BellaOnline
Posted By: Rose-Jokes Editor Phobia Poll-Which is Worse? - 09/26/08 10:00 PM
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: Phobia Poll-Which is Worse? - 09/26/08 10:02 PM
I actually have a phobia of leaving my house!
But i picked washing or bathing
Posted By: Rose-Jokes Editor Re: Phobia Poll-Which is Worse? - 09/26/08 10:28 PM
Originally Posted By: skyhaven
I actually have a phobia of leaving my house!
But i picked washing or bathing

Is that agoraphobia?
I picked washing and bathing too!
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: Phobia Poll-Which is Worse? - 09/26/08 11:03 PM
YA thats what it is, i only leave my house once a week to go to the market with my sister and its so hard to do that frown
I'm so glad i don't have a fear of the bath tub wink
Posted By: Rose-Jokes Editor Re: Phobia Poll-Which is Worse? - 09/26/08 11:09 PM
Originally Posted By: skyhaven
YA thats what it is, i only leave my house once a week to go to the market with my sister and its so hard to do that frown
I'm so glad i don't have a fear of the bath tub wink

My brother used to be the same way, so I can completely understand about that.
A fear of the bath tub would affect everyone around you! lol
Posted By: Sharon M Re: Phobia Poll-Which is Worse? - 09/27/08 12:20 AM
I picked fear of food - I like eating!
I put fear of money - because then how would I go shopping with my daughter?

She and I actually had an argument tonight over a word - "Hydrophobia". She kept telling me it was when dogs would foam at the mouth. And I said, no it would be fear of water. But she was so insistent, so I looked it up to see if maybe she had misread her word.

Turns out "Hydrophobia" is an older term for rabies, because swallowing would be so painful for people, they would refuse to drink water - making people think they had a fear of water.

So I had to apologize to my 11 yr old and tell her she was right. blush grin
I did fear of bathing, too..........more so because I am afraid of what people around me would do if I stank.
Posted By: Rose-Jokes Editor Re: Phobia Poll-Which is Worse? - 09/30/08 04:17 AM
Originally Posted By: Sharon SelfDevelop Ed
I picked fear of food - I like eating!

Food would definitely be a hard one. I don't think I could give up my chocolate!
Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: Phobia Poll-Which is Worse? - 06/13/16 04:03 PM
These are all awful! I hate the phobia I have (spiders) but eventhough there are spiders everywhere this does not stop me from living my life (thankfully i do not live where giant spiders live - some do grow big and even dare i say huge but not gigantic) like the phobias listed and others like it!
© BellaOnline Forums