BellaOnline
Posted By: hollyelise Today i am grateful for... - 05/22/07 02:28 AM
"When we learn to give thanks, we are learning to
concentrate not on the bad things, but on the good things."
-Amy Vanderbilt

Today i am grateful for my improving health... not that i was in bad health before, but the last week i've been taking long walks every day and careful that i am eating healthy food, and i'm finding now my heart is stronger, i've much more energy, and i've even lost a few pounds! smile

Today I'm also grateful for the beauty of nature, and the sense of peace and strength it gives me.

Today i'm also grateful for the warmth i feel in the voices of people who talk to me online and in person. Their strength and goodness inspires me.

How about you... what are you grateful for today?
Posted By: das Re: Today i am grateful for... - 05/22/07 08:32 AM
I am grateful for a cup of tea.
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 05/22/07 06:42 PM
hhaha laugh Yes, tea is wonderful! It's so simple, and yet gives so much. smile
Posted By: babyquacker Re: Today i am grateful for... - 05/23/07 01:12 AM
I am grateful for my virtual friends at Bella who speak with a gentleness and kindness that makes you feel welcome.

Trish

P.S. Das, how is CDM? I am grateful to know that you are his friend and can keep us posted.
Posted By: das Re: Today i am grateful for... - 05/23/07 05:27 AM
Trish, Thanks for asking. He continues to have health problems.
He is not active as yet.
Posted By: das Re: Today i am grateful for... - 05/23/07 05:28 AM
Originally Posted By: hollyelise
hhaha laugh Yes, tea is wonderful! It's so simple, and yet gives so much. smile

I do not know if you can get Darjeeling tea there. That is heavenly.
Posted By: das Re: Today i am grateful for... - 05/23/07 05:29 AM
Originally Posted By: babyquacker
I am grateful for my virtual friends at Bella who speak with a gentleness and kindness that makes you feel welcome.

Trish

P.S. Das, how is CDM? I am grateful to know that you are his friend and can keep us posted.

I am grateful for people like Trish, who are so loving.
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 05/23/07 01:13 PM
That is beautiful! laugh

...and yes, i've had Darjeeling here... Twinings is one company that imports it, and i can get it at the little shop next to where i work. smile My neighbor Pradnya makes it with a little fresh grated ginger, and just a little sweetness and milk... i'm not sure exactly how she makes it but it's certainly heavenly. She has a lovely tiny back yard, with trees and ivy, cool flagstones a simple little fountain that her husband built for her. It's a great place to be on a hot day and enjoy tea! smile
I'm grateful for holding my children's hands.

I was walking into a store today with my little one (4) and realized I wasn't just holding onto him, he had his little fingers wrapped around mine. Plus my 9 year old daughter still likes to hold my hand, too. Even at the mall! laugh
Posted By: babyquacker Re: Today i am grateful for... - 05/23/07 06:19 PM
I am grateful for my husband who is doing lots of "honeydo" chores around the house, like painting the exterior doors and windows. He is such a great influence to start spring cleaning, since I wanted to clean them first. wink

Trish
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 05/24/07 02:56 AM
i love it... other people's "happy thoughts" become mine too! smile
Posted By: das Re: Today i am grateful for... - 05/24/07 04:47 AM
Originally Posted By: Harmony
I'm grateful for holding my children's hands.

I was walking into a store today with my little one (4) and realized I wasn't just holding onto him, he had his little fingers wrapped around mine. Plus my 9 year old daughter still likes to hold my hand, too. Even at the mall! laugh

that is beautiful.
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 05/24/07 02:36 PM
Today i am grateful for... friends who care about me. Life going on as usual. Making fresh bread... the process, smell and sharing it with friends.
Posted By: MadamPeachy Re: Today i am grateful for... - 05/24/07 02:50 PM
Today I'm grateful for my sister letting me borrow her car while mine is getting serviced. smile
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 05/27/07 07:04 AM
Peachy, did you get your car running again yet? smile

Today i am grateful for sweet cherries!

and for the movie Pleasantville, which reminds me that life is not supposed to be any particular way (and i shouldn't have rigid expectations) smile

and for my cat, Fisher... who came to me "a troubled youth" a few months ago but who has learned not to bite, and is becoming affectionate and a good companion.... funny, too! laugh
Posted By: das Re: Today i am grateful for... - 05/28/07 04:23 AM
Today i am grateful for meeting Holly on this forum.
Posted By: lala21 Re: Today i am grateful for... - 05/28/07 04:52 AM
I agree das, Holly is great to talk to and that is one thing I am grateful for.

I am also grateful for the wonderful dinner the inlaws prepared for us this evening. It was delicious! Ribs, wild rice, corn, and chocolate cake with fresh strawberries! mmmm smile

I am grateful for my life, and for being able to make some positive changes in my life, and to those who have helped, and are helping me along the way.
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 05/28/07 03:12 PM
awww, thank you! laugh

i'm very grateful for meeting the two of you as well, and several others here at Bella! smile
Posted By: babyquacker Re: Today i am grateful for... - 05/28/07 08:25 PM
Today I am grateful for all our veterans, those serving and those who have served to keep our country free. I pray for all those who have lost a family member in a war. I am grateful to have shared Memorial Day with friends at a Veteran's cemetery service celebrating this day of rememberance and being able to add flowers there to my father's grave. smile

Trish
Great Teachers.

We just finished up the school year, and I am going to miss Jordan's 4th grade teacher so much! He is one of those rare finds that truly cares about the kids and makes learning fun.

Parents are already fighting over him for next year, LOL!
Posted By: das Re: Today i am grateful for... - 05/29/07 05:09 AM
I am grateful for my sleep yesterday.
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 05/29/07 06:38 AM
those are all wonderful things!

I am grateful for my dad... (who is also a war veteran... WWII Naval pilot)... I'm thankful for his love for me and his doing the best he could. I'm thankful that i have such an unique father.
Posted By: das Re: Today i am grateful for... - 05/29/07 12:08 PM
Yes. He also has a unique daughter in you.
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 05/29/07 06:41 PM
Yes, i'm afraid it's too late to hope for any normalcy. laugh laugh laugh

Today i am grateful for das... who is very kind and who sometimes makes me laugh!
Posted By: babyquacker Re: Today i am grateful for... - 05/29/07 07:01 PM
Today I am grateful for ALL of you who make me smile when I read your posts, smile and all the gentleness, kindness, advice and peace that each of you share!

Trish
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 05/29/07 07:38 PM
Likewise, Trish! I enjoy your company, too.

I don't know how this place came into being, but certainly a few good souls like Mr. Mohatta and Barbara Sloan have inspired and guided the rest of us in this community, and i think we're very lucky to have such a place. Everyone has "joined the program" i think, and gives back some of the gentleness and kindness we have received... and this has made a wonderful community. Sort of a lesson for life, don't you think? smile
Posted By: babyquacker Re: Today i am grateful for... - 05/29/07 08:47 PM
Yes, I agree, Hollyelise! My father always said to "smile and the world smiles with you!". I definitely believe in the power of positive thinking and saying what I am grateful for reminds me of the song "Count Your Blessings". Do you know it? It goes: Count your blessings, name them one by one. Count your many blessings, see what God has done... laugh

Listening to everyone here reminds me to live it and share it! You are right; it has become a wonderful community! smile

Trish

Posted By: babyquacker Re: Today i am grateful for... - 05/29/07 08:55 PM
By the way, I am also grateful today for my parents, who did everything in their power to make my world rock and did the best they could while they taught me about life, love, family and friends. wink

Trish
Posted By: das Re: Today i am grateful for... - 05/30/07 04:34 AM

Today i am grateful for das... who is very kind and who sometimes makes me laugh!

Holly, can we define a normal human being?
Posted By: das Re: Today i am grateful for... - 05/30/07 04:35 AM
Today I am grateful for being able to sit and work on my PC.
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 05/30/07 05:09 AM
Originally Posted By: das

Holly, can we define a normal human being?

Well, don't look at me!!!!! laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 05/30/07 05:30 AM
Tonight i am extremely grateful, for i saw two beautiful and rare things!

I took my walk on the nature trail later than usual, and didn't turn around to come home until the sun had just set but it was still light out. There is a portion where the trail is interrupted by a road, and i was on that portion when i saw in front of me a stoat pop out of the woods! They are of the weasle family, and i think endangered. They are almost never seen... much more rare i'd say than seeing a shooting star! I only saw it for a brief moment because when it saw me it darted back to where it came. But it was mottled both white and brown... their winter coat is white and it was losing it and turning brown. He looked kind of like this guy here:BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Posted By: babyquacker Re: Today i am grateful for... - 05/30/07 06:30 AM
Tonight I am grateful for my mama duck and her papa who came for a swim in our pool. On 4/28/04 I joined Bella to ask questions about Mallards because I had a pair nesting in my front flower bed. That is how I came up with the name I use on this site! wink Anyway, the pair started swimming on our pool cover about 2 weeks ago and 1 week ago, I noticed a BIG hole behind my rosebush in my front flower bed!

For the next few days, I kept watching but I didn't see anything happening. Then I got up for school one morning at 6:45 and as I left, she was on the nest! When I came home, however, she was gone. She had laid an egg and tried to cover it with mulch! laugh I didn't want to disturb her or scare her off while she was settling in, so I left everything alone. After a few days, I looked again and she had a couple! I gathered a double hand full of oak spirals, dry leaves and rose petals and put a pile in front of her nest, under the rose bush.

The next morning, she was back on the nest and in the afternoon, she was gone again, but she had used ALL the stuff I had left for her. smile Every day for about week, this was going on and one day when I came home from school, I used my pencil to move the coverings and saw she had about 8 or 9! laugh I covered the eggs again and added some more covering stuff, including the drying tops of my bulbs. The next morning she was back on the nest and THIS time, she had the drying stem tops of the bulbs across everything, like a moses basket. It was so cute!!

Well, that was last week and within a few days, she started spending more and more hours each day on the nest until Thursday she spent all day until about 5 P.M. Friday A.M. I went to school at 6:30 and she was on the nest and when I came home at 2 P.M., my son, then my husband BOTH said she was "panting" because the sun was beating right on her after noon. I got a bowl and filled it with water and put it out for her. She kinda "hissed" at me and slowly moved off the nest closer to the rose bush while I slowly put the water down, but then she drank some.

The next morning we went to the store and bought a 4 ft. evergreen tree in a bucket and placed it beside the rose bush to give her shade between noon and 3 P.M. When we came in at 1:30 it wasn't close enough to her in the north so we had to move it about 5 inches and now she is perfectly in the shade! laugh The last time she nested (last year), she used the flower bed on the other side of the porch which is completely shaded by the BIG 80FT tree. I'm not sure why she changed, except that I can see her better.

So, to bring it up to today...She has been nesting 6 or 7 days, slipping away for 1-2 hours each evening for a quick swim and a bite to eat. Tonight she met her mate HERE and swam, back where it ALL BEGAN. (how funny!) I took pictures of them in the pool and I will get pictures of her on the nest and the babies as they hatch.

Isn't that cool? What will tomorrow bring? Have fun! wink

Trish
Posted By: das Re: Today i am grateful for... - 05/30/07 10:54 AM
Trish,

These birds must be loving you for all you do. Lovely.
Posted By: babyquacker Re: Today i am grateful for... - 05/31/07 12:28 AM
Today I am grateful that my doctor appointment went well! I am grateful that the skies are blue and the birds are singing! laugh

Trish

P.S. Papa Duck brought 2 of his friends and all 3 males were swimming in the pool this AM. Too much duck poop, frown so my hubby said only the female now has permission. wink
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 05/31/07 12:36 AM
hahah. I'm glad you doctor's appointment went well today, Trish.

Posted By: patience Re: Today i am grateful for... - 05/31/07 03:40 AM
I am grateful today, and every day, for my three wonderful dogs who saved my life in 2002.

Thanks kids!

patience.
Posted By: das Re: Today i am grateful for... - 05/31/07 03:43 AM
Lovely dogs, patience.
The beautiful beach at Destin.

