BellaOnline
Posted By: clairehobby No hobbies? - 01/18/13 01:32 AM
Do you believe that there is someone has no hobby? My former colleague tells me that she has no hobby, so if she has no work, she will feel very boring, and she hate the long holidays, because, at that day, she has nothing to do but sleep.
Posted By: Jennifer-Creativity Re: No hobbies? - 01/18/13 02:05 PM
I think some people find it hard to be creative. Perhaps she thinks she has no hobbies but in actuality does. Let me explain: Our creativity usually comes into play when we are doing something we are good at. Some people are good at organizing their homes or offices, while others are good with colors and making pretty pictures or quilts. Her hobby may actually be her work. She may reap the same rewards from working that others do from their recreational pursuits.

On the other hand, perhaps she hasn't found the right hobby yet. Hobbies are so wide-ranging from minature railroads to dollhouses to quilting to painting. There is definitely something for everyone.

What are your favorite hobbies?
Posted By: Meredeth King Re: No hobbies? - 01/18/13 09:14 PM
Yeah, I do believe there someone who has no hobby, I used to have a period like this, when a goal i achieved, you would feel happy in the moment but deep empty would strike subsequently, cause you don't know how to spend the rest time that you used to take it for work. But hobbies can be cultured, by insisting the things that you thought you would gradually get into it, you would finally be into it. I tried, it really works! :)
Posted By: PrettyCassie Re: No hobbies? - 03/21/13 05:24 AM
A hobby should reflect the acute pleasures and deepest wishes of one’s most essential self. Which means I should start worrying. It’s beginning to look like I’ve misplaced my essential self. So, its very essential for as individual to have hobby for us to have a sense of belongingness.
Posted By: David Warner Re: No hobbies? - 04/29/13 12:17 AM
I don't think so but may be she is always doing some boring stuff and don't even like to change in life by efforts.
Posted By: MarkFichara Re: No hobbies? - 06/19/13 06:41 AM
I am agree with david and every one has something special like.
Posted By: Valerie13 Re: No hobbies? - 06/22/13 12:28 AM
I think your former colleague's hobby is her work. Maybe she finds pleasure or enthusiasm when she work.
Posted By: JanetWinslet Re: No hobbies? - 08/07/13 01:49 AM
My classmate often say she has no hobby,she has no interest in other things but handsome boy.
Posted By: ScrapFriends Re: No hobbies? - 09/12/13 12:57 AM
Hey Friends I don't believe in that bcoz every peoples have different types of hobbies.
Posted By: Ilah B Re: No hobbies? - 09/18/13 10:41 AM
I suppose it depends on what you count as a hobby. My mom like to drink coffee and chat with friends and family. And she watches TV and reads women's magagzines. But that is about it. She does not understand why I like crafts so much. Whenever I talk about my hobbies she seems board.
Posted By: MsMarti Re: No hobbies? - 09/19/13 07:50 AM
I've know people who don't have a hobby use their time to work more because they don't know what else to do with their self.
Posted By: Chelle Marriage - Marriage Editor Re: No hobbies? - 09/20/13 11:50 AM
Originally Posted By: clairehobby
Do you believe that there is someone has no hobby? My former colleague tells me that she has no hobby, so if she has no work, she will feel very boring, and she hate the long holidays, because, at that day, she has nothing to do but sleep.

I suffer from Depression, and I found that when my medication is not correct (either too low OR too high) I do not want to do anything but sleep. None of my hobbies interest me.
Posted By: Ilah B Re: No hobbies? - 09/25/13 08:52 AM
Chelle, I have struggled with depression off and on. Sometimes it helps to do something even when you do not feel like it. I tend to make something really, really quick and easy. For example, cut out picture, glue in setting, glue glass cover over it. I made something nice! It gives me a little mood boost. It is not a cure, but it can help a little.
Posted By: leahmullen Re: No hobbies? - 10/27/13 08:16 PM
Yes, I do believe it is possible for someone not to have a hobby. When I grew up this was the norm for all of the adults around me. They worked, kept house, shopped, watched TV and that was it. I did not know one adult with a hobby they were serious about, not one.

