BellaOnline
Posted By: Valjoa Looking for wire wrap techniques - 03/30/07 04:22 PM
Hello everyone; I am new to this forum and fairly new to wire wrapping. I am always looking to learn new techniques on dvd or print, but I'm not having much luck. It seems Preston Reuther has captured that corner of the market at very high prices for instructional dvd's. The site I have found usually only covers the basic wire wrap techniques. I am looking for intermediate and advanced techniques. Any suggestions?
Thanks.
Posted By: Crisfra Re: Looking for wire wrap techniques - 03/30/07 10:05 PM
Hi and thanks for stopping by!

Is it the "sculptural" style of wirework that you're most interested in (like the one that Preston Reuther teaches)?
Posted By: lizard4me2 Re: Looking for wire wrap techniques - 03/31/07 02:11 AM
hi valjoa
did you check out the free section at wire_sculpture? there are videos as well as instructional patterns. also you can rent dvd's a week at a time from smartflix.com
also, just check out all the free tutes on different wire wrappers sites-i have found several that were really helpful as far as learning techniques, also prices for buying others were really good, and the tutes are excellent!

enioken.com
studioheath.com
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Posted By: Crisfra Re: Looking for wire wrap techniques - 03/31/07 04:44 PM
Great tips, Theresa!
Posted By: Valjoa Re: Looking for wire wrap techniques - 03/31/07 08:07 PM
Hi... Thanks for the info. Yes it is primarily sculptural wrapping I want to focus on. I'll check the sites.
Posted By: lizard4me2 Re: Looking for wire wrap techniques - 04/01/07 12:12 AM
Thank you! i learned most of what i know by the 'freebies', a few purchased tutes, and lots of experimenting!
theresa
Posted By: lizard4me2 Re: Looking for wire wrap techniques - 04/01/07 12:13 AM
you're welcome, and good luck in your quest--be sure and post some pics when you get to twistin' that wire-LOL!
theresa
Posted By: Marcia Wiggins Re: Looking for wire wrap techniques - 04/02/07 04:49 PM
Dear Valjoa:

Here is a link to our site, we have 2800 pages of free designs and instructions. I would start by reading the beginner instructions which I have included a link to:
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Posted By: Annette 244 Re: Looking for wire wrap techniques - 08/12/08 09:56 PM
I just got back from the Holland School of Lapidary Arts and spent two weeks learning wire wrapping. My suggestion for patterns and detailed instructions is to visit jessiedonnan.com she has a set of instructions on wire wrapping and they are very good. Each volume contains both simple, medium and advanced projects, are well written and illistrated. Cost is $15.00 each and I have bought all of them.
If you live in the East, check out LapidarySchool.com. Fantastic place.
Posted By: JewelryArtist Re: Looking for wire wrap techniques - 09/26/08 10:36 PM
Matthew Nix has some great wire wrapping dvds. I've learned alot from him! Check out his tutorials at www.createapendant.com

Posted By: JewelryArtist Re: Looking for wire wrap techniques - 03/31/09 10:41 PM
If you like wire wrap rings... some instructional dvds at www.libertywireartworks.com
Posted By: mygemstonebox Re: Looking for wire wrap techniques - 03/31/09 11:33 PM
Hi!
You can rent instructional videos here... I've done it for Preston's DVD!!
http://smartflix.com/store/category/42/Jewelry-Making

© BellaOnline Forums