We are on vacation down here (yeah I know, I'm on the computer still...). We checked into our hotel and headed straight out to the beach - it is gorgeous!

And it is so fun watching the kids play, especially the 4 yr old, because he's never been to the ocean.
Posted By: das Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/01/07 06:17 AM
I am disturbed today. I feel that i am alone. I had posted about code of conduct and thought that I would get some feedback from others. But ?

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Posted By: das Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/01/07 02:09 PM
After knowing more about patience I am grateful to her to show me what fighting spirit can be. She is becoming my role model.
Posted By: Karenlim Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/01/07 02:45 PM
Attitude for gratitude has changed my relationship with my husband

Hear my story here:-
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/01/07 11:40 PM
[quote=das]I am disturbed today. I feel that i am alone. I had posted about code of conduct and thought that I would get some feedback from others. But ?

Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/01/07 11:50 PM
Oh! I almost forgot! laugh

Someone sent this to me by email more than a year ago, and i have it posted above my computer:

Tequila and Salt

This should probably be taped to your bathroom mirror where one could read it every day. You may not realize it, but it's 100% true.

1. There are at least two people in this world that you would die for.

2. At least 15 people in this world love you in some way.

3. The only reason anyone would ever hate you is because they want to be just like you. (I'm not sure on this one.)

4. A smile from you can bring happiness to anyone, even if they don't like you.

5. Every night, SOMEONE thinks about you before they go to sleep.

6. You mean the world to someone.

7. You are special and unique.

8. Someone that you don't even know exists loves you.

9. When you make the biggest mistake ever, something good comes from it.

10. When you think the world has turned its back on you take another look.

11. Always remember the compliments you received. Forget about the rude remarks.

And always remember.... the person who sent you this cares about you. And when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over! laugh
Posted By: anndidetal Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/02/07 05:10 AM
I am grateful for the indomitable spirit of PATIENCE, our 'Main' - who kept this body alive and this heart forever loving and hopeful throughout 68 years of hell.
Posted By: das Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/02/07 07:56 AM
Originally Posted By: anndidetal
I am grateful for the indomitable spirit of PATIENCE, our 'Main' - who kept this body alive and this heart forever loving and hopeful throughout 68 years of hell.

I know the meaning of the hell you talk about. I live in that.
Posted By: das Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/02/07 07:58 AM
[quote=hollyelise][quote=das]I am disturbed today. I feel that i am alone. I had posted about code of conduct and thought that I would get some feedback from others. But ?

Posted By: babyquacker Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/03/07 03:23 AM
I am grateful for Patience who is brave enough to share Percy and Ann with us. I am grateful that Percy and Ann are there to take care of Patience when she needs a little help. I am grateful for the 3 wonderful dog friends that saved Patience's life in 2002! smile (I pray that your toe feels better soon!)

I am grateful for Das for reminding us of how fragile life is and how important it is for us to be careful with what we say and how we say it. I am grateful for the kindness and gentleness that Das shares with his friends. (I pray that you are not disturbed now and are happy and peaceful.) smile

I am grateful for Holly who gives us such insightful thoughts that make us all feel better. I am grateful for the lightness and fun that Holly brings to this site. (Especially the Tequila and Salt) It is a wonderful reminder for each of us, EVERY DAY! wink (I pray that God gives you continued good health, happiness and peace!) smile

Trish
Posted By: babyquacker Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/03/07 03:26 AM
Also, I am grateful for all the different personalities and point of views that are expressed by Michelle (BellaHarmony), Barbara, Alexandra and CDM. It makes a great group! laugh

Trish
Posted By: anndidetal Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/03/07 05:09 AM
I am so grateful today for all the loving compassion shown by so many. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart.
I am also grateful for the desire shown on the Spirituality forum today to gain a better understanding of DID/MPD.

I am grateful for the support given to Patience (who is doing very well) and for the loving support given to Das. And Das, I am grateful for your presence in my life.

With love to all,

Ann.
Posted By: anndidetal Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/03/07 12:17 PM
Today is a sad one in our house. The beautiful mother of two of our dogs died from cancer.

But I am so grateful to this sweet lady (dog) because she gave us two wonderful companions. They inherited her beautiful nature, and as I mentioned once before, they, and our third little one, saved this sick body in 2002.

I hope you won't mind if I tell you how that happened, but I do so now in tribute to Susie.

For some time the body had been ailing and no tests revealed the cause of the trouble. Then, one day, Patience collapsed on the dining room floor. The body could not move and breathing was difficult because she fell face down into the carpet.

Those wonderful dogs ran to her and began to push and roll her until she was on her side. Licking her face, they 'brought her around' and then continued to push her until she was able to crawl to the telephone. She was able to dial our emergency number and help came.

She was rushed to hospital where she fought for life. Doctors said later, that if it had not been for the dogs, she would have died. (the cause was Idiopathic Auto Immune Haemalytic Anaemia)

So today I am grateful to those dear dogs, and to Susie, the mother of two of them, and to the lady who bred them and chose us to be their owners.

Please send loving thoughts to that lady today, because she is in deep grief at the sudden death of her beloved pet.

With deep gratitude,

Ann, Patience, Percy and all of us.
Posted By: das Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/03/07 01:09 PM
May peace be with Susie.
Posted By: das Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/03/07 01:10 PM
I am grateful to my children for taking my care.
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/03/07 03:30 PM
I am very sorry for your loss. You do indeed, have wonderful dogs. I am sure they have loved you for very good reason. Susie has given much to this world.
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/03/07 03:41 PM
Today my cat Fisher and i are stuck indoors. The forecast of 60% chance of rain has turned out to be 100% chance 100% of the time. hahaha laugh

I don't mind so much. The earth needs the rain here and it has led to a relaxing day indoors with good books. Fisher was just imagining himself the wild tiger bringing down the fighting ram... (i have a soft bauble on the end of an elastic cord attached to a pole laugh ) It was fun watching him give it so much focus and attack it so powerfully. But he's tuckered out now and taking a happy snooze on the windowsill where the fresh air is coming in.
Posted By: babyquacker Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/04/07 02:46 AM
I am very sorry for the loss of Susie. It is very hard to lose a faithful, loving friend. I am so glad that you have part of her around with her temperment to still keep you company and look after you.

I am grateful for the rain we have had all day that started out softly yesterday and continued all day today, at times harder with thunder. Our area has been unusually dry for the last 4 months and we can sure use this wonderful rain.

Today the baby ducks hatched and I am grateful that all 12 made it out of their nest in my flower bed to the beach with their mama. The rain must have been a blessing to use as a decoy for mama duck to be able to have them follow for the few blocks. smile

Trish
I also am extremely grateful for the rain. It is going to make a huge difference in the fires being foiught near us (relatively) in middle Georgia.

I'am thankful that it will make fightuing the fires easier, bt also that it will bring some relief to the brve men and womne out there doing battle with this "beast". Heat stroke and hea exhaustion are so commin among out firefighters, I pray this rain will help not only physically but mentlly as well.
Posted By: das Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/04/07 04:52 AM
Raindrops feel so good on the body.
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/04/07 04:15 PM
Today it is more clear, so i think i'll be able to go for my long walk today! This morning i'm learning about modular knitting so i can teach it, and that's fun. And i'm looking forward to getting some things done and off my "to do" list!
Posted By: anndidetal Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/05/07 03:36 AM
I am grateful today for the friend who called in unexpectedly to see me. I am also grateful for all the loving thoughts expressed for Susie and her owner.

Ann.
Posted By: babyquacker Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/06/07 02:53 AM
I am grateful that loving thoughts for the loss of a dear friend, Susie and wishes for peace for her loving owner made others feel happiness, peace and gratitude.

I am grateful for the children who take of Das and grateful for all those who love us and care for us.

I am grateful for the rain we have had so the flowers will grow, the animals will thrive and the fires can be doused.

Trish
Posted By: anndidetal Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/06/07 03:36 AM
Oh, rain, Glorious RAIN!

I am SO, SO grateful for the rain that is falling today. We are having the worst drought on record, with strict water restrictions ( no hosing, no washing cars, restricted showers and the lot!) and our dams are almost empty.

This rain, they say, is not nearly enough to make a difference, but at least it is bathing the earth with its nourishment and the plants that were dying in my garden are lifting their heads in appreciation.

Indeed something to be grateful for!

Ann.
Posted By: lala21 Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/06/07 06:25 AM
I am grateful for yet another day smoke free, and for all the support I've received from all you wonderful people here on Bella!
Posted By: anndidetal Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/06/07 07:40 AM
Good on you Lala! You are doing so well. I'm sending you lots of positive thoughts to help.

Ann
Posted By: babyquacker Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/06/07 09:53 PM
Today I am grateful for the beautiful weather; blue skies, bright sun to dry up all my water logged plants and gentle breezes to keep the humidity away.

Today I am grateful for all the birds singing and flying to feed their babies who have hatched and are chirping and learning to fly.

It is a glorious day the Lord has made! smile Let us rejoice and be glad!

Trish
Yayyy Lala!

My dad just quit smoking as well, and he said he's amazed by all the things he can smell now that he never noticed before!

Speaking of which, I just got this gorgeous catalog of roses, and I'm trying to figure out where I want to start. I want them all!!!!! So I'm grateful for beautiful flowers that cheer me up. laugh
Posted By: anndidetal Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/08/07 12:32 PM
Today I am so grateful for 24 hours without physical pain. I am also grateful for the cooler weather, which always seems to be kinder to my spine than our Summer weather.

Ann.
Posted By: das Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/08/07 12:36 PM
Today i am grateful for life.
I am at least alive.
Posted By: anndidetal Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/08/07 02:03 PM
And Das, I am grateful that I have you in my life!

Kerryanne.
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/08/07 10:28 PM
Yes, das, and i'm grateful you are alive, TOOOOOO!!!! laugh

BellaHarmony, have you decided yet which roses you are going to get? I like heirloom roses that smell so lovely!!!!!!!! I can't grow them worth a darn. I keep trying with miniatures, though. But i remember my mother's lovely rose vines with pale pink roses draped over a gazebo. I guess they are awfully old-fashioned now, but I liked to sit on one of the seats when the flowers were in bloom. smile
Posted By: babyquacker Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/08/07 11:46 PM
I am grateful that Ann has been pain free for 24 hours and hope there is more! smile

I am grateful for life, too, and also for Das! laugh

I am grateful for Holly reminding us such a wonderful, beautiful picturesque setting of sweet smelling roses for Michelle. ')

Trish
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/13/07 03:55 AM
Today i am so grateful for my friend Jonathan, who is always there. And who cares for me as i am, on my good days or bad days, it little matters. smile
Posted By: das Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/13/07 05:04 AM
Trish, Holly is a nature lover.

I am grateful for the hot cup of tea I got in the morning.
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/13/07 01:20 PM
Today i'm greatful for my friend Megan, who helped me last night to look forwards to the future, instead of backwards to the past.
Posted By: das Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/13/07 01:22 PM
today i am grateful to God.
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/17/07 05:31 AM
Today on my walk, i saw two Saw-whet Owls! They are very small, and one kept flying over me and talking. They are tiny for owls... just 7" long. They are a threatened species, even more now as bird flu is hitting the owls particularly... so this was very heartening!

Funny, i don't identify myself as a "nature-lover." I just walk. But i've walked this path for years now and i know it, and i know the flowers and birds and animals... and it always seems special to see something i rarely see, or in this case, have never seen before.
Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/17/07 05:35 AM
Enjoy yourself. Does your cat come with you for walk?
I do not know habits of cats.
We had a dog. A lovely Cocker Spaniel.
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/17/07 05:40 AM
Cats are not distance animals, and i walk 6 miles.

I used to have a Brittany Spaniel. smile Spaniels are lovely dogs.
Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/17/07 06:00 AM
Yes. My dog was very cute.
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/17/07 06:06 AM
CD, here is the difference between a dog and a cat.

A dog will think, "They feed me!!! They pet me!!! They take me out for walks!!! They give me a nice place to sleep!!! The play with me!!! They must be GODS!!!"

