BellaOnline
Posted By: Connidee If I may, please..... - 09/18/09 12:23 PM
I would like to share a dream I had last night. I've never posted on the dream forum. Have been very active on the Native American Forum in the recent past; I guess it never occurred to me to post anywhere else.......old dog, new tricks thing, I guess.

anyway I would like to hear what folks have to offer about this; I have my theory.

Bright golden white light - 2 people; me and another - although I did not see who or get a feeling about who the other person was. Maybe me, too......my Spiritual me. I know I was outdoors and I was collecting pure white eagle tail feathers. The eagles were plucking them out themselves and placing them atop tall platforms (almost like burial platforms, but very clean of line and symmetric). I would climb high, high up to gather them - they were beautiful - perfectly shaped, perfectly straight strong white. I remember that even though I was outside a bright, BRIGHT golden white light was all around me and the platforms....as I picked each feather up I remember feeling so humble; like I wasn't worthy of touching it, but knew I was supposed to. After picking each one up, I'd hand it off to another person - the person I never saw. the only other thing I can remember is the number 12, so I'm assuming I gathered 12 of the tail feathers. But the eagles PUT them on the platforms and....like.....WAITED for me to pick them up.

thoughts?

thanks for hearing....er....reading
Conni
Posted By: Jane - Native American Re: If I may, please..... - 09/18/09 06:05 PM
Conni, I'm so jealous! Just once, can I please have a symbolic dream? It doesn't have to be as pretty and special as yours, plain would be fine:-)

My thoughts - you are trusted by the Old Ones with something very precious to be passed on. Eagle feathers are earned, even if they are only held for a moment and then shared. They represent purity and courage, worthiness. It seems you are both trusted and entrusted by the Ancestors. You must have received their faith and permission.

I don't know anything about numbers in dreams, but had two things come to mind.

12 is divisable by 4 and 3.
4 being sacred to Native Americans, i.e. the 4 directions
3 to Christians, the Holy Trinity.

or perhaps it's the simpler, 12 months.
Posted By: Connidee Re: If I may, please..... - 09/18/09 07:03 PM
Oh, ICP thank you so much for sharing your thoughts about this. What you say is beautiful and I am surely humbled by it.

Cecil is coming home in a couple more weeks and I'll discuss it with him too. I'll let you know what he says.

I trust you are doing well.
Posted By: Phyllis Doyle Burns Re: If I may, please..... - 09/18/09 07:20 PM
The number 12 could be very symbolic. As Icp stated, 12 is divisible by 4 and 3.

3 may symbolize the Holy Trinity or a perfect union of body, mind and soul.

4 may symbolize a square/stability and harmony with the four elements (Earth, Wind, Fire, Water); the Four Directions; the four seasons.

I agree with Icp that the Eagle giving you the feathers may mean you are being entrusted by the Old Ones.

The "other person" is more than likely your Spiritual Guide. The bright, golden white light is very spiritual; climbing very high up is symbolic of your Spirit traveling to higher dimensions.

I am anxious to know what Cecil thinks about this dream. It seems more like a Vision rather than a dream.
Posted By: Jane - Native American Re: If I may, please..... - 09/19/09 12:41 AM
Phyllis, you bring up a good point.
Dream.....Vision.....Visit
These all seem to happen most frequently while we sleep. The question, perhaps further explorable in another thread here -
How do we tell the difference?

Conni, when I read your post, I too considered this to be much more than a dream, more of a symbolic vision, maybe even a visit. Your description was so beautiful, as no doubt the dream, and very powerful (at least to me).

How did you "feel" when you woke up? Instantly wide awake, peaceful, groggy, unnerved, confused. When you woke did you notice anything unique, physically, emotionally, and/or mentally?

Maybe this can provide some clues.

Many years ago my husband experienced what could best be described as a "visit" from his Father. How he woke and what he felt immediately upon waking were very unique. That's why I ask.
Posted By: Connidee Re: If I may, please..... - 09/19/09 02:08 AM
How did I feel....well, I woke up as usual....not feeling or thinking of anything in particular. Made my coffee, fed the cats, pee'd the dog and headed for the garage to have my coffee.

As I approached the door I started to recall. I was still sleepy, but when I realized what was happening I became wide awake very quickly. By the time I'd stepped out onto the stoop it was all flooding back. I had to stop what I was doing and let it come into me so I wouldn't miss or forget anything. I didn't want to move because I was afraid of being distracted and I had to get it all back.

Who would have visited me? Spirit?
Posted By: Phyllis Doyle Burns Re: If I may, please..... - 09/19/09 02:32 AM
Originally Posted By: Connidee
By the time I'd stepped out onto the stoop it was all flooding back. I had to stop what I was doing and let it come into me so I wouldn't miss or forget anything. I didn't want to move because I was afraid of being distracted and I had to get it all back.

Who would have visited me? Spirit?

This is how I feel when I have a Vision. Usually though, I awake fully alert and the images and words linger awhile with me, long enough for me to write it down so I can meditate over it later. Visions leave me with a very peaceful and profound feeling of knowledge or insight.

