BellaOnline
Posted By: CarlaCano-Walking Editor Six Week Challenge - 03/06/14 04:40 PM
Take the six week walking program challenge. Here is a simple way to incorporate a new exercise routine into your daily schedule.

Six Week Challenge
Posted By: CarlaCano-Walking Editor Re: Six Week Challenge - 03/08/14 10:11 PM
Well I am gearing up for Monday to be my first day of the Six Week Challenge. If you are starting with me let me know. If you are planning on a different start day let us know when you do and let's get to our fitness goals together!
Posted By: CarlaCano-Walking Editor Re: Six Week Challenge - 03/14/14 01:15 AM
So how is everyone doing on their walking goals. This week I did not do so well. My goal this week was to walk at the least 3 miles. I managed one so far. I hope to get another one in tomorrow to finish off my week.

I was a little under the weather and not feeling so great but really...I am sure I could have managed a mile. Of course 2 is better than none. I am looking forward to the warmer weather. I usually go to the park and walk with my son. Ready to get with it again!
Posted By: CarlaCano-Walking Editor Re: Six Week Challenge - 03/16/14 10:55 PM
Well it is snowing again here in KY. I feel like winter is never going to go away. However, I am feeling great about meeting my goals this week. I am ready to take the challenge and bust through!
Posted By: CarlaCano-Walking Editor Re: Six Week Challenge - 03/24/14 10:36 AM
Hi everyone,

I hope you are getting your walking in. I have been hit and miss. I want to walk everyday but I have been taking days off. The sunshine is helping though. I also am learning poi but I can't practice until I get my miles in. I know that will help a lot because I am loving the play of poi.

Here is to getting your walk on! Have a great day!
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Six Week Challenge - 03/31/14 09:33 PM
I finally have good walking shoes and also finally got them broken in enough to start thinking about doing actual walking in them.

I walked 5210 steps today at the local mall. My aim is 10,000 steps a day but I figure this is a good start. I had to stop then - I had one of my pinkie toenails digging into the neighbor toe. I got home and trimmed that and will go back out tomorrow, maybe to an outside track if the weather is good.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Six Week Challenge - 04/02/14 08:38 PM
Just back from a lovely walk with Debi - I'm at 7,832 steps. Maybe someday soon I'll hit that 10,000 goal! Now processing the photos smile.
Posted By: CarlaCano-Walking Editor Re: Six Week Challenge - 04/03/14 11:45 AM
I have been getting my miles in. So happy the weather is getting nice. It is a bit rainy but not so cold. I love hearing the birds on my early morning walks, it makes it worthwhile.
Hope everyone is working on their walking goals. You can do anything you put your mind to, one step at a time.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Six Week Challenge - 04/03/14 06:31 PM
Carla - do you count your steps, or just the distance?

I walked 7,001 steps so far today - can anybody guess where I was?

Did you get any walking in?

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Six Week Challenge - 04/04/14 08:54 PM
So far today I've walked 5,796 steps. It was drizzly out but Bob and I walked the bike path. Feeling tired but it's worth it! Did you walk?
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Six Week Challenge - 04/08/14 08:07 PM
Hmmm did you know if you send your favorite pedometer through the washer and then the dryer that it might stop working?
Posted By: CarlaCano-Walking Editor Re: Six Week Challenge - 04/14/14 12:23 PM
Hi Lisa,

No I do not count my steps. I haven't found a pedometer that I love just yet. I am working on it. My goals are more about distance. I would love to reach 5 miles a day, every day. However, I would love to know how many steps I do a day, just for the information.

I just ordered some new shoes, for a barefoot experience. I am hoping they come in today. I love walking barefoot but where I live it isn't possible. So, hopefully these will work out for me. laugh

Hope everyone is getting their walking in!
© BellaOnline Forums