A cat will think, " "They feed me!!! They pet me!!! They take me out for walks!!! They give me a nice place to sleep!!! The play with me!!! I must be GOD!!!"

laugh
Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/17/07 06:09 AM
laugh laugh
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/17/07 07:42 AM
Thank you, cd, for being here... for being smart, and wise, and funny, and caring. smile

i'm going to try to sleep now.
Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/17/07 07:52 AM
Yes.
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/17/07 12:43 PM
this morning i'm grateful that my cat's behavior has improved so much in the 6 months he has been here. i took him "off the hands" of some people who loved cats (they had rescued 10) but found him to be a problem... in particular, he was very aggressive. In the first two months i received many serious bites (he'd bite hard, but worse lock on with his teeth and claws as well and it'd take some doing to pry him off), but i've worked with him carefully and steadily these months and he's learned "the rules" and no longer bites like that. And we've found several games we can play together, and though he's not a cuddly lap cat yet, he is affectionate towards me, and he's starting to come around to cuddling. He has turned into a good companion who only nips lightly on occassion, and that is getting less and less as he learns to trust me more and learn to be gentle.

I'm grateful because though it takes a lot of work, it's well worth it to rehabilitate a rescue animal, even one who's had problems, or maybe particularly one who's had problems. The satisfaction and bond you get in the end, i think, is better. I almost gave up on Fisher that first month! So to see him respond so well makes me grateful indeed.
Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/17/07 12:47 PM
Today I feel grateful to Bellaonline because it gives me a place to vent my wounded feelings.
Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/17/07 12:49 PM
Holly, you are very compassionate.
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/21/07 07:28 AM
thank you.

Today a friend of mine, her mother and i went to a Strawberry Festival. It was sponsored by a Rotary group to raise funds for children's charities... such as wiping out iodine deficiency world wide.

There were quite a few hundred people there. Two of my other friends were volunteering at the festival, one of them was grilling the hamburgers and the other was selling the chocolate covered strawberries she had made. There was also the main feature... strawberry shortcake. They served huge plates of the stuff... two shortcakes, two scoops of ice cream, and ladles of fresh strawberry sauce. There was live music and the "balloon man" came by our table and made me a rocking horse out of 3 long baloons. laugh He must have thought i was 6. I can see where people might get confused. laugh
Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/21/07 11:56 AM
You must have enjoyed. Good.
Posted By: Alexandra Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/21/07 12:04 PM
Today I am grateful for the wonderful feel of deep breathing... The fresh air as it absolutely fills my lungs chocablock, and then whooshes out and the process starts all over again... Countless times we breathe in, and breathe out, and are never, but never aware of how such a fundamentally vital and reflexive unconscious action, keeps us alive - !!
Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/21/07 12:11 PM
Today I am grateful to God for giving me such lovely friends and children and mother and much more.
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/21/07 06:32 PM
Today i am grateful for this thread and the contributions of others, that makes me smile and feel good! smile
Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/22/07 06:28 AM
Holly, you could not think of something?
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/22/07 06:59 AM
That was something... it makes me smile and feel good to read the posts of what others are grateful for, and know that they were happy, or at least pleased. I had other reasons to be grateful yesterday, too.

Tonight i am tired, but i am relaxed. Class was very good today... busy... they kept me hopping. But they were all very happy, and we sang Happy Birthday to one of my students. And we called by telephone a student who has been travelling across country, and the 7 of us talked to her on speakerphone, from thousands of miles away. smile

I am sometimes a little uncomfortable these days, but i recognize it is growth, and i'm very grateful for that, and not so uncomfortable that i'm not appreciating many things in my day. I also appreciate that people have been kind to me, even when i've been a bit thorny. smile
Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/22/07 07:13 AM
You are becoming philosophical.
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/22/07 07:47 AM
Uh-oh. That doesn't sound good. smile
Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/22/07 08:17 AM
Why philosophy is bad?
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/22/07 05:43 PM
hahhaa laugh

What are you grateful for today, cd?
Posted By: babyquacker Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/22/07 11:22 PM
Today I am grateful that God gave me patience, tolerance, understanding and love and has taught me to be forgiving. I am grateful for all God's gifts.

Trish
Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/23/07 04:20 AM
I am grateful to have met you and Trish.
Posted By: babyquacker Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/24/07 01:46 AM
I am grateful for YOU and Holly, Chris and Lala, too! wink

Trish
Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/24/07 05:22 AM
Yes. i also enjoy talking with Chris and Lala.
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/26/07 07:02 PM
I am grateful for friends.... !!!! I know i've said that before, but i can't say it enough. It makes such a difference in my life... caring, ideas, companionship, all of it.

Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/27/07 05:35 AM
I am grateful for my mom.
Posted By: cute_boriqua Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/27/07 01:59 PM
Today and everyday I am grateful for my kids and family.
Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/28/07 04:52 AM
Today I am grateful for the rain.
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/28/07 05:01 AM
smile We had rain, too! And i was going to say the same thing... it's been so dry here and we had some lovely storms this evening.

I'm also glad i have my internet at home again, so now i will have more time online, and can get on when i'm awake at night. smile
Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/28/07 05:22 AM
Is that good?
When you had no net at home some days back, were you sleeping early?
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/28/07 05:54 AM
No i was not. One night i had no sleep at all, but went out at dawn for my long walk before the day got hot and that was nice to watch the sunrise, and see the patterns of nature in the early a.m. (we just had our longest day of the year). Two other nights i moved downstairs to the couch, turned off the lights and left the television on... which i don't like to do, but will in a pinch because sometimes the voices on the tv helps lull me. I think it's just the feeling of people around that calms me. But i didn't fall asleep until very late and couldn't stay asleep long enough. This is just a jag... they never last forever. Not to worry.
Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/28/07 06:02 AM
Is loneliness a part of the sleep problem?
Posted By: MettaMaid Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/28/07 08:00 AM
Gratitude is often ignored by many, because we forget to be thankful.
I am grateful to my parents for the gift of life, and am grateful for the food I eat and all those responsible in the long chain bringing it from its origin to my plate.
Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/28/07 08:08 AM
yes. Gratitude is imp.
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/28/07 06:51 PM
Originally Posted By: cdmohatta
Is loneliness a part of the sleep problem?

No, i think it's more primal than that. This year i've heard several new mothers say how a baby will fuss a lot less, feel more secure and be happier the more physical contact they have in their first year... they're talking about touch and closeness. The trend now is going back to keeping the baby close to the parents... a basinette within arm's reach of the parents' bed or a basket on the bed while they sleep... and using "snugglies" which are slings or papoose-like things to have the baby against the parent during much of the day. I think the evidence that this works is quite clear. The babies are happier and more easy-going. Interesting how "modern science" of the last century is reversing itself in many cases, and finding the wealth of wisdom that was in indigenous cultures.

Your question reminded me of when i was a little girl and i got a puppy. My mom didn't want the puppy sleeping with me, which of course was what i wanted. smile But the puppy was young and would whine endlessly if left alone in the area prepared for her. So my mom wrapped a clock in a soft towel and put it in the dog bed with the puppy. She said the sound would remind the puppy of it's mother's beating heart, and the puppy would feel better and less lonely. I don't remember if that worked or not, but it makes sense to me now.

I know that human touch and the sound of voices help me sleep more at ease. I sleep now with a big stuffed bunny in bed with me... don't laugh!!!... okay, you can laugh... it is kinda funny at my age, and it is, VERY PINK!!!! It was given to me a couple years ago and i was going to get rid of it when i thought of putting it in bed. It isn't as good as having a person there, but i think it helps some. laugh

So i guess i'm saying i'm still of "puppy mind." hahahhahaha. laugh
Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/29/07 07:03 AM
Holly, I was thinking of the same thing.
We all need somebody who we can touch.
Whose presence makes us feel secure.
I will pray for you that you get somebody soon.
I also sleep alone, but I have my mom and sons in my home.
You are all alone.
Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/29/07 08:29 AM
Loneliness is again tied up with insecurity.
That is where those who believe in higher power get some support.
To believe that we are never alone and God is always with us is a great gift.
But at times i also forget that Holly
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/29/07 05:53 PM
Living alone is not so bad. I have been learning how to feel more secure on my own and that is good. There are sometimes moments when i'm tired of being alone and i think of calling my old boyfriend... he would be only too glad to step back into my life instantly, and marry me. He makes noises that he wants to. I wouldn't have to worry about money or anything. But i don't call him and i don't encourage him. He is a good person, and i like him and he is still a friend, but i know he isn't right for me as a partner. I don't feel bonded with him, and that is what i want... a soulmate. So you see, I have at least one option i don't take, so things are not so bad, being alone, that i will take any remedy for it. smile

I have a dream, of being with the right person and of our being in love and having deep friendship, and having a great family. I am stubborn and don't wish to give up my dream. I used to have a face on this "right person"... it was the face of a lost love from my past. I kept hoping when all reasonable expectation was gone. But i knew i should let that go of that particular dream and look for someone even better... someone who won't hurt me and won't abandon me when they get frightened. I can do better. And so can you, cd. You miss your love because it's the best love you have known and there was joy there at one time, but you can do better. Much better. You can have all the wonderful parts of that relationship without the lies and cruelty that came with it, and with a trustworthiness and partnership you have not yet known. And when you do find the right person, it will be so much better that you'll wonder why you ever wanted your past love who failed you.

First, i think, we need to work on our selves. To grieve and heal, and find new joys and pursuits in our lives, and new dreams. To start looking forward more, and backwards less. I find sometimes, helping others helps me let go of past hurts. It reminds me of the blessings i have today... i have my health, i have good friends :), i have a house, i have my talents which i am trying to put to more use. I have opportunities everywhere i turn: to learn, to create, to meet people, to enjoy natural resources, to do things like go to galleries or play soccer or go to films. Where is the bad, really, in my life now? Does it have a form? no. Is anyone hurting me now? no. Is it tangible in any way? no. Any pain i feel happens only when i reach into the past because i seek it. One day, i'll quit seeking it. smile

Bit by bit i'm replacing the old thoughts, the old pain and even the old joys, with new and current joys in my life. It's like the collage i told you about... I'm working on a new one. I found a picture of a house that looks very like my house now (except in the picture it doesn't need new paint.. hahah). And i found a photo of a kitchen very like my own... it is old, but looks sweet. There are flowers on the counter in the photo, so i put flowers on my counter. I will look for more photos of things within my reach, to put on the board. Things that make me feel happy when i see them.

I think you are ready to find something that helps ground you in the present, cd. I'm not suggesting you give up the past, only suggesting you find something that helps you orient to the good that's around you now, and the good you can bring into your life today and in the near future. I like a collage because it is visual... i can look at it and take in the whole idea in a moment, and i can have it beside my bed so i can see it as soon as i wake. It will remind me where i am today. But there are other things you might do... perhaps start a garden, or make something with great care like a piece of furniture or art. Or volunteer for some charity, particularly if you get to meet the people you are helping. Or perhaps just writing your goals/dreams down and posting them on the wall beside your computer so you see them all the time... a goal each for health, home, family, work, financial, love, and any expression of talent or place you'd like to travel to. I think you are ready, cd, to start adding good things into your life this very day.
Posted By: babyquacker Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/30/07 01:54 AM
Today I am grateful for being alive. I am thankful to God for sparing my life 2 years ago. I am thankful for healthcare professionals and facilities that work 24/7 to heal and save lives. I am thankful for modern technology that can find and cure illness using minimally invasive procedures. Today I am thankful for all things great and small.

Trish
Posted By: chrisgray Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/30/07 02:13 AM
Today I am grateful for a good friend that has helped me more than she really knows the past three weeks. I am grateful for my loving husband and four healthy children. I'm grateful that God is a Loving God. I'm grateful for my life today even though I don't feel up to par I know it too will pass in due time. I'm grateful that depression doesn't have to be a "dirty little secret" anymore. We don't need to feel ashamed because we're not feeling well.
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/30/07 05:17 AM
Sue (nadaurz) made me laugh today when she shared that she's been painting... and painting... and painting! (see the Quit Smoking thread).

My cat made me smile when i saw him sleeping in an absolutely impossible position! He could have slept anywhere on the soft bed, but instead hung himself over the edge of a cardboard box that i'd set on the bed, not IN it, but over the edge, draped like a rag and sleeping on top of his face!

