BellaOnline
Posted By: Debbie S - Creativity Ed How do you create? - 05/17/10 08:56 PM
What sparks your creative passions?
What mediums do you create with?

Just curious how each of you expresses your creativity...
Posted By: sarahredhawk5 Re: How do you create? - 05/26/10 09:04 PM
I create by writing and recently have been writing poems. I find these especially soothing to the soul. I also knit and do cross stitch. I have been knitting since I was approximately 12. I am now in my 50's. Without these creative outlets I would find life quite boring
Posted By: Debbie S - Creativity Ed Re: How do you create? - 05/31/10 05:13 AM
Thanks for sharing, Sarah!
Ah, cross stitch! I love to do it, but find with little ones running around the house it can become quite frustrating to concentrate long enough to make a few stitches, lol
I've only tried to knit a few times and just never got the hang of it. I have enjoyed crocheting in the past - might need to get the hooks and yarn out again sometime soon smile

I seem to always have several projects going on at once. Right now there are several types of fabric all cut and ready to be sewn into a new skirt, rose petal beads sticking all directions out of one of my pin cushions and a stamped cross stitch baby blanket I had hoped to finish before my son was born. The "baby" is 7 months old now, so hopefully I can get it done before he's old enough to know it wasn't done before his birth.

I completely agree that life would be boring without being able to create!

Anyone else like to share???

Posted By: JOY (Self Development) Re: How do you create? - 05/31/10 12:03 PM
Originally Posted By: Debbie S - Creativity Ed
What sparks your creative passions? What mediums do you create with?...
A few years ago I met a lady who was fed up with her garden flowers dying off every winter. She bought 200 plastic flowers from a Craft shop and stuck them into all her beds amongst her evergreen plants. It totally transformed her garden - for 365 days of the year! (JOY)
Posted By: Debbie S - Creativity Ed Re: How do you create? - 05/31/10 02:12 PM
That's funny! I bet she was the talk of the neighborhood in the middle of winter.
Posted By: mymindseye Re: How do you create? - 12/25/11 12:58 AM
I find just working with,or just being around a large group of people get my Srory Writing into high gear.I can be watching two people chat,...and I'll notice an eye-brow movement,or,body-language,and then I have to go sit down and start writing. I have a big white Binder packed full of short stories,"FAKE-ADS" and a "WHAT-IF?",file,about what it'd be like if someone like- Maggy Thatcher,or Bill Gates had become someone else,and not who they are today. I find so many story "Triggers",in an average day,that I've signed up for a Beginner Cartooning Course in FEB.2012.,because I see so many "Cartoons",that could be drawn every day,I just had to. Merry Christmas, mymindseye
Posted By: Angela J. Shirley Re: How do you create? - 12/25/11 12:43 PM
Hi mymindseye:

Thanks for sharing with us and please keep us posted on how all these awesome projects and ideas of yours work out.

Sounds like you are indeed a creative person!!!!
Posted By: Jim Colyer Re: How do you create? - 01/30/12 09:54 PM
I write songs and record female singers in Nashville. I produced a CD called GOD GIVEN TALENT which is on the home page at my site.
Posted By: ashusood Re: How do you create? - 02/02/12 06:36 AM
i wrote for my blog and do something which make me perfect in my profession
Posted By: Donnarie Re: How do you create? - 02/03/12 04:06 AM
Decorating projects around my home is one of my all-consuming passions. wink I've been making mosaics for many years. I especially love transforming vintage furniture with paint and mosaic. I'm very inspired by color, pattern & texture. I've recently started teaching myself how to play the piano and am learning German with Rosetta Stone. These have been on my bucket list for a long time, so am very happy to finally take the plunge! Over the past 2 years I've taken online courses about building a creative business and building an authentic blog. I love the creative process of writing out my thoughts and ideas. I'm always jotting them down in various notebooks and on scraps of paper - I even have a post-it program on my computer where I have dozens upon dozens of ideas posted on my computer screen - overall, I'm afraid I'm not very organized about it! I'd love to write a book someday. Right now I'm taking an online art course and some interior design courses. One of my goals this year is to expose myself to various styles of artistic mediums that I've never tried before. I am a bit of a night owl and honestly those are some of my most creative hours when I get my best ideas. Visiting art shows or looking at creative books & blogs spark my passion all the time. Reading about what others do also inspires me very much!
Posted By: Cara-Creativity Edtr Re: How do you create? - 02/13/12 05:44 PM
I have an art room full of different ways to create things, but I have found that having too much can cause a sort of creative block. I don't know where to start! I love textiles like yarn and fabric, also beads. Clay is a fun tool, too. I've started to call myself a mixed media artist because there's no way to narrow it down. Just lately, though, I have had to take stock of what I am truly going to work with and what is staying in my art room for too long. Some things are just going to have to head out to give me more room for the things that fit into my life best right now. It's hard to give away creative stuff, though!
Posted By: joanj Re: How do you create? - 03/20/12 02:04 PM
I write, knit and do beadwork. All of those keep me busy and I love being creative. Writing is something I've love to do all my life.

Donna, decorating around my home is fun for me too. There are so many wonderful ideas out there and information on how to do them. I did a sponge painting on one wall of my dining room that turned out really well and my husband and I tiled our kitchen counters and back splash.
Posted By: Cara-Creativity Edtr Re: How do you create? - 03/21/12 01:04 PM
All fantastic ideas! I enjoy blogging, and I'm also a compulsive note maker. If I get things down on a list, I don't have to worry about juggling them in my head!

Posted By: Pantofi Re: How do you create? - 09/27/12 02:40 AM
I create sitting alone at my desk having divine inspiration.
Posted By: Jenny A. Re: How do you create? - 10/01/12 11:56 PM
I also tried a knitting class recently but was too uncoordinated to catch on quickly! This was a surprise, as I used to crochet years ago and was good at it. I plan to take a private lesson. Maybe I need more individual attention!
Posted By: Jenny A. Re: How do you create? - 10/01/12 11:58 PM
When I'm not trying to knit :) I write! I'm inspired by life -- I see story ideas everywhere! I've concentrated primarily on fiction over the years but have recently written a non-fiction book.
Posted By: MarkFichara Re: How do you create? - 05/22/13 06:44 AM
Well its so good to talk on and I do love creativity most and it is all depends on the deep thinking. In fact it makes us to see all around us which inspires me to see something in every aspects.
© BellaOnline Forums