BellaOnline
After researching Bella Conception's latest article, When is the "Perfect" Time To Have A Baby?, I really started thinking about what other people take into consideration when making a decision like this.

I guess I've always wanted to be a mother and so when it was time to have a baby, I was totally ready. My husband did bring up things like money and the size of our house at the time, but all in all we just knew it was time.

What about you? Did you think about it long and hard? If so, what exactly where deciding factors for you?
I did not think about those things, I was a bit foolish. I just wanted the babies. However I have to say Five children later, It was the best decision I made.
As far as being sensible, If I could live my life again, I would want to make sure, more than anything else, I was emotionally ready. Money is a funny thing, You can lose a job anytime, so it is a hard one to pin down, but being ready emotionally is so important. An the father too, needs to be emotonally ready. Also to make sure both of you are going in the same direction, that both want kids now! I did not always take that into consideration, and it was costly for all concerned.
I decided it was the right time to have a baby when I wasn't staying pregnant. I had a miscarriage and then a year later I had an ectopic pregnancy and after that my husband and I just really wanted to have a baby. I don't think I would have emotionally been ready (well said Nicola) had I not had those problems first and realized how much I really wanted a baby.
© BellaOnline Forums