Sheila made me laugh today too. We had a new college student (Becky?) show up to knitting group... she only just learned to knit this summer and she's already doing fancy stuff like color-stranding. Sheila who comes to Tuesday night classes, said about 8 times, "Becky, you're welcome at any of the classes. But not Tuesday!" It made us all laugh every time!!! laugh

Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/30/07 10:09 AM
Holly. Do not ever give up your dream.
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 06/30/07 07:07 PM
I won't if you won't! :P laugh
Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/01/07 05:24 AM
I never give up my dreams. they give me life.
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/02/07 05:13 AM
Then i hope your dreams come true!

I'm glad i have energy today, and for all the new ideas that have come my way from things i've read and from other people.
Posted By: cb78 Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/02/07 09:09 AM
i am grateful to have come across bella.its wonderful.its full of wonderful people.
Thanku all.
cb78
Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/02/07 09:24 AM
I am grateful for the day that has arisen.
Posted By: chrisgray Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/02/07 10:58 AM
I am grateful for another day! I'm grateful for all the people who love me! And I am also grateful that I found Bella, I'm not sure how it happen but, I do know I am so very grateful it did. It's a true Blessing smile
Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/02/07 01:11 PM
Yes. Chrisgray. You are a very good member.
Posted By: chrisgray Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/02/07 01:52 PM
cd- Why thank you!
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/02/07 03:47 PM
good morning Chris, CD, and cb78 ! smile

I am grateful when people i know are not suffering, or better yet when they are content or happy.

And i'm also grateful for toothpaste... hahha!!... without which my morning would not be so nice. laugh

And since this day is a gift.... i'm going to do my best to make the most of it, both in the things i accomplish and in appreciating the day.
Posted By: MettaMaid Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/02/07 04:31 PM
I am grateful I have received clearance to travel to Nepal! Now I will go to visit the refuge I have been waiting to go and visit for nearly a year!
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/02/07 04:42 PM
That is wonderful! Congratulations!
Posted By: MettaMaid Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/02/07 04:45 PM
Thank you hollyelise...
This is where i am going....

Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/06/07 07:08 AM
Sometimes, when i've had a good day, particularly if i've moved forward, it suddenly becomes difficult when i lay my head down to sleep. But i'm glad i've remembered now to reflect on the blessings of this day and in my life.

I had fun this morning when a student called me for assistance. She came over to my house and we sat on the porch and had coffee and talked.

I also had a good time this evening, talking on the phone with a friend who was very kind. smile
Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/06/07 07:10 AM
That sounds good Holly.

Today i am grateful for my spirit that made me take the bet with my son.
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/06/07 07:56 AM
smile Yes, that was good! It's a good thing to be playful in life.
Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/06/07 08:00 AM
Thanks Holly.
Posted By: K i K i Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/06/07 04:34 PM
I love reading and I am grateful for the library. It's wonderful to know that I will never run out of free books to read.
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/06/07 05:58 PM
Hi Kiki!

Yes i agree with you there 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't think of a better resource for all of us. Sometimes i think... WOW... this is too good to be true! When am i going to wake up? laugh

Our library, even though just a small community library, also has cds, games, videos and dvds for loan, internet access for the public to use for free, a seperate computer training center, and offers many free seminars and lectures on a variety of topics... in fact a friend of mine is going to be conducting a workshop in the fall called, "Jumpstart your Novel."

Knowing how much i enjoy the library and how much education and reference i have gotten there, I now try to pass my personally owned used books on to libraries that need books badly. Our local used book store, for instance, collects used books to give to a prison library, which is very convenient for me to drop them off. I also know of an organization that sends books to empoverished nations to put into school libraries.

Here are a couple of links if you are also interested in donating books overseas:

BellaOnline ALERT: For anti-spam reasons, we restrict the number of URLs allowed in a given post. You have exceeded our maximum number of URLs.
Posted By: affettuoso Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/07/07 03:28 AM
I am grateful for free books from the library too. I read a lot, and could never afford to buy what I read.

I am also grateful for music. It has helped me so much lately. (but I have to be careful what I listen to. Tchaikovsky's 6th isn't a good choice when I feel depressed, even though I love it!)

AF
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/07/07 05:13 AM
laugh AF i'm so glad you joined us in this corner of the forum, too!!!

Yes, i know what you mean about music... it has a wonderful ability to help us change our moods. smile You like classical music? I will try to think of some uplifting pieces you might like.

Today i am glad i kept busy doing useful things around the house. I feel good about it. I did a little yard work near the front steps, clearing out a neglected garden bed. It was good exercise and i'll be glad to see it neat when i go out tomorrow.

I'm grateful my knitters had so much fun this afternoon... they were so funny, too!

And i am so grateful for my friends... they are loving and call me to see how i'm doing or to do things together. smile

Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/07/07 07:01 AM
Your friends sound great.
Posted By: affettuoso Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/08/07 03:19 AM
Yes, I do love classical music, but other types as well, especially the musicals. I have to be careful just now though, because romantic music sets me to crying!

Right now I am listening to 'Bloody Mary' from South Pacific, and enjoying a good laugh!

I am also grateful that I have a car that I can drive around in and see beautiful scenery.

AF
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/08/07 04:03 AM
How about "Happy Talk" from Flower Drum Song? ...that's also a Rogers & Hammerstein, though not as many people know that one.

I put pictures of some of my favorite scenery to either side of my computer... i have had postcards from Ireland on one side, and Scotland on the other... but i'm looking for new pictures now that remind me of around here. smile

Today i am grateful for one thing in particular. A few years ago, i had a best friend. She is a wonderful person and i love her very much, but she had a quite horrifying childhood and because of that, she has some rather large issues and quirks.

Anyway, a couple of years ago she was... well, lets just say not at her best. And she got angry suddenly over an invented offense one afternoon and quit talking to me completely, and even said false things about me to others so that another person quit talking to me completely, too. We hadn't even argued, i was just shut out like that. I kept trying to talk with her and the other person and they would hang up on me, and then she emailed me out of the blue one day months later to ask me to do something for her. Well, by that time i was pretty angry and i told her exactly what i thought of her behavior, and said i cared about her but thought she was an unhealthy person to be around and she needed to get her act together! When i'm angry, i can be pretty direct.

So... we hadn't talked since then except for a short email i sent to her once around Christmas, just saying i cared about her and wished her well. I didn't get a response, and we didn't talk, until today. But she saw me in a store today and made a point to approach and say hello in a warm manner, and she asked me how i was. It was awkward, and i didn't say much, but it was a start.

So today i feel very grateful for two things... one, forgiveness... on both our parts. And secondly, her speaking to me i feel is an acknowledgement that she had not been fair to me. I was the wronged party, if for no other reason than her not giving me any opportunity to talk to her even once about the issue, and for slandering me. I've had to live with the injustice of that for several years.

Anyway, we'll see if anything ever comes of it, but i still see today as a blessing. Some things in life are very hard, and not at all fair... so when, down the road, the scales start to balance again, it feels very good.

Posted By: affettuoso Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/08/07 04:40 AM
That's so good to hear.

I wish you both a happy reunion and a new beginning.

AF
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/08/07 04:45 AM
Thank you. smile
Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/08/07 08:13 AM
Yes. Holly, I believe you can be pretty direct.
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/08/07 08:11 PM
Hahahah. Yes. Unfortunately.
Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/09/07 05:16 AM
Why unfortunate?
that is a good quality.
Saves lot of time and effort!
Posted By: affettuoso Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/09/07 06:13 AM
Today I am grateful for new and understanding friends on this list.

AF
Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/09/07 06:21 AM
Thanks AF.
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/15/07 07:27 AM
It's raining. smile I've missed the rain and it sounds so lovely and smells so fresh!
Posted By: Manjari Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/15/07 01:17 PM
I am grateful for finding this site.
Posted By: affettuoso Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/16/07 04:45 AM
Today I am grateful for the new friend who phoned me and let me vent about the emotional pain I have been going through.

It was so nice to be supported and understood, instead of being criticized.

There IS light at the end of the tunnel!

AF.
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/16/07 06:00 AM
laugh That sounds wonderful, AF!

Today i am glad Manjari and affetuoso have joined our community!

I'm also glad i was feeling better today, and that i accomplished some things, ...even a couple of things that symbolically set little parts of the past aside as being "done."

I'm also grateful for the fresh fruit that is in abundance in summer! I'm going to enjoy some sweet cherries before turning into bed. smile
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/16/07 06:01 AM
laugh That sounds wonderful, AF!

Today i am glad Manjari and affetuoso have joined our community!

I'm also glad i was feeling better today, and that i accomplished some things, ...even a couple of things that symbolically set little parts of the past aside as being "done."

I'm also grateful for the fresh fruit that is in abundance in summer! I'm going to enjoy some sweet cherries before turning into bed. smile
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/17/07 05:13 AM
I went to a new yoga class today! My last yoga instructor had moved away, and this person has a very different approach, but i like both approaches! I'm very glad to be doing yoga again.

i also got to touch base today with many people i'd been out of touch with for a while. I've been making an effort to do so, and it was good for me. I was also glad that one of my friends whom i was worried about seems to be doing okay. smile

i also lost 4 pounds! ...that was unexpected, but nice! smile
Posted By: Manjari Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/17/07 05:25 AM
How many days it took to lose weight?
Posted By: affettuoso Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/18/07 02:05 AM
Today I am grateful for my health. Also that I have been able to keep my weight down.

AF.
Posted By: Manjari Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/18/07 12:07 PM
Why are we all concerned about weight?
Unless we are obsese, why should that bother us?
Is it because of the hype?
Posted By: Manjari Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/18/07 12:09 PM
Do we invite tension because we pursue objects such as losing weight and so on?
I find that villagers in India are so happy because they are least concerned about all this.
The stress comes in urban areas with questions such as-
How to maintain weight?
How to improve/
how to achieve and so on?
we lose the happy life because we run after rainbows!
Posted By: affettuoso Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/18/07 01:48 PM
I have to keep my weight down for health reasons. Not much choice really.

AF.
Posted By: Manjari Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/19/07 01:32 PM
Otherwise you were not bothered? Then that is good.
Posted By: Manjari Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/19/07 01:33 PM
We should get some posts by obsese people here!
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/20/07 05:08 AM
Originally Posted By: Manjari
Why are we all concerned about weight?

Weight is one significant indicator of the likelyhood of future health problems. High risk for heart disease, diabetes and other diseases are greatly reduced if you maintain your weight, but most particularly, keeping your waistline girth below 40 inches for men (about 100 centimeters), and 35 inches for women (about 88 centimeters) will greatly reduce your risk for the most prevalent diseases:

Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/20/07 05:27 AM
I feel very fortunate this week because several new opportunities have come my way recently. I just learned of one more this evening --- the possibility for me to teach painting and art appreciation to children at an arts academy this fall. I will wait to hear if the company i am connected with wins the contract with the academy.

I also had a very large class tonight! That makes me happy. My classes sometimes swell unexpectedly! Tonight we didn't even have enough chairs and everyone had a good time... it was wonderful!

But mostly i am grateful for learning to appreciate little joys in my day better as i practice being more aware of them. I am enjoying things like the weather... whether it's rain or sun or wind, warmth or coolness. I still love my morning coffee... sometimes i have it here at my computer while i'm reading your posts... i enjoy that! Or sometimes i take it to the porch to enjoy the air and scenery (i have maple trees off the porch). This evening i took a walk... and i saw again a red fox!!! smile And now tonight, as has become my routine, i will read a chapter of fiction before going to bed.

I hope all of you have a better day tomorrow!

best wishes.
Posted By: Manjari Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/20/07 08:20 AM
[quote=Manjari]Why are we all concerned about weight?

Weight is one significant indicator of the likelyhood of future health problems. High risk for heart disease, diabetes and other diseases are greatly reduced if you maintain your weight, but most particularly, keeping your waistline girth below 40 inches for men (about 100 centimeters), and 35 inches for women (about 88 centimeters) will greatly reduce your risk for the most prevalent diseases:

Posted By: Manjari Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/20/07 08:22 AM
Holly,

You take any antioxidants to prevent cancer?
Alpha Lipoic Acid, Vitamin C, Beta Carotenes, selenium etc?
Posted By: Manjari Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/20/07 08:27 AM
I just learned of one more this evening --- the possibility for me to teach painting and art appreciation to children at an arts academy this fall. I will wait to hear if the company i am connected with wins the contract with the academy.

