BellaOnline
Posted By: theraven Dreaming about sharks - 11/05/12 04:34 PM
Hello everyone smile I have recently had a lot of dreams which have involved a shark and am wondering what it might mean. Sometimes, it is just me watching the shark swimming from the water's edge or I am in the water and it passes right by me. Any thoughts of this? Thanks.
Posted By: Lori-Dreams Re: Dreaming about sharks - 11/05/12 05:05 PM
Hi, Clare! Thank you for posting. I love your name, by the way. Clare.

Anyway, sharks serve important purposes in the cycle of ocean life, but because man typically views sharks as a predator, when they appear in dreams, they often represent perceived threats.

Are you feeling fear in your dream?

The good news is that 1. you are aware of any possible threat and are safely out of harm's way when you are not in the water; and 2. when you are in the water, the shark passes by you without attacking.

Shark dreams are quite common during stressful times. Maybe you are becoming aware of a potential predator in your waking life. Sometimes, this "predator" is an aspect of your own self that threatens your own well-being.

The thing about sharks is that they need and live in water. Water in dream symbolism represents your emotions. Don't let your emotions hold threats for you. Keep calm and level-headed, not overly emotional.

I hope this makes sense for you. Thanks for posting! smile
Posted By: theraven Re: Dreaming about sharks - 11/05/12 11:49 PM
Hi Lori, I really appreciate the reply. This explaination makes a lot of sense and when I've seen the shark, there hasn't been any fear despite it being a large Great White.

Posted By: Lori-Dreams Re: Dreaming about sharks - 11/05/12 11:53 PM
That's great news. You are aware of the threat but not fearful of it. That is terrific. Sounds like you'll be just fine--and safe! smile
Posted By: jenniechan Re: Dreaming about sharks - 11/06/12 06:33 AM
I also had a dream one week ago and I was playing with the sharks and they all were also playing with me. When I woke up and realized that it was just a dream.
Posted By: Lori-Dreams Re: Dreaming about sharks - 11/07/12 02:50 AM
jenniechan, this dream is interesting. Are you "playing" with potentially dangerous things in your waking life?
Posted By: jenniechan Re: Dreaming about sharks - 11/07/12 05:45 AM
No, even I am afraid of sharks, lizards, snakes etc.
Posted By: Lori-Dreams Re: Dreaming about sharks - 11/08/12 02:30 AM
I don't mean that you play with sharks, lizards, snakes and dangerous animals like that in your waking life. I meant metaphorically speaking.
Posted By: jenniechan Re: Dreaming about sharks - 11/08/12 05:21 AM
Ya, I am actually that kind of person.
© BellaOnline Forums