I think this is more common than not. A few years ago I reviewed a wonderful book called Get a Hobby. The book outlines the benefits of having a hobby and provides dozens of great hobby ideas. One benefit of having a hobby is that it provides stress relief.

Watching and rating movies is one of my favorite hobbies, and of course I write.
At our house we jokingly say that dad's hobby is "service". He is always helping people. I like it that way!
Posted By: tashalb Re: No hobbies? - 01/29/14 02:48 AM
But i believe,every man has his/her own hobbies at any ways.If anyone ignore this then i have nothing to say.
Posted By: marie4u Re: No hobbies? - 02/11/14 07:43 AM
there are a lot of people who have no hobbies. i know personally many people who just sleep and eat.
Posted By: parijat Re: No hobbies? - 02/13/14 01:41 AM
I really don't agree with this because according to me everyone do have one or two hobby.
Posted By: marie4u Re: No hobbies? - 02/22/14 04:15 AM
[quote=parijat]I really don't agree with this because according to me everyone do have one or two hobby. [/quote] its all matter of personal experiences. i have experienced such people in my life may be you dont.
Posted By: Lestie4containergardens Re: No hobbies? - 02/22/14 09:36 AM
Hello everyone,

How would you define a hobby?

Maybe there are some people who do have hobbies only they do not think they are hobbies by some definition they have. For instance, they may think that collecting stamps or thimbles or teaspoons or postcards or or or is a hobby, and because they don't collect anything, well then they don't have a hobby.

Maybe some people think that arts and crafts (which cover all sorts of hobbies) is not a subject that interests them ... but meanwhile they bake or cook or home-decorate or garden or sew or or or.

Some people may not sell their jams or pickles or crochet work or knitting, so they don't think they have a hobby, because they may think that to have a hobby you must sell something.

I think somehow, that if anyone creates anything - even if it is a calm clean and restful home for your family to come home to - there are a lot of actions taken in terms of that offering that could be termed 'a hobby'.

Not sure that I have articulated my thinking clearly enough, but must commiserate with those, as Marie4u said "just sleep and eat." However, I am not sure that those are the kinds of people who are very interested in life let alone hobbies.

So, to ask again, how would you define the word or concept of HOBBY?

Cheers now
Posted By: kangtuo Re: No hobbies? - 08/04/14 11:11 PM
I think sleeping is her only hobby.
Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: No hobbies? - 04/11/15 01:28 PM
My dad. All he does is sit in front of television. Sometimes he goes for a walk but he always goes back to television. Nothing else interests him and the worst is that even with television he does not care, you ask him about what was said and he always say I don't know. Even with his so-called favorite team he always at least once per games change the channel. He never watch a movie or a show from start to finish.
Posted By: Sheryl T Re: No hobbies? - 04/11/15 08:07 PM
Hi Nancy - Maybe your dad sees walking as a hobby. I thought of it as my hobby for a long time but now I'm back into drawing and paper crafts.
Posted By: Jana - Creativity Editor Re: No hobbies? - 04/11/15 09:43 PM
Yeah, if you can get your dad to do something else it might help, but I know sometimes, that just won't work.

I love paper crafts. I used to do a lot of origami. I used to draw some, but my brother was much better at it than me.
Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: No hobbies? - 04/11/15 10:44 PM
Daisy,

I doubt it. When he started walking it was in Ste-Florence and he did it in extremes. He would walk for hours for many days then completely stop and spend weeks or months just sitting in front of his television then start it over again. Here he did ride a bicycle at least once and did a few walks here and there. Sometimes he sigh when he is tired of watching television because it is boring (he only watches in french since he does not want any other language and we do have every of those channels but its not a lot and its like the same things over and over) and we can see he is bored but instead of getting up from his television and doing something else he stays there and continue watching television. He has no imagination and besides himself he has no interests.
Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: No hobbies? - 04/11/15 10:49 PM
Jana,

There's no way my dad would take any advice for anything. It would be like he would accept blame or admit he was wrong. That is how his mind works.
© BellaOnline Forums