BellaOnline
Posted By: Vannie What's Your Favorite Quick and Easy Snack? - 05/27/11 02:58 PM
My fav. quick snack is cheese and crackers. Since, I usually have raisins in the house, I eat them as my dessert.
Posted By: .... Re: What's Your Favorite Quick and Easy Snack? - 05/27/11 03:46 PM
Frozen grapes! perfect to throw in a sandwich bag for when I'm on the go--especially as a quick pick-me-up in this heat!
My favourite snack is more sinful - potato chips or prawn crackers. Oh dear, it's almost midnight - and I feel like reaching for either, just mentioning them!
Posted By: .... Re: What's Your Favorite Quick and Easy Snack? - 05/27/11 03:55 PM
almost midnight? are you in new zealand or australia? it's almost noon here on the east coast, US.
great_grandaughter, I keep promising myself that I will freeze grapes. I just saw it in a movie a couple of years ago. Sadly, I buy grapes and eat them almost immediately. blush

Lynsaf, what are prawn crackers?? I have not heard of these.
Posted By: .... Re: What's Your Favorite Quick and Easy Snack? - 05/27/11 07:30 PM
Originally Posted By: Vannie
great_grandaughter, I keep promising myself that I will freeze grapes. I just saw it in a movie a couple of years ago. Sadly, I buy grapes and eat them almost immediately. blush

hahahaaaa! I still have the same problem so I outsmarted myself! I get 2 bunches of grapes! I buy one bunch of green to throw in the freezer asap, then the 2nd bunch are the red, juicy round things I just munch all day and night! Nice to meet another grape addict!
Posted By: pzwt Re: What's Your Favorite Quick and Easy Snack? - 07/29/11 01:46 AM
banana, when I buy a bunch of banana, I can eat them all up in a short time.
pzwt, you are like my friend, she buys bananas every week.
French Fries
Yep, French fries are always good. Not fond of the skinny ones though ;-)
My favourite snack is more sinful - potato chips or prawn crackers. Oh dear, it's almost midnight - and I feel like reaching for either, just mentioning them!
Srivastava, I have never had prawn crackers. Are they thin like water crackers? slightly saltly? Admit to being curious smile

Posted By: AmyR Re: What's Your Favorite Quick and Easy Snack? - 03/25/13 08:42 AM
watermelon
At our local Asian market we have these puffy chips that are made from shrimp--HIGHLY addictive! Are those what you mean by prawn crackers? These are made from tapioca flour and shrimp. They come in a variety of flavors. They are called Marco Polo Shrimp Snacks.
Connie I looked up prawn crackers and see they are made with tapioca flour as you said. I remember eating a puffy cracker type snack but can't remember what it was, most likely the same that is being mentioned. I just remember they were quite good and had an airiness when biting down.
I love white uncooked potatoes fried in either vegetable oil, butter or both. This is also my favorite food when I'm sick.

I also like roasted peanuts (spent years without being able to eat some..im allergic to nuts and almost all peanuts can countain nuts), sunflower seeds (love the salted kernels...finally found a company that sells them without nuts but not long after they stopped selling it in my province...at least the in shells are still sold...found a seller on Amazon Canada not too long ago and by luck last night i also found out they sell some without nuts...that will be better than to suck the salt and put the seeds 1 by 1 in a bowl then add salt...been thinking of adding melted butter with them and peanuts too...that should be good).

Milk chocolate is awesome. Skittles too (originals are the best). I like chips too, my favorite flavor is salt and vinegar. Ice cream is nice too.
Nancy, when I was child my mom use to make thinly sliced white potatoes and cook them in a pot of oil as a snack. There were six of us, we called them potato chips--they were mighty tasty.
I love french fries and potato chips.....
Not one, but I have 4-5 favourite snacks that can be quickly prepared. These are Mexican taco, Mexican rolls, Italian press, Mexican sausage and eggs. These all snacks are easy to prepare and yummy to eat with any spicy salsa. I am American but I still love to eat these Mexican snacks every time I get a chance or get some free time to prepare them for myself.
I try to stay reasonably healthy with my snacks - I find if I eat junk food that I tend to lose energy and get sluggy. So normally I have either slices of cheese or edamame with garlic :).
© BellaOnline Forums