BellaOnline
Posted By: HolisticHealth19 Magnesium - The Beautiful Mineral - 10/24/11 04:15 PM
In Chinese medicine magnesium is known as �mei - the beautiful mineral� because it encourages healthy skin tissues. Magnesium is as important to the human body as air and water.

www.bellaonline.com/articles/art37278.asp

"Even with our differences
There is a place we're all connected
Each of us can find each other's light,
There's so much to be thankful for."

~ Josh Groban
Thankful
Another great article Linda!

I didn't know that about magnesium. Oy!!! Calcium, Magnesium, Vit D, Vit B.

Keeping them straight gives me headache LOL!!!

This morning I stood in my kitchen, looking at my bottles of vitamins. I was drinking a bottle of water, and I thought "I should take my vitamins now." Then I said out loud "I need a break from you guys!" and I actually pointed my finger at my vitamins LOL!!!!

I like the idea of magnesium in a cream! In fact, I'd like them ALL in a cream! One of my vitamins (or maybe a combo) has been making my stomach feel so bloated frown
Hi Deanna

I have stopped taking processed vitamins as I found I was bloated and my urine would be luminous yellow and like acid some days. I think we can take too many vitamins.

Try cutting them all out for a while as you said and drinking lots of water from your bottle which says 'I love you' on it, see if that helps. Then add the vitamins to your daily routine, one by one, and see what you really need to take and see what effects you most.

If they effect you badly, you don't need them!

Try finding the vitamins you need in herbal teas. Rosehip - Vit c etc.

Posted By: Joan541 Re: Magnesium - The Beautiful Mineral - 12/04/11 04:01 PM
I've pretty much quit taking commercial vitamins too as they contain fillers and binders like magnesium stearate (which isn't magnesium as in your article). Over years and years of taking vitamins we take in lots of unneeded and possibly toxic chemicals through the very vitamin supplements that are supposed to keep us healthy.

There are companies out there which sell pure vitamins with no fillers, such as NutroBio (I don't make anything for promoting them but like their products).

These days I get many of my nutrients from cultured veggies. The fermentation process intensifies the vitamins in each food, plus they contain friendly bacteria which helps the digestion so you're getting the most nutrition from the food you eat.

It's easy to make your own Cultured Veggies
Posted By: Wellbeing Re: Magnesium - The Beautiful Mineral - 01/28/13 06:20 AM
The best way to get your vitamins is in your diet. Commercially produced vitamins are not as readily absorbed by the body. Incidentally, Magnesium acts as a calcium channel blocker. Lack of magnesium can lead to muscle spasms and, as the blood vessels are muscle (smooth) poor circulation to the extremities and increased blood pressure. So, before taking beta blockers, it may be a good idea to increase your magnesium intake. Good sources include: Buckwheat flour Oat Bran Almonds Cashews Pumpkin Seeds Spinach Kale
Posted By: Dr. Hershey-MH Re: Magnesium - The Beautiful Mineral - 01/28/13 11:18 AM
I had very bad leg cramps at night and my doctor recommended I start taking magnesium. I do take capsules (600mg) before bedtime and it completely stopped the leg cramps!

smile
Posted By: Wellbeing Re: Magnesium - The Beautiful Mineral - 01/28/13 11:44 AM
I have recommended magnesium many times to my clients. It works well to reduce the symptoms of Reynaud's Disease too.
Posted By: HappyMe09 Re: Magnesium - The Beautiful Mineral - 02/01/13 06:55 PM
I use the oil.
© BellaOnline Forums