YOU will get it Holly. Congrats.
Why am I sure?
Pl. do not ask.
Posted By: Manjari Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/20/07 08:35 AM
Holly,

CDM told me that he very delighted with your help in editing. That is one more good work done.
Posted By: affettuoso Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/21/07 03:14 AM
I am grateful today for a lovely lady who has moved into the house next door to me.

It's so important to have friendly neighbors!

AF.
Posted By: Manjari Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/21/07 06:20 AM
I am grateful to members here for giving me the platform to discuss.
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/22/07 12:20 AM
That is wonderful, AF. Have you met her yet?

Manjari, thank you for mentioning it. I take a multivitamin, and i try to eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables. I also sometimes drink green tea which is recommended for antioxidants (but all tea leaf tea and even coffee has antioxidants). What i would like to do is learn which herbs or foods are good for kidney health.

Today i feel very grateful for everyone here at Bella. I don't feel alone or unsupported anymore. I'm starting to see positive changes in myself and my life... not huge things, but definite progress! smile
Posted By: affettuoso Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/22/07 04:41 AM
That is wonderful Hollyelise! I am so happy for you. I am also grateful for all the loving support here.

Yes,I have met her, and she seems so nice.

AF
Posted By: anndidetal Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/22/07 05:08 AM
Today I am grateful for life, and health, and for loving friends. I am also grateful to be back again on the Bella forums.

Kerryanne.
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/23/07 06:55 AM
Some things that made me happy today:

Making French Toast with my homemade bread.

Seeing that i'd made some progress fixing the room.

Making progress with my files.

Finishing a task long overdue.

Keeping my kitchen and bedroom clean.

Hearing from friends who called or emailed. smile
Posted By: Manjari Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/23/07 07:04 AM
I had peaceful sleep after many moths.
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/23/07 07:57 AM
That is wonderful! smile
Posted By: Manjari Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/23/07 08:04 AM
Thanks Holly. I have finished my jokes site today.
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/24/07 12:56 AM
That is SUPER! I want to go look but i promised i was going to turn off the computer early tonight! So i will look forward to looking at the site in the morning.

I had a wonderful walk this evening with my friend C. I got some painting done and C saw it and said the room is coming along nicely. I'm going to make myself some dinner now and do some reading and that will be nice. smile

See you all tomorrow, good night!
Posted By: babyquacker Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/24/07 01:42 AM
Holly, cranberry juice is EXCELLENT for urinary health. Your list of what you have accomplished is WONDERFUL. Good for you! laugh

AF and Manjari, I am also very glad for all the supportive, helpful, friendly people at Bella! AND Manjari, I am SO GLAD to hear that you had a peaceful night's sleep, finally! wink

Kerryanne, I second what you say: "Today I am grateful for life, and health, and for loving friends." I am really glad that you are feeling well enough to be back with us. I missed your kind words! smile

I am grateful for family, friends and good health.

I am grateful that I have FINALLY decluttered 1/2 of my house and am still going strong. It is starting to look SO good.

Trish

Posted By: anndidetal Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/24/07 03:28 AM
Today, I am grateful for finally learning to accept myself and respect who and what I am.

Kerryanne.
Posted By: pratibha77 Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/24/07 04:59 AM
That is SUPER! I want to go look but i promised i was going to turn off the computer early tonight! So i will look forward to looking at the site in the morning.

I had a wonderful walk this evening with my friend C. I got some painting done and C saw it and said the room is coming along nicely. I'm going to make myself some dinner now and do some reading and that will be nice. smile

See you all tomorrow, good night!

Good night!
Posted By: anndidetal Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/25/07 03:27 AM
Thanks Trish!

Today I am grateful for the wonderful company of my three dogs, who keep me out of mischief! (keeping THEM out of mischief!)

Kerryanne.
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/26/07 01:21 AM
I always feel good when i read everyone's posts here and what they have found to be grateful for. It's like, i get to share it. Do you feel that way too? It makes me smile to picture so much de-cluttering, and the dogs, and working on the website and such. smile

I really look forward to this time of day when i get to read posts at Bella. I am so impressed by the collective intelligence and wisdom of members here, and i learn and grow so much for being in your company... thank you.

Today i enjoyed teaching... nothing new there... i almost always enjoy it, so i am lucky! And i got to finish a knitting project today that was waiting so long for a working sewing machine to get finished... two accent pillows covered with colorful entrelac. They came out even better than i hoped so that was especially satisfying. I had a great long chat today with a sort of goofy city council member i know. I made myself a lovely Tuscan salad for dinner with tomatoes, fresh basil, chickpeas and other good things. And tonight i am surrounded by good books and projects that will be enjoyable. Life really isn't too bad. smile
Posted By: nadaurz Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/26/07 02:12 AM
Today I am grateful for being reassured I really can get back to work fulltime. I worked part-time these past few years as my two youngest were in junior and senior highschool. I decided they needed me more than extra material things. My youngest, having graduated this past spring, is going away to college next month. I will be on my own for the first time in 26 years. I was really doubting my abilities to rejoin the work force. Work history means so much. Just rejoining society as a whole was causing much anxiety on top of my selfdoubt. Today, I went for my second interview for an asst. cook job at a nearby public school. It's down to me and 1 other person. The head cook wants to hire me. The superintendant kinda likes the other person-it's his wife. We will find out next Monday. I'd appreciate any positive vibes you all can send out for me. I'm nervous and afraid to hope for fear of the let down. Regardless, either way I realized today I have a lot to offer. If I don't get this one, I will get one soon enough and it'll be a good one because I'm worth it. I DO have a lot to offer and will be an asset to whomever does hire me. You guys will never know how far you've helped me come. I love you guys!
Posted By: affettuoso Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/26/07 02:28 AM
Today I am grateful for having spent a wonderful day with my old school friend, a nice dinner and good coffee, and then today I went for a nice drive to the beach nearby and gorged on fish and chips and icecream!

Yes, Hollyelise, I enjoy sharing in the joy of others too. It's great!

AF.
Posted By: anndidetal Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/26/07 03:11 AM
I am very grateful today for those beautiful Azaleas that are coming out all along the front of my garden. Red, pink, violet and white. What a soul stirring picture. Nature is wonderful!

Kerryanne.
Posted By: pratibha77 Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/26/07 08:57 AM
Thanks Trish!

Today I am grateful for the wonderful company of my three dogs, who keep me out of mischief! (keeping THEM out of mischief!)

Kerryanne.

CDM told me about you and your dogs. How are you now?
you were in hospital for long?
Posted By: pratibha77 Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/26/07 09:01 AM
Originally Posted By: nadaurz
Today I am grateful for being reassured I really can get back to work fulltime. I worked part-time these past few years as my two youngest were in junior and senior highschool. I decided they needed me more than extra material things. My youngest, having graduated this past spring, is going away to college next month. I will be on my own for the first time in 26 years. I was really doubting my abilities to rejoin the work force. Work history means so much. Just rejoining society as a whole was causing much anxiety on top of my selfdoubt. Today, I went for my second interview for an asst. cook job at a nearby public school. It's down to me and 1 other person. The head cook wants to hire me. The superintendant kinda likes the other person-it's his wife. We will find out next Monday. I'd appreciate any positive vibes you all can send out for me. I'm nervous and afraid to hope for fear of the let down. Regardless, either way I realized today I have a lot to offer. If I don't get this one, I will get one soon enough and it'll be a good one because I'm worth it. I DO have a lot to offer and will be an asset to whomever does hire me. You guys will never know how far you've helped me come. I love you guys!

Nadaruz, you have multiple abilities. you are also a mural painter. right? I will send vibes to you like this-

Let nadaruz get the best she deserves and let her find the best way to get that.

Then it can be even an offer of mural painting or painting business or this cook job or any other job/business/work.

Posted By: anndidetal Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/26/07 12:24 PM
Originally Posted By: pratibha77

CDM told me about you and your dogs. How are you now?
you were in hospital for long?

That's nice! I am almost back to normal now. I spent almost three weeks in hospital, and a week in convalescence.

It's good to be back in my own little home.

Kerryanne.
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/26/07 01:28 PM
Today I'm thankful for waking up
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/28/07 03:00 AM
thunderstorms... friends... knitting... an impromptu dinner with friends at a Chinese restaurant... my kitty... Bella folk... smile
Posted By: affettuoso Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/28/07 03:20 AM
the fact that my rose strike (trying to strike from a shoot of a favourite rose bush) is shooting!

AF.
Posted By: Manjari Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/28/07 06:39 AM
thunderstorms... friends... knitting... an impromptu dinner with friends at a Chinese restaurant... my kitty... Bella folk... smile

Had a great day Holly?
It seems that your time is already changing.
Posted By: Manjari Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/28/07 06:39 AM
Originally Posted By: affettuoso
the fact that my rose strike (trying to strike from a shoot of a favourite rose bush) is shooting!

AF.

What color Rose?
Posted By: affettuoso Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/29/07 02:29 PM
It is a cream colour, and has a magnificent perfume. It's an old plant and I don't know the name. It has very few thorns too, which is a bonus when you are pruning!

AF.
Posted By: anndidetal Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/30/07 02:40 AM
Today I am grateful for my new monitor! Being without a computer has been like losing a friend. Whatever did we do before computers?!

Kerryanne.
Posted By: anndidetal Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/30/07 02:41 AM
Today I am grateful for my new monitor! Being without a computer has been like losing a friend. Whatever did we do before computers?!

Kerryanne.
Posted By: TheAvonLady Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/30/07 03:35 AM
Today I am grateful for family. Spent the day with hubby and all 3 boys, MIL and SIL. It was fun and relaxing.
Posted By: TheAvonLady Re: Today i am grateful for... - 07/30/07 03:36 AM

Kerryanne.

I hear ya!!! I am soo lost if I loose my internet, or electricity!!
Posted By: pratibha77 Re: Today i am grateful for... - 08/05/07 12:33 PM
To God. For making such a lovely rain.
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 08/14/07 06:18 AM
Today i had a phone call from my old friend J... and i learned why we fell out of touch. When i was going through my troubles, he was too. He was a television journalist and apparently did some reporting on 9/11. Strange, but it was helpful to me, because he could give me some resources for healing and sleeping better. I am sad he experienced horrors, but it made me feel better understood.

Today i cleaned house a little and sorted paperwork for my knitting business. It usually makes me feel better to get rid of things and clean. It may not be "important work," but it makes me feel more together and rested.

I started knitting argyle socks today to teach a young woman how to knit them, and we sat in the cafe and drank tea.

...oh... and i received an apology from a girlfriend... we had been approached by a drunken man at night in a dark area this week... he had hurried after us from far and i knew it was suspicious and tried to get my girlfriend to step away. My friend sort of compromised our safety, that's what she was apologizing for. I didn't expect an apology, so that was nice.
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: Today i am grateful for... - 08/14/07 08:52 PM
today im greatful for waking up
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 08/15/07 03:23 AM
hello skyhaven. How are you doing?
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 08/16/07 04:01 AM
Today i was given more peaches. smile Can't have too many.

Reading made me happy today. I'm very grateful for books and articles.

Teaching was rewarding today. My students are excited about finishing their projects.
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: Today i am grateful for... - 08/16/07 05:33 PM
i'm doing good holly, thanks, n how r u doing??/
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 08/17/07 03:19 AM
I'm doing okay.

This week i have been touched by the enormous generosity of my knitting students. Joyce wanted to throw a going-away party for a college student who joined us this summer and will on Sunday return to college for the school year. It is going to be a surprise and we're springing it on her tomorrow. Joyce started a basket with "hand-me-down" yarn and needles for our young knitter, with a card which we will all sign. She asked if others would like to contribute to the basket. Well... that was like tossing a snowball off Mt. McKinley, it's turned into an avalanche. laugh I think we now have three HUGE basketfuls of stuff... more than i think she can take to college with her! Some of it is hand-me-down, but others wanted to give beautiful new gifts and i was shocked with how much they were willing to contribute, for many do not even know her, but they are just very generous souls. There are books, expensive new yarns, knitting tools, and more. Rachel is sweet, and she deserves to be surprised. Everyone deserves it now and again, really. Tomorrow morning i will bake a chocolate cake. I'm so proud of these wonderful women!

