BellaOnline

A very warm welcome to the Self Development Forum.

I recently re-read �The Alchemist� which was written over two decades ago. As you may already know it�s a wonderful novel about a young man who goes in search of treasure and embarks on an incredible journey of self-discovery and love.

What is really lovely about the story is that it can be read on many different levels and is a great read for all age-groups, e.g:

* For children - as a bedtime story
* For teens - as an introduction to self-development
* For adults - as a way to resurrect your childhood dreams
(and to show you that there is still time to follow your true destiny whatever your business, professional or social life!)

If you have already read it, do dig it out again and re-read it with fresh eyes. You can read my review on it here:

http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art41576.asp/zzz

I'd love to receive your feedback so do add your thoughts, queries, comments, etc., to this Forum thread. I look forward to hearing from you!

Dr JOY Madden, Self Development Editor
Self Development Website
Self Development Forum
one of my all time favorite books!
Originally Posted By: spidrprncs
one of my all time favorite books!
Hi Lisa, many thanks for your feedback. Do you see yourself as one of the characters in The Alchemist? (JOY)
I have to admit - I haven't read the book in several years now - though I've read it a few times throughout the years.....

I love the whole idea of alchemy and turning nothing into something.... Rather than relating to one specific character, the entire book probably impacted the way I view life. If we don't transform the "bad things", we remain stuck. The only way to move forward is to transform the "bad things" into something 'positive'.
Originally Posted By: spidrprncs
...the entire book probably impacted the way I view life...
Hi Lisa, I agree. It's wonderful when a little book like that can have such a dramatic effect on one's life. (JOY)
I recently wrote this review on The Alchemist but then accidentally 'locked' the topic on this Forum! This is just a note to let you know that I've managed to undo that now.

(�The Alchemist� is a wonderful story about a young man who goes in search of treasure and embarks on an incredible journey of self-discovery and love) JOY
© BellaOnline Forums