BellaOnline
Hi Bella Family:

What does the word "Creativity" mean to you?

To me, lol, I will share after you do...
Posted By: gemineye006 Re: What does "Creativity" mean to you? - 12/18/11 09:52 PM
creativity comes from the inside is pure and untainted by anything relative or horizontal.it s all the 4 elements in action together and it is bringing something that doesn t exist into being.it s like having sex.
Thanks for sharing.

Now I will share.

By nature I have never considered myself being creative, but at age 53 have finally realized you do not have to be an artist or painter to be creative. Yes, that is what I use to call creative.

Being creative is what you "create" in your life - for example, I am creating "multiple" income sources so that I can relax and not worry so much about keeping a roof over my head.
Posted By: gemineye006 Re: What does "Creativity" mean to you? - 12/19/11 02:40 PM
yes,i agree life is art and you just create it in the way of a painting or a song,it depends what suits you the most.your imagination for creation is really important,because just like in art there s no law but what you are. if you for example create multiple income sources,you always going to tap in your own source and create a way of income that doesn t exist outside of you.it s like creating a new river where there just was a plain before. also what is important is that what you create is what you are,the purer you are the more what you create will crystallize and work powerfully and longterm.otherwise you will create something that will not hold together for long as your source will always try to make it right and purer for you,cause whatever happens you will always try to give birth to yourself in the full capacity of your being.
Wow, you gave me some NEW insight into all this!

And you are so right about creating what you are.

LOL, this is the challenge I am now facing with my finances and being age 53. But I so believe what you stated, you ATTRACT more of what you are "creating" - so with this in mind, I am focusing on doing just that.

Now there are some days when I "think" too much about what is not coming together, but thank goodness I am learning to "unthink" and move forward...
Posted By: ssabrinaa Re: What does "Creativity" mean to you? - 12/31/11 03:24 AM
I think creativity is the ability to see and express unique perspectives.
Hi ssabrinaa:

Thanks for stopping by and sharing with us - much APPRECIATED!
Posted By: conniem Re: What does "Creativity" mean to you? - 01/01/12 01:39 PM
I think of cooking as being creative...I love to cook and am always tweeking my recipes to see if I can make them better.
Awesome conniem, love it - can you come to my house and take over my kitchen smile Yep, need some creativity...
Posted By: kooperkin21 Re: What does "Creativity" mean to you? - 01/05/12 06:33 AM
for me creativity is The use of the imagination or original ideas, esp. in the production of an artistic work. the tendency to generate or recognize ideas, alternatives, or possibilities bringing into being of something which did not exist before. and being able take a unique perception... and the ability to see and express unique perspectives.
Creativity is something that is very personal and unique to the individual. Creativity is imagination set free upon the real world.
Hi BB:

I agree 100 percent.

At age 53, I am finally now able to develop this side of me.

LOL, with being a single parent for 18 years - I tended to be too "stressed" out to even think about this.

Now with my only child grown and out on her own, no grandkids as yet, I can be totally selfish and start of some delayed projects I had put on hold.

Thanks SO MUCH for stopping by and sharing with us.

Hugs,
A
Posted By: conniem Re: What does "Creativity" mean to you? - 01/17/12 01:58 PM
Not everyone that lives here is always enthusiastic about my creative cooking Angela lol!!!
Posted By: Jim Colyer Re: What does "Creativity" mean to you? - 01/30/12 09:52 PM
Creativity to me is writing songs. But I know creativity takes many forms. It could be building houses or cars or fixing meals.
I feel creativity can take so many forms and can truly only be defined by the individual. How we express it can be so different as well as how we perceive it. I feel I've always been a creative person. I've let my imagination run wild and it's great.
Posted By: creditreport Re: What does "Creativity" mean to you? - 05/18/12 02:30 PM
For me the creativity is magic. The magic which brings the quality in our work and refreshes our mind. As long as the person is creative he is living his life in true manner.
Posted By: dasiagrayson Re: What does "Creativity" mean to you? - 05/21/12 09:29 AM
creative means creating something new with our owns ideas and imagination..it can be anything.
Posted By: Encore DT Re: What does "Creativity" mean to you? - 06/04/12 07:52 PM
To me creativity is, among other things, unconventionality, or finding ways that are not straightforward, that are more profound and often require one to dig as opposed to act on impulse/autopilot.
Posted By: Omily Re: What does "Creativity" mean to you? - 01/05/13 04:27 AM
I think creative is uniqueness. It doesn't need to be very expensive, but it must have its own idea.
Posted By: loongdragon Re: What does "Creativity" mean to you? - 01/05/13 06:20 AM
To Angela,

To create is from the void of non existance,and make something

that never existed before.It is quite a feat.Once you have done

that no one can re-create it.It maybe the same in aspect ,but

will always remain a copy of your creation.

loong
Posted By: In a Jiff Re: What does "Creativity" mean to you? - 01/07/13 01:19 PM
Just letting go and letting the mind wander in its own unconstrained universe
I agree that creativity is unique. It is the way you approach life, challenges and the actual creation of things.

Everyone's answers are thought-provoking!
Posted By: MarkFichara Re: What does "Creativity" mean to you? - 05/04/13 03:36 AM
I do agree with kooperkin21 and by imagination you can even express your feelings and get output with your creative skill and efforts for someone.
Posted By: clairehobby Re: What does "Creativity" mean to you? - 05/23/13 04:24 AM
To me, creativity is doing different from others and show your own feeling of something.
Posted By: Joyce Knake Re: What does "Creativity" mean to you? - 06/25/13 04:01 PM
Couldn't have said it better myself. I think it's a thought that can hit you at any time. A lot of times when you least expect it. To create is to do something original even if you have to look at a pattern or someone else's idea. The end product will still be original because it won't be exactly like any one else's. Sometimes other works can spark a new and different idea. That's the fun of creativity. :wall:
Posted By: Beverly424 Re: What does "Creativity" mean to you? - 09/06/13 04:13 AM
Creativity, for me, is being able to generate something original and out-of-this-world object out of ordinary and simple things. It is being able to think outside of the box :)!
Posted By: ScrapFriends Re: What does "Creativity" mean to you? - 09/12/13 12:51 AM
creativity means numerous things to different people and can be defined in any number of ways. Creativity can also be defined at many distinct levels -- cognitively, intellectually, socially, economically, spiritually, and from the finite perspective of different disciplines -- business, science, music, art, dance, theater, etc.
Posted By: Ilah B Re: What does "Creativity" mean to you? - 09/18/13 10:56 AM
There are some great answers here. I wanted to add something about creativity on a limited budget. I do a lot of crafting with recycled materials. My favorite thing to craft with is old clothing. Almost any small sewing project that only takes a little bit of fabric can be made with old clothing.
Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: What does "Creativity" mean to you? - 04/11/15 05:17 PM
To me it means more than create. Creativity also means imagination, expression. It does not matter that what you started does not end up being something you still let your imagination out and expressed yourself.
Posted By: Sheryl T Re: What does "Creativity" mean to you? - 04/11/15 08:04 PM
To me, in my writing, it means to put some kind of thoughts together that are meaningful if only to me.
In my art, it seems to mean to me to enjoy myself when making something.
Wow! I love the posts on this thread. Creativity is a many faceted thing, therefore limitless. That's the beauty of it. I love the thought of crafting with recycled materials. There are so many ways to show creativity. That's what makes it so desirable.
© BellaOnline Forums