Tonight, again i am grateful for the wonderful harvest we are experiencing in this area. Again i was given vegetables from knitters who have overflowing gardens. We joke about it. Joyce's husband suggested that even if we can't eat all the tomatoes, we must accept them and we can always toss them at people's windows. If this keeps up, i might have to take up canning! And before anyone suggests i donate them to the soup kitchen... they are overflowing, too!!! Mental note for next year: do NOT plant certain items such as: tomatoes, zucchini, garlic, or beets!

Okay... one more thing to be grateful for, let's see --- today i am grateful for my health.
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 08/19/07 05:13 AM
Out of my three students who needed medical care this week... one of them heart surgury and the other two emergency care... they are all doing all right. Two of them are much better than expected and i talked to them today.

I am very glad ...immeasurably glad!... i have some friends who have more faith in me than i sometimes have in myself, because that's what get's me through.

There is cooler weather today and we had a little rain... just the merest hint of autumn.

I'm going to go read half a chapter or so in a good book now. Of course, they're all good books, aren't they?
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 08/22/07 05:08 AM
Today i asked about the student who had the heart surgury and learned she had been in the store earlier, and the worker who waited on her had no idea she'd had surgury just Friday, so i guess she is doing fine. It's wonderful when they can do the less invasive types of surgury, isn't it?

I'm really glad that i've been managing fairly well lately.

Oh! I know something to be happy about today... i tried on my skinny jeans! laugh I have a few more pounds to go before they fit well, but i did get them on and zipped up without cutting off my circulation so that was very happy!
Posted By: Manjari Re: Today i am grateful for... - 08/22/07 01:00 PM
When we lose weight we feel great.
Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Today i am grateful for... - 08/22/07 02:55 PM
I feel grateful to Alexandra for sending Metta to Nepal.
I am now back here.

Grateful to my younger son.
I got disoriented in thoughts and argued with him but we patched up.
Posted By: Alexandra Re: Today i am grateful for... - 08/22/07 04:34 PM
It's nice to see you back, CDM.
I hope all is well with you, and I am pleased you have "patched up" with your son. It feels terrible when there is bad feelings between us and those we love, so I am happy for you.
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 08/23/07 04:24 AM
Manjari and CD... it's so good to see you back!
Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Today i am grateful for... - 08/23/07 06:21 AM
I thought that this Metta9Alexandra( had left for Nepal. But I was deceived!

Anyway, I do not want to give away my right to talk to others and Alexandra is in my ignore list.

Thanks Holly!
Posted By: Manjari Re: Today i am grateful for... - 08/24/07 12:34 PM
I am grateful for all the good members of this forum.
Posted By: babyquacker Re: Today i am grateful for... - 08/27/07 02:52 AM
Today I am grateful for all the friendships that I have here. I am grateful for ALL the positive, kind comments, suggestions and friendly, FUN chatter that we share. I SO look forward to that each day! smile

Trish
Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Today i am grateful for... - 08/27/07 09:24 AM
Same here Trish.
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 08/28/07 04:07 AM
I'm so very grateful that my friend George is okay. I had been very very worried.
Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Today i am grateful for... - 08/28/07 05:37 AM
Holly,

things are changing for you positively.
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 08/29/07 05:24 AM
Highlighits of my day:

Looking at the room i worked on yesterday. I'm definitely in the home stretch now. I'll probably finish next week, if not before. It's nice to see the walls and trim white, smoothe and repaired (except for a few spots now), instead of various shades of lavender and purple with yellow trim (i'm not kidding! Those colors should be illegal, ha.), and it had holes and nails and cracks and adhesives, and you-name-it stuck to them. It's getting there, now.

I enjoyed eating the soup i made yesterday out of sweet onion, garlic, fennel bulb, tomatoes, corn, red chili pepper, curry and other ingredients... it's quite delish.

I've gotten some work done today and now i am knitting.
Posted By: MegM_BusinessCoach Re: Today i am grateful for... - 08/29/07 05:37 AM
Today I am grateful for surviving another day. I am grateful for having loved enough to feel the pain of mourning the loss. I am grateful for the laughs I've shared, and the tenacity and perseverance that have gotten me through my tears. I am grateful for the abundant love, life, and energy present in my life at all times.
Posted By: Manjari Re: Today i am grateful for... - 08/29/07 06:47 AM
I am grateful to God for giving me life.
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 08/30/07 07:51 AM
On days i don't get as much done as i plan or expect, it's good to be grateful for what i did get done. I taught classes, i did some writing, and i finished a knitted piece. I perhaps made a few lives easier or happier in minor ways. That's good enough.

I'm very glad that everyone i know is safe at the moment.

And tomorrow will be a new day.
Posted By: Manjari Re: Today i am grateful for... - 08/30/07 08:28 AM
Yes. Tomorrow will be a new day.
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 08/31/07 08:07 AM
Today i especially appreciate my friend Mark. He is perhaps the most loyal person i know, because among his qualities, he is very accepting and non-judgmental of others. I remember years ago he told me that he was like glue... once you knew him, you couldn't get rid of him. haha. smile He was right! And it's good to have friends like that. He's like a lean dog that is hungry for love.

I'm also glad today for growth. We aren't always pretty when we are growing... you ever notice that? Sometimes we're a little rough around the edges while we get the knack of things. But growth is good.

Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Today i am grateful for... - 08/31/07 10:26 AM
I am grateful for new hope.
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: Today i am grateful for... - 08/31/07 12:50 PM
To day im greatful for waking up ;o)
Posted By: pratibha77 Re: Today i am grateful for... - 08/31/07 01:15 PM
Originally Posted By: skyhaven
To day im greatful for waking up ;o)

That was great.
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 09/01/07 08:27 AM
laugh Yes, that is great!

Today i'm glad an old matter came to a satisfactory conclusion.

I got some good work done.

I helped my students and had fun with them.
Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Today i am grateful for... - 09/01/07 01:18 PM
I thank god for showing me a way to send food items to my son in the US.
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 09/02/07 05:59 AM
That's nice, cd. Are you sending them from India? I can look for an Indian import company that ships within the U.S. if you like.

Today i am grateful for happy memories.

I'm glad my student J is recovering and i hope she feels better soon.

i'm also glad for my cat Fisher who is a good companion.
Posted By: pratibha77 Re: Today i am grateful for... - 09/03/07 06:47 AM
Today I begin on my own.
creating content for my own websites.
I am grateful to CDM for teaching me so much.
Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Today i am grateful for... - 09/04/07 09:44 AM
I can look for an Indian import company that ships within the U.S. if you like.

He has got a friend in New Jersey. He sends me few things. aditya has got more friends scattered around in the USA. USA attracts Indians most.

Despite the condition of relations between the Govts. Indians always have loved USA.
Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Today i am grateful for... - 09/04/07 09:45 AM
I am thankful to you Holly.
Posted By: pratibha77 Re: Today i am grateful for... - 09/07/07 01:08 PM
I am grateful to Holly who is teaching me about day dreams!
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 09/08/07 04:56 AM
thank you!

That's so wonderful Pratibha, about your websites! I can't wait to see them.
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 09/08/07 05:11 AM

He has got a friend in New Jersey. He sends me few things. aditya has got more friends scattered around in the USA. USA attracts Indians most.

Despite the condition of relations between the Govts. Indians always have loved USA.

Yes, we (Americans and Indians alike) don't always agree with our politicians or foreign policies, do we?

My neighbor here told me her story of emigrating from India. This is just one person's experience, of course... but she said that when she announced she was going to come to the U.S. to go to college and look for a husband, that her cousins and friends criticized her heavily for wanting to come here of all places. She said (as she put it) they had terrible opinions of Americans but that she noticed their criticisms were things they secretly admired or wanted. She said they complained Americans are too naive, generous, and prosperous. I don't know what to think of it, i just thought it interesting to hear a different perspective. Like many immigrants, she is very patriotic.

She told me about how hard it was to give away all her things except for what she could fit in one suitcase, and how she agonized over letting stuff go but that once she was here, she never missed it.

It takes a special kind of person to change countries. It's not an easy thing to do. It was right for her. That's all that matters, i guess.
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 09/08/07 05:23 AM
Here is a source for Indian foods in the U.S. anyway...

Posted By: pratibha77 Re: Today i am grateful for... - 09/08/07 06:00 AM

Yes, we (Americans and Indians alike) don't always agree with our politicians or foreign policies, do we?

My neighbor here told me her story of emigrating from India. This is just one person's experience, of course... but she said that when she announced she was going to come to the U.S. to go to college and look for a husband, that her cousins and friends criticized her heavily for wanting to come here of all places. She said (as she put it) they had terrible opinions of Americans but that she noticed their criticisms were things they secretly admired or wanted. She said they complained Americans are too naive, generous, and prosperous. I don't know what to think of it, i just thought it interesting to hear a different perspective. Like many immigrants, she is very patriotic.

She told me about how hard it was to give away all her things except for what she could fit in one suitcase, and how she agonized over letting stuff go but that once she was here, she never missed it.

It takes a special kind of person to change countries. It's not an easy thing to do. It was right for her. That's all that matters, i guess.

Indians have natural affinity to Americans.
Posted By: Manjari Re: Today i am grateful for... - 09/08/07 08:46 AM
How i wish to travel to USA!
Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Today i am grateful for... - 09/08/07 02:06 PM
My mother takes so much care of me.
Posted By: Manjari Re: Today i am grateful for... - 09/09/07 09:56 AM
grateful to Pratibha for bringing some life to otherwise scholarly and boring discussions.
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 09/11/07 02:47 AM
I've had a fairly good day, though i had not been feeling well earlier so i slept a lot. Now i feel better though. smile

I went to the library today for dvd's to watch while i knit a project i have to get done, but i happened to find some good books, too (go figure!). One is called, "How Lance Does It," which is about his success formula. Another is "Learned Optimism" by Martin Seligman. I've read so many things that refer to this book i'm glad to finally get a look at it. And the last one is... (okay, don't laugh)... "Make Your First Million." Hey, it's the library... doesn't hurt to look! smile

Other than that i've just been working and i'm going to try to get to bed earlier tonight so i can get up earlier tomorrow.

Posted By: pratibha77 Re: Today i am grateful for... - 09/11/07 05:12 AM
I was busy working and dreaming and
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 10/26/07 04:43 AM
Some days are harder than others to think of things to be grateful for... but those are the most important days, i think, to try to think of at least three good things.

When i went to class today my students said i looked extremely tired. But their concern was touching. They asked if there was anything they could do. Friendship like that is all i need. Its really all i have ever needed. And there have been others this week. In my life i've known what it's like to be hungry for food, and what it's like to be hungry for good friends. If i had to pick, i'd rather have friends.

Today i got closer to finishing the sweater commission. I really want to get it done because it is overdue by about six weeks. So now i am getting excited. Except for the zipper, i might be able to finish it this weekend if i work hard on it.

I'm also grateful for Richard. He was very compassionate today.
Posted By: haridas Re: Today i am grateful for... - 10/29/07 12:19 PM
I got some books of James Harriot. great writing.
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 10/29/07 04:59 PM
They are good. Have you ever seen the t.v. series? ...British, made in the 70's i think. They have them at the public library here. You might be able to find them at yours.

Posted By: Lady J Re: Today i am grateful for... - 10/29/07 06:39 PM
Today I am grateful for three days off of work. Normally I only have Sunday and Tuesday, but recently I have had to work on my day off or run a ton of errands. This week I asked for and received an extra day. So I am using today for me and doing NOTHING. I am slumming it around the house. I am just reheating something I froze for dinner. Only ran to the store to pick up a couple things for lunches this week and some laundry detergant. Tomorrow, I am going for an hour massage, then taking the roomie to a couple places she needs to go, and also recording three radio commercials with my boss.