Eagle flies higher than any other bird and takes messages to and from Great Spirit. This, to me, was obviously a message to you from Great Spirit or a Grandmother or Grandfather of the past. If it had happened to me, I would know what it meant - since it happened to you, Conni, you will find the answer within, probably with Cecil's wisdom and insight. The feathers, being perfect, straight and white is a very spiritual symbol.
Posted By: Elleise - Clairvoyance Re: If I may, please..... - 09/19/09 07:15 PM
Hi Connidee,

The first thing I felt more than read was a tumbling into spirit stuff, see? There was almost a barametric sensation I felt in my head right from the center of my forhead up into the crown. But, this pales in comparison from where it feels the dream births or is presented by. The place is beutiful, peaceful, loving, understanding, guiding and pure. It feels it comes from this place first and the crown follows (awareness on a different level on your part).

I had a dream I pm'd you about. They said to me, "Why are you stuck in the muck?" I responded, "Because I shut my abilities out." When I woke, I was like, "Are you sure it's me you're trying to get? I haven't shut my 'stuff' out in like decades." So I tabled it temporary.

When you pm'd me, you describe a feeling and your words were, "Stuck in the muck" exactly. That's what I meant by, "Oh, lol, it's you they were talking about." Definiately the cart before the horse as I hadn't read your dream or explained myself.

Anyway, they come to you in that you are ready and deserving and if nothing else see your part in this emerging spiritual movement as one that is necessary in teaching others that are on their way. They only call on the best! smile

Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Angel Therapy, Consultations & Workshops

Posted By: Connidee Re: If I may, please..... - 09/19/09 07:48 PM
Elleise,
Thank you so much.
How funny the way things happen!

I DO shut my abilities out; I've been told that before. I don't know how to stop doing it. A confidence thing? Yes, I'm sure it is. A 'why me....who am I' thing? Yes, I'm sure it is.

I don't know that I have anything to teach. I'm just learning, myself. All I know to do is to be patient and be loving. I do that on this plane.

How do I find out what they want me to do? Last night I took my Chanupa out and prayed for insight and to see and understand the answers when they are revealed. I don't know what else to do.
Posted By: Jane - Native American Re: If I may, please..... - 09/19/09 11:47 PM
Conni, Perhaps this dream is meant to clear out the "Why me...Who Am I" thing.

Why You - Only Grandfather knows
Who Am I - Only You know

Once that is accepted, you'll get to the part of "What am I suppose to do?" I'm willing to bet you will know, it will be crystal clear, when you get to that part.

Posted By: Wendy Tall One Re: If I may, please..... - 10/05/09 03:54 AM
For some, the #12 symbolizes creation and the divine mother.

I am also wondering, if because the eagle is the messenger to creator if you are not receiving the feathers directly from creator.

I generally do not mix Native and Xtian symbolism (but that is me) but there were 12 apostles.

Hercules had 12 missions.

Pure light is made up of 12 colors....the usual seven plus white, ultraviolet etc (this one made me sit up and pay attention in your case)

12 step programs such as AA....this one brings to mind if you have anything planned for a year from now. Perhaps you have complete something each month to achieve it?

Posted By: Wendy Tall One Re: If I may, please..... - 10/12/09 12:31 AM
Got a PM from Connidee because I don't visit often...I figured she wouldn't mind her Qs bout my post being posted here.

------------------------
"Hi Wendy. The reason I'm sending a pm is because it looks like you don't post very often and i'm hoping to get a chance to communicate with you about your post about the dream I posted about on the dream forum.

First of all, thanks for sharing your ideas. I'm really trying to figure out what all of it meant. I know the answers won't come from others, but from within myself but I'm still interested in others thoughts.

I'm curious about your statement about taking notice because of the relevance between light and the number 12. Would you mind explaining more in depth what you mean? And by the 'divine mother' I'm assuming you mean Mother Earth? I am very connected to the Earth. The only thing I can think of that I'll be doing in a year is attending Sundance. Maybe this dream is telling me I have a lot of 'work' to do before then.

Anyway....just wondered if you could give me a more in depth description of your ideas.....surely appreciate it!

Conni"
------------------

The light made me take notice because of how you described it so vividly in your dream and how meaningful it seemed to you. As for light and 12, there are 12 wavelengths in light. A wavelength - speed of light/frequency.

The 12 different wavelengths are : Cosmic rays, Gamma rays, X rays, Ultraviolet light, Visible light (including the colors we see), Infrared light, Radar, TV & FM Radio, Short wave Radio, AM Radio, Sound, and Subsonic. If you are counting, that was 12 types of wavelengths.

Color Wavelength

The divine mother is whomever you think she is, Mother Earth, Mother Mary, Hera, Gaia, Juno, Goddess, etc.

Now I do not know the reputability of this site, but it has the gist down...that there were/are 11 (the number for creation) energys, all culminating in the divine mother.
Paradigm

Also, there is something called the Mother Symbol, it is a flower with 12 petals.
The Mother

-----------
As for you and your 1 year until Sundance, and receiving 12 eagle feathers directly from the eagles, I would think that this may be symbolic of the months until your event. As many of us know a Sundance is a very important spiritual act, have you already decided who or what you are dancing for? Perhaps there are 12 things or people, or it will complete a full circle for you.

Only you and creator truly know.

Posted By: Connidee Re: If I may, please..... - 10/12/09 11:59 AM
Thanks, Wendy. Appreciate the feedback very much.
© BellaOnline Forums