BellaOnline
Posted By: reiki crystals Chinese Symbol Jewelry - 06/08/07 08:12 AM
In China, Buddhist Jewellery is very popular because this jewellery is craved and can be used for protection and prayers. Jewellery is usually engraved with image of the Buddha, holy creatures and auspicious symbols, e.g. dragon, phoenix, lotus, the Tibetan eight ashtamangala etc. Most of this jewellery is made of jade and crystals. A first-class engraver will crave out delicate jewellery by considering the colour of the gem and its components. Chinese people would also pray for the luck jewel in a temple.

Welcome to my homepage!

http://www.stoneagemystic.com

Posted By: Alexandra Re: Chinese Symbol Jewelry - 06/08/07 08:44 AM
Would everyone please treat Chinese sites selling Buddhist artefacts with caution. I am not saying this is the case here, but there have been many situations where Chinese sites have sold artefacts and exploited the Buddhist connection: The makers and artisans are either paid a pittance or are Sino-Tibetan prisoners or refugees, and the products hold little spiritual significance or value, other than what you personally may attribute to them.
Buddhism has nothing whatsoever to do with 'Luck'.
Symbolism is rife, but a Buddhist artesan would not use Buddhist precious artefacts to exploit their own Dogma.....

Thank you.

However, the name of the poster above is already very neutral, non-personal and generalised, and this is only 1 of 2 posts.....

I would like to know, please, and have evidence of:
Who makes these artefacts?
How much are they paid?
Where do they live?
(The 'about us' link on your home page tells us absolutely nothing about you.....)
Posted By: das Re: Chinese Symbol Jewelry - 06/08/07 10:48 AM
Is Buddhist jewellery popular in China?
How many Chinese follow Buddhism?
Any body knows?

I thought that China was against Buddhism.
At least that is what they do in Tibet.
Posted By: Alexandra Re: Chinese Symbol Jewelry - 06/08/07 11:01 AM
Yes, my friend, exactly my point. this is why I mentioned possible exploitation and profiteering.... Thank you for contributing....
Posted By: das Re: Chinese Symbol Jewelry - 06/08/07 12:26 PM
This pendant shows Lord Ganesha.
The greatest lord in Hiduism.
We begin any work after praying to him.
Posted By: Alexandra Re: Chinese Symbol Jewelry - 06/08/07 12:28 PM
Which pendant? have you forgotten to post a link?
The pendant in the photo is I would presume, of the Buddha.... hence the reference to Buddhist jewellery, I would suppose....
Posted By: das Re: Chinese Symbol Jewelry - 06/08/07 12:34 PM
I am talking of the pendant right at the top. He is Lord Ganesha without fail.
Posted By: das Re: Chinese Symbol Jewelry - 06/08/07 12:35 PM
He also looks like Buddha.
Alexandra, I made a mistake.

But I have always believed both to be same.
Posted By: Alexandra Re: Chinese Symbol Jewelry - 06/08/07 12:36 PM
yes, I take your point, symbolically.... No 'mistake' then.... smile
Posted By: das Re: Chinese Symbol Jewelry - 06/08/07 12:41 PM
Thanks for understanding.
Posted By: reiki crystals Re: Chinese Symbol Jewelry - 06/09/07 07:55 AM
1. stoneagemystic is Hong Kong website, I live in Hong Kong
2. The pendant look like Tibetan Goddess - Green Tara
3. The pendant carved by artisan from china-szechwan, not Tibetan prisoners or refugees, because the buddha is very difficult to carving. Refugees maybe carved the beads, but prisoners will never do it.
4. Buddhism Luck?BellaOnline ALERT: For anti-spam reasons, we restrict the number of URLs allowed in a given post. You have exceeded our maximum number of URLs.
Posted By: reiki crystals Re: Chinese Symbol Jewelry - 06/09/07 02:46 PM
Correct version:

1. Stoneagemystic is a Hong Kong website and I live in Hong Kong
2. The pendant look like Tibetan Goddess - Green Tara
3. The pendant carved by artisan from china-szechwan, not Tibetan prisoners or refugees, The buddha is very difficult to carve and it takes lots of time to learn the skills. Refugees may carve the beads, but prisoners can never do it. Besides, we have a page called Guarantee in our website. You can return the product to us with the lab report if you find that it is not 100% natural.
Link:BellaOnline ALERT: For anti-spam reasons, we restrict the number of URLs allowed in a given post. You have exceeded our maximum number of URLs.
Posted By: eljbabette Re: Chinese Symbol Jewelry - 07/21/07 12:32 AM
Yes, Alexandra, I have heard of that (too) many times...sad, but, true...I, also, thought this forum was for work made BY jewelry artisans, not, for "selling" others' work? Maybe, I am mistaken...No other comment...

ell
© BellaOnline Forums