It's nice to take some time for yourself because I NEVER do that. I am more willing to give up time for others than ask for it for myself.
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 10/31/07 02:31 AM
i'm glad you had a good day, Jase. smile

I had a pretty good day, too. My class tonight was good and i received some income, which is always welcomed.

It was a beautiful sunny day... warmer outdoors than in, so i opened the house up. I'm grateful today for my friends and my cat.
Posted By: Swishykid Re: Today i am grateful for... - 10/31/07 02:47 AM
my job. even though it's working the hell out of me. I'm grateful and blessed to have a job.
Posted By: Lady J Re: Today i am grateful for... - 10/31/07 02:50 AM
today I had a blast recording our holiday commercials for work. My boss and I had a blast, so much so the radio people are going to put together some bloopers reels to send along with the completed and edited commercials.

Also because I couldn't get my massage I was able to apply those funds to my costume which is excellent!
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 11/01/07 05:12 AM
Today there was another fine day of weather. I think it was perhaps 70 degrees!

I'm very grateful for my friend Jen, who was there for me one time when i needed her.

And i'm glad my friends are safe tonight and i hope they continue to be, and know that i love them.
Posted By: haridas Re: Today i am grateful for... - 11/01/07 06:09 AM
I feel grateful to freebubbles for taking with me.
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 11/05/07 06:56 AM
warmth. my cat. sleep.
Posted By: haridas Re: Today i am grateful for... - 11/05/07 07:33 AM
A cup of tea in the morning.
Posted By: babyquacker Re: Today i am grateful for... - 11/05/07 09:00 PM
my family and friends and the beautiful, sunny weather we are having.

Trish
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 11/05/07 11:30 PM
I am grateful that the tree limb... as big around as a person... that fell today, did not fall on my roof but in the yard a few feet away! smile ...glad we had that tree trimmed a few years ago so the big branches weren't hanging over this and the neighbor's house. It made a mighty rumble when it fell!
Posted By: haridas Re: Today i am grateful for... - 11/06/07 04:49 AM
People like Trish and Hollyelise who make me think.
Posted By: babyquacker Re: Today i am grateful for... - 11/07/07 12:26 PM
I am grateful to be alive and have a wonderful place like Bella to gather with friends and talk.

I am grateful for haridas for making me think beyond simple answers to difficult questions. smile

Trish
Posted By: BillieCat Re: Today i am grateful for... - 11/07/07 02:32 PM
I am grateful that I woke up after my procedure and anethestic on Thursday!
Just grateful to be alive.
Posted By: haridas Re: Today i am grateful for... - 11/08/07 07:18 AM
I am grateful for my family.
Posted By: Lady J Re: Today i am grateful for... - 11/08/07 05:25 PM
the pain in my back is less and I am walking better.

that i have a good steady job where i am appreciated for what I do.
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 11/09/07 04:00 AM
I'm grateful that BillieCats procedure is over with and glad to have you back. smile

I'm very glad for my friend N, whom i saw today. She is very smart, courageous and kind.

I'm very grateful for CD, from whom i've learned so much.

And i'm glad for apples... one of the treats of autumn. I just made applesauce from apples i got at a local orchard and had some warm applesauce with a scoop of chocolate ice cream... mmmmm.

Posted By: haridas Re: Today i am grateful for... - 11/09/07 06:12 AM
I am grateful for sleeping well.
Posted By: BillieCat Re: Today i am grateful for... - 11/09/07 01:31 PM
Thanks a lot Holly.

I was feeling really bad for a few days and went back to my Gyn- I have an infection in my uterus from the biopsy.
The antiobiotics are giving me very bad headaches, but I am grateful that the pain in my uterus is going away. I am grateful we live in a world of advanced medical care :O)
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 11/09/07 04:31 PM
Jase, i hadn't seen your post... we must have been posting at the same time. I'm glad your back pain is better, too! And that haridas had a good night's sleep.

BillieCat, did you tell your doctor about the headaches? I think you should. Last time i was on antibiotics i became very, very thirsty. I tried to just brave it out but when my doctor found out he yelled at me... that's right... you see the thirst was a sign the antibiotics were shutting down my kidneys... a life threatening situation. He lectured me on continuing medicine when there are problems. I don't know much about medicine, but i don't think headaches are a typical side effect of antibiotics. You could just call the office and ask to speak with a nurse, and they could tell you in a moment if you should stop the medication.
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 11/19/07 05:27 AM
Today i'm glad to be home.
Posted By: haridas Re: Today i am grateful for... - 11/19/07 05:43 AM
I feel grateful to my friends who helped me.
Posted By: BillieCat Re: Today i am grateful for... - 11/28/07 04:37 PM
Jase:

I want to thank you for your Happy Hanukkah sign.

Today I am grateful to finally feel better after three weeks of being ill! The antibiotics I was on was too strong for me and pro-longed my feeling sick.

I also have a lot of back trouble - it hasn't been acting up but yesterday I have a spasm so I am trying to take it easy.
Posted By: BillieCat Re: Today i am grateful for... - 11/28/07 04:39 PM
I want to also add that I am grateful to still haven't my parents alive and fairly healthy.
I have a great husband and mother-in-law.

I hope all of you have someone to count on.
Posted By: babyquacker Re: Today i am grateful for... - 11/28/07 06:28 PM
BillieCat, I am grateful that you are feeling better.

I am grateful to have a wonderful husband and son at home who are very special. I am grateful for good health and ask for tolerance when little things get me down (like headaches or backaches.)

I am SO grateful for friends.

Trish
Posted By: BillieCat Re: Today i am grateful for... - 11/28/07 06:40 PM
Thanks a lot Trish - that was kind of you smile

I am glad you have a good family to count on.
Posted By: babyquacker Re: Today i am grateful for... - 11/28/07 06:43 PM
You're welcome, BillieCat. I am glad that you found out about the antibiotic intolerance. They are supposed to help but sometimes they are just not the right kind.

I am grateful that it is a beautiful fall day and I am free.

Trish
Posted By: haridas Re: Today i am grateful for... - 11/29/07 11:03 AM
I am grateful that my net is working.
Posted By: Lady J Re: Today i am grateful for... - 11/29/07 05:21 PM
I am grateful I will finally be getting my computer back! I ended up taking to a local repair place and they were able to fix everything I needed plus check all the parts I put in myself to make sure the settings were correct and to also provide all the info I need to upgrade even more all for the same price Dell was going to charge just to ship me the parts.

So I shall be back online with my friends more regularly after friday.
Posted By: babyquacker Re: Today i am grateful for... - 11/29/07 07:15 PM
haridas, I am glad that your net is working, too!

Jase, you are SO LUCKY to have a local repair shop that was able to do all of that to your computer! Welcome back, too.

I am grateful that my mother (87 years old) is still alive and I will be able to go get her tomorrow from Oklahoma, so she can spend months with us. I am grateful for being healthy enough this year to make the plane trip to Oklahoma.

I am grateful that it is a beautiful, sunny day in Maryland and I hope that the weather continues to be nice tomorrow for the plane trip.

I'll be back in a week; see ya'll then! wink

Trish
Posted By: Lady J Re: Today i am grateful for... - 11/29/07 08:38 PM
Trish, don't I know it. I went a whole month before I found out my local ISP had a repair department as part of their business.

I am very lucky especially since they are quick, efficient, reliable, and inexpensive... and LOCAL so if anything goes wrong with what they did THEY can fix it within a day!
Posted By: haridas Re: Today i am grateful for... - 11/30/07 12:31 PM
*7 ears, Trish. That is great going. May she have a long life.
Posted By: BillieCat Re: Today i am grateful for... - 11/30/07 07:11 PM
I am grateful that my beloved dog is still alive.
She was abandoned at age 10 in bad condition - she had advanced Cushings Disease. She wasn't expected to live past a year but here she is at 15 1/2!
We still have to monitor her closely and adjust her meds frequently, but she is a miracle dog!
Posted By: haridas Re: Today i am grateful for... - 12/01/07 12:55 PM
May God bless your dog.
I am grateful to God everyday for encouraging me.
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 12/04/07 05:02 PM
Coffee. Reading. Knitting.
Posted By: Sue Early Childhood Re: Today i am grateful for... - 12/04/07 08:27 PM
Holly - do you have a fire going, because that was the perfect picture. Although I don't know how to knit.

I am greatful for the little things!
Posted By: BellaShorts Re: Today i am grateful for... - 12/04/07 08:33 PM
Hi Sue and Holly, I do have a fire going and am very grate - ful (lol) for it and for peacefulness to enjoy it - whenever I get any peace !

How about a good story to enjoy in a comfy armchair to go with it? Oh and a glass of wine - bliss ! when all the kids have gone to bed !
Posted By: Sue Early Childhood Re: Today i am grateful for... - 12/04/07 09:34 PM
Ok I am going home now, and I think I will look for some wine! have a nice evening ladies!
Posted By: Tami S Re: Today i am grateful for... - 12/05/07 12:26 AM
Oh a fire sounds nice. We use our closed air wood stove to heat up our home quite often. It's been a while since I had a glass of wine in front of it. Hmmm... I'll have to change that!

Today I am grateful for realizing I need to slow down and really enjoy each and every moment. Like a typical woman, I can get moving a little too fast. Today has been great to just be very present in every moment before moving on to the next. Hopefully, this time I will remember to stay that way! smile
Posted By: Maxwell Re: Today i am grateful for... - 12/05/07 12:48 AM
My health....one of my colleagues is fighting breast cancer - I've been helping with her workload - it really brings it home - we often take our health for granted.
I'm grateful for my life generally - health, happiness, peace of mind and security.
I get home from work, call my mother for a chat, enjoy a glass of wine and sit by the open fire (during winter) or on the back deck at this time of year. (with my cats)
I like to relax and listen to music - often, lighting a candle or two and/or some Japanese incense - I also, enjoy cooking.
My DH said the other night - he walked in and was surrounded by nice cooking smells and music - he walked onto the deck and said, "Gee, I love coming home"....
I feel the same way...
Posted By: dido1enzo2kiko3jan4 Re: Today i am grateful for... - 12/05/07 02:26 AM
Yes, life is just wonderful...
Today, I am grateful for being able to log in here. I have been trying for days now but since I only had a yahoo account I couldn't enter. I signed in on another email account but there was no confirmation coming in that email. Thank God I finally got a new email wherein my confirmation to join this site came in. And for this I am most grateful.
Like you it feels like coming home.
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 12/05/07 05:48 AM
That's very sweet. Welcome!
Posted By: haridas Re: Today i am grateful for... - 12/05/07 07:30 AM
I will be getting CVDs of James herriot. Grateful to buy.com
Posted By: dido1enzo2kiko3jan4 Re: Today i am grateful for... - 12/05/07 08:24 AM
Thank you so much for the welcome. Thank you for this site. I have been looking for a forum just like this one for a long, long time now. And that is why I said it feels like coming home because I know I do belong here.
Posted By: haridas Re: Today i am grateful for... - 12/05/07 10:38 AM
Most of the members are very friendly here. Welcome.
Posted By: babyquacker Re: Today i am grateful for... - 12/05/07 03:17 PM
Today, I am grateful for the safe trip to Oklahoma and back home.

I am grateful to have my mother with me for another Christmas.

I am grateful to hear all the gracious comments here about family and friends.

Trish
Posted By: Sue Early Childhood Re: Today i am grateful for... - 12/05/07 06:11 PM
Trish having your mom with you for Christmas is an amazing blessing! I do not know what I would do without my mom! So today I am grateful that your are getting to spend time with your mother! Enjoy!
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 12/06/07 12:22 AM
I'm grateful Trish is back, and that many other people are here, too.
Posted By: Lady J Re: Today i am grateful for... - 12/06/07 12:59 AM
I am grateful for friends who will drop erverything to come help you when you are in need. My car wouldn't start this morning and a friend came this afternoon not worrying about anything else on her day off to try to help me. Her husband will be here tonight after work to look at the car then because we couldn't get it to jump.

