. Looking forward to my salad soon smile. How have you guys been doing with your healthy eating?
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Healthy Breakfast - 03/09/13 06:49 PM
Having my morning shake. I woke about an hour ago and did my hour of yoga first before sitting down with my shake. What have you guys had for breakfast recently?
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Healthy Breakfast - 03/13/13 10:06 AM
Had my morning shake, plus a nice little orange. Looking forward to getting out and active today in the sun. How about you?
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Healthy Breakfast - 03/14/13 12:23 PM
I've had my EAS shake for breakfast and then a low carb peanut butter and jelly sandwich as a snack. I'm out of my veggie salad mix smile What are you guys having today?
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Healthy Breakfast - 03/22/13 11:38 AM
Having my breakfast shake, just waking up. How are you guys doing today with your low carb lifestyle?
Posted By: Terri Jo Re: Healthy Breakfast - 03/22/13 01:11 PM
Lisa, why did you chose the EAS shakes? I am embarressed to even think about what I ate yesterday. It was an unplained day of gorging.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Healthy Breakfast - 03/22/13 01:35 PM
Terri -

We have tried pretty much every low carb product on the market by this point smile. We are enthusiastic about giving items a fair shot. So out of all the ones our stores stock, this is the one I enjoy the flavor of the most. It all comes down to something I'll enthusiastically enjoy.

We all slip occasionally! Then we start the new day fresh and ready for health smile
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Healthy Breakfast - 04/20/13 02:43 PM
Had my morning shake, and in an hour or so I'll do my first video of a juicing recipe. What are you guys eating today?
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Healthy Breakfast - 04/28/13 12:04 PM
Having my morning EAS shake as I ease back into a normal eating routine, as my juice cleanse come to an end. What are you having?
Posted By: Lori-Dreams Re: Healthy Breakfast - 04/28/13 02:11 PM
Your juice recipes sound so delicious and I'm sad that I cannot enjoy fruit juices like I used do. I adore fruit juice but the blood sugar issues prevent me from partaking.

This morning, along with my coffee, I had about 2 oz. of smoked Gouda cheese. Hubby wanted to get going.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Healthy Breakfast - 04/29/13 01:03 PM
Lori -

Drinking straight fruit juice probably isn't a great idea for anybody - they are pretty much sugar water smile. However, you should be able to find a fruit-veggie medley that has good nutrition in it plus delicious flavors. Maybe there are some options?
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Healthy Breakfast - 04/29/13 01:04 PM
I'm back to my normal routine, my EAS shake in the morning with my collection of orange chewy vitamins. I hope you guys are eating something healthy to start your day! It's important to eat *something* when you first wake up.
Posted By: Lori-Dreams Re: Healthy Breakfast - 04/29/13 03:15 PM
I have to work at that "first thing in the morning" deal. I suppose that's why the EAS shake is such a good idea. Just pop it open.

Maybe I'll do that with some V8 juice? Or soy milk?

This morning, I had only coffee until I was getting ready to go out for my 2-mile walk and realized that I needed something in case my blood sugar dropped. I took a bit of a peanut butter-oat granola bar.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Healthy Breakfast - 08/31/13 03:12 PM
I'm still having my EAS shake every morning, and enjoy it. I do my yoga first, then have my chocolate shake with a handful of chewy orange vitamins / vitamin C / fiber / calcium.

It works for me!
© BellaOnline Forums