BellaOnline
Posted By: forcegx7 Feeling Sick After Sex...What does it mean? - 02/05/10 04:01 AM
The mental and emotional feelings of shame and guilt occur in or relate to the mind, and therefore differ from physical (related to the body) disorders, sicknesses, or symptoms...there are no physical symptoms (such as a broken arm or an upset stomach) that come from feelings of shame or guilt, because negative mental and emotional feelings such as shame and guilt originate in the mind of an individual, and display themselves outwardly through a person's behavior or emotions, NOT a physical sickness.

There is NO scientific or medical evidence that the feeling of nausea and throwing up is linked to feelings of guilt and shame.

So what does it mean and why does it happen when a male or female have those actual physical symptoms of sickness of nausea and throwing up in their stomachs right after their first few initial gay or lesbian sexual experiences?
I have thrown up upon seeing a person hurt themselves in an accident. And I have gotten migrain headaches from hearing a friend or relative passing away. When I was a ballet dancer I got nausea waiting in the wings to go onstage. For me, emotions can cause bodily reactions.
Sex, and/or orgasm, can cause migraines in some people. For some people migraine can appear as "only" nausea some or all of the time.

Julie
Originally Posted By: Susan Kramer
I have thrown up upon seeing a person hurt themselves in an accident. And I have gotten migraine headaches from hearing a friend or relative passing away. When I was a ballet dancer I got nausea waiting in the wings to go onstage. For me, emotions can cause bodily reactions.

But I'm talking about having sex though. The person isn't feeling or getting sick while having sex with the same sex partner, because it feels good while they are in the act of pleasuring each other. But as soon as the sex ends, the person feels like throwing up.
I have actually thrown up right after sex. I end up running to the bathroom. This has happened maybe a handful of times. One thing, for me, is not to have sex after eating or on a full belly. Since I'm hetrosexual, I don't think this is isolated to gay sex.
I agree that strong emotions can cause unwitting bodily reactions. I laugh uncontrollably after good sex, which is not as good a thing as you might think. It takes a very understanding and secure partner not to get all bent out of shape about it, but there's nothing I can do about it.
I agree with everyone above
© BellaOnline Forums