And tomorrow if I cannot get the car started tonight, she will carpool with me going 8 miles out of her way to help me.
Posted By: dido1enzo2kiko3jan4 Re: Today i am grateful for... - 12/06/07 02:11 AM
Thanks, haridas.
Posted By: dido1enzo2kiko3jan4 Re: Today i am grateful for... - 12/06/07 02:23 AM
Hello Trish,
It is wonderful to know how much you love your mother.
Old as I am, married and with 3 sons and a daughter, I still wish I have my mother with me. But that is not possible because she died a long time ago.
So, I am also grateful that you can be with your mother.

My name is Lita.
Posted By: dido1enzo2kiko3jan4 Re: Today i am grateful for... - 12/06/07 11:58 PM
Today I am grateful that I have sisters who have always been by my side specially in my times of financial needs.
Posted By: Sandra Heinzelmann Re: Today i am grateful for... - 12/07/07 12:12 PM
...the story I read in a magazine this morning: A woman's dream fulfilled after 10 years of waiting. When she had given up someone came, read her screen play, loved it and supproted her to make the movie.

I love encouraging examples and to spread the word.
Posted By: Lady J Re: Today i am grateful for... - 12/07/07 05:22 PM
Today I am grateful that my car was fixed. They delivered it to me at 5:30 this morning after being straqnded in a snow storm last night until about 1:30 am and then it took them 2 hours at 10 mph to drive the car (pull it with a chain behind a truck) 10 miles from my town to theirs.

I am so grateful to Missy and her Hubby who took time out of their life to help me, a friend in need, even before I could pay for the part.

I am also thankful their truck that broke down in the snow storm finally started this morning when I called her and that her flat tire can be fixed today so she can have a car.
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 12/11/07 07:47 AM
Thank you for sharing that about your friends. It makes me smile.

I'm very glad for my friends, too. Sometimes i exasperate them, i think. But they are very good to me.

And i did okay today, and i'm glad of that. Like many people, it isn't an easy time of year for me. Each day that i manage is a good thing.

I got some things accomplished today, including paying my bills (which i hate doing, so that feels good to have it done), and finishing a Christmas present. It was a simple day.

And i have a good cup of tea here to warm me before bed.
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 12/12/07 06:48 AM
Today i am grateful for the many wonderful people who influence my life today.

Also for my cat, who doesn't like cat treats but who will eagerly stand on his back legs for a raisin, and who pats my feet when i walk by.

And for good books.
Posted By: haridas Re: Today i am grateful for... - 12/12/07 07:07 AM
I am grateful to my wife who gave me some memorable moments of my life. The best.
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 12/12/07 07:45 AM
That's lovely.
Posted By: Sue Early Childhood Re: Today i am grateful for... - 12/12/07 02:22 PM
No freezing rain yeah! Snow tomorrow, even better!
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 12/13/07 06:28 AM
My students. Apples. Magazines.
Posted By: Sue Early Childhood Re: Today i am grateful for... - 12/13/07 05:44 PM
SNOW - Lots of it!!
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 12/14/07 06:07 AM
Another day. A good supper. Pretty yarn.
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 12/15/07 06:41 AM
I made a small cake today... experimenting with ingredients. I think it turned out well but i won't taste it until tomorrow.

I'm grateful for music.
Posted By: dido1enzo2kiko3jan4 Re: Today i am grateful for... - 12/15/07 06:56 AM
I am grateful for being blest with a family filled with love and laughter.
Posted By: haridas Re: Today i am grateful for... - 12/15/07 07:04 AM
I am thankful to God to help me repent my mistakes.
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 12/15/07 09:16 PM
haridas, we all make mistakes. They are learning experiences. Be kind to yourself and focus on what you wish to do now.
Posted By: haridas Re: Today i am grateful for... - 12/17/07 06:32 AM
Thankful for the clean air god gives.
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 12/18/07 05:15 AM
I'm thankful for homemade bread, for the herbs growing on my windowsill and the paperwhites growing on my table, and hearing from friends.
Posted By: Lady J Re: Today i am grateful for... - 12/18/07 06:06 AM
I am thankful for the opportunity to have a job and be able to afford the life I am currently living even if it is hard at times to be poor but rich at the same time ;0)
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 12/18/07 06:18 AM
hahaha. I'm poor but rich, too!
Posted By: Sue Early Childhood Re: Today i am grateful for... - 12/18/07 01:58 PM
Me Too, we should form a club. I bet we would have a lot of members!
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 12/18/07 06:36 PM
I think you're RIGHT!!! laugh

But we are lucky, really... all of us.
Posted By: Sue Early Childhood Re: Today i am grateful for... - 12/28/07 04:18 PM
A PM that made me smile.

Beautiful weather.

Having just enough of what is needed.
My family.

Being able to express myself through writing.

My cats. (Really, they are great writing partners.)
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 12/31/07 04:22 AM
I am grateful when others post what they are grateful for, for it makes me smile.

I love the soft glow and comforting smell of scented candles.

I'm grateful for long hair, which reminds me of my sister.
Posted By: babyquacker Re: Today i am grateful for... - 12/31/07 05:11 AM
I'm grateful that you posted, Holly. I am grateful for friends like you.

I am grateful for family and good health, too.

Trish
Posted By: Sue Early Childhood Re: Today i am grateful for... - 12/31/07 01:47 PM
I am grateful for my family

for my friend who drove me to work so I wouldn't have to drive in the snow.

For my friends here, I hope you all have a wonderful New Year! Be safe!
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 01/02/08 05:32 AM
Yes, the snow has finally arrived here, too, Sue. It snowed all day and i didn't go out to shovel until evening, and much to my surprise, there were only a couple inches of snow. A little more now.

I'm grateful for friends here at Bella, too. I'm glad i made a little progress today organizing and tossing. And i made a nice supper. Soon i will get into a hot bath with a good book to warm up before bed.
Posted By: Sue Early Childhood Re: Today i am grateful for... - 01/02/08 04:27 PM
Today I am grateful for the heat in my house! it is FREEZING outside. Wish the dog didn't have to go out, I would be grateful if he knew how to use the toilet lol!
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 01/03/08 12:06 AM
hahhaahah!

Did you remember when they used to advertise on t.v. a program to teach your cat to use the toilet? The problem is, i don't think they taught them how to flush! LOL.
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 01/04/08 05:24 AM
Today i am glad that i finished knitting my lace scarf. Tomorrow morning i will weave in the loose ends and block it and be able to wear it to the knitting group.

I'm glad to know R, who has always been a steady friend since i met him, and for the chance to read his novel in manuscript form, which i was just doing tonight!

And i am also very glad that someone's health has improved, and i hope very much that continues.

Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 01/05/08 04:52 AM
I wish you guys could see this. I set a paper bag with handles down on my bed. My cat... always attracted to paper bags... wants to see what is inside and seems to like the smell of it's contents. Only he put his head through the handle of the bag to reach down in the bag, and didn't quite like the close quarters so he pulled his head out and then tried it again through the handle. I started laughing as he pulled his head out again and then he tried to get in through the handle and put his foot through it too. Stupid cat! So the cat of course then tries pulling out when he can't go ahead further, but he's caught and i start laughing harder, and the cat was clearly looking embarrassed, and he bolted taking the bag with him. laugh
Posted By: Lady J Re: Today i am grateful for... - 01/05/08 02:56 PM
Today I am grateful for the ability to check in with my friends even if I don't have a working computer at home. I am also thankful for a wonderful job I enjoy even at it's hardest times.
Posted By: BoomerGal Re: Today i am grateful for... - 01/05/08 03:26 PM
Today I'm grateful for all the wonderful ideas that are coming to me to try in the New Year. I just got over a cold, my energy is returning and I'm ready for the new year!
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 01/06/08 12:27 AM
smile

Good to hear from you, Jase! I hope you are back soon.

What kinds of new ideas, Green?

I usually think of what i am grateful for at the end of the day, but teaching today was such a good day. I had a new student in the morning, and she is lovely, and when a few more students came in we were all very merry and joking around and the new student had such a great time. K came in for help on her lace and it was an involved job fixing it, but by showing her how i fix things she now understands knitting much better and we both felt her knitting skills greatly improved today.

I've had my supper and i'm relaxed and ready to start on the evening's work.
Posted By: babyquacker Re: Today i am grateful for... - 01/06/08 04:55 AM
Great story about your cat and the bag, Holly! laugh

Jase, is your computer acting up again? I hope the ones who were able to fix it last time can repeat their miracle again. wink

Green, I'm glad that your cold is going away. smile

Today I am grateful that my back is finally feeling better. It seems to also be making my mood better. wink I am grateful for friends I have met on Bella. smile I am grateful tomorrow is a day of rest! I am relaxed, too, but I am ready to go to bed, so "Good Night, Ladies; Good Night Gentlemen; I'm going to leave you now." It seems like a lot of music and songs have been popping in my head lately! I'm grateful for that, too! laugh

Trish
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 01/06/08 07:13 AM
I think Jase said the computer finally died. Jase, remember you can get internet access through public libraries. I've done that when my internet has gone down.

I am also grateful for friends, tomorrow will be a day for cooking and staying home, and i'm glad you're feeling better, Trish!

Posted By: babyquacker Re: Today i am grateful for... - 01/06/08 10:49 PM
Thanks, Holly! smile I hope your cooking turned out good.

Today I am grateful for warmer weather and a day of rest. wink

Trish
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 01/07/08 12:32 AM
Yes, the warmth is nice. I walked to get groceries. The soup came out well, but i'm still waiting on the bread which for some reason is slow to rise today.

I hope everyone else here at Bella is also doing well.
Posted By: Lady J Re: Today i am grateful for... - 01/07/08 09:01 PM
New ideas for my life, my business, my art, and plans in general.

Also thinking of improvements to make to the house when it finally becomes mine like adding in recycled denim insulation or even stable bio foam insulation to stop all possible air leaks. New windows wo replace my old single pane horribly inefficient ones. Then more user and drought friendly plantings outside and adding less lawn and more native prairie plantings since I am in the prairie.
Posted By: Lady J Re: Today i am grateful for... - 01/07/08 09:06 PM
yeah the public library is ok... and i am saying that with as much sarcasm as humanly possible. we have to sign up for an hour slot almost a week ahead of time to be able to use it. then there are people looking over your shoulders and I hate it. Hoepfully I get my w2 soon so I can efile and get my return in 7 days so I can purchase a new computer.

As for the company that did the miracle fix, well they cannot and wont fix it this time since it is obvious its an internal power surging problem since i went out and bought the 45 dollar mega surge protector strip and its perfectly still fine. They said they could hunt down the internal problem but since the machine is 5 years old and been through a lot already I should save the 50 dollars an hour fee and just buy a new one which I had planned already. i just wish the other one wouldn't have died in the process. I live paycheck to paycheck so saving is very hard. Hopefully i get my raise in april and things will improve some. I also have the opportunity to get a freelance wiritng job that will pay a minimum of 725 a month and that only requires writing one article every two weeks and 3 blog postings a week. I am hopefully going to be chosen to be the new guide for the women's hairstyling section at about.com... we shall see. I start my 14 day training and evalutation process on the 11th. Then they decide between me and 3 others who they will keep. The email from the interview peeps said they were impressed with my application article I wrote on proper professional pre-hairstyling etiquette.

keep your fingers crossed cause I could surly use the exrta 725 a month LOL
Posted By: Lynn_B Re: Today i am grateful for... - 01/07/08 09:24 PM
Today I am greatful that I finally have my workshop promo brochures back from the printer--and they're right this time. I'm greatful that all of the scheduling kinks have been worked out and I don't have anything double or triple booked any more. And I'm greatful that my day job has enough flexibility to allow me to simply take a day off when I need to crash--this lack of sleep thing is getting to me!

All will be well in 2008! Once I get the prep work for the workshops complete.
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: Today i am grateful for... - 01/07/08 09:36 PM
Today I'm great full for walking 2 miles
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 01/07/08 10:17 PM
Originally Posted By: Jase
New ideas for my life, my business, my art, and plans in general.

Also thinking of improvements to make to the house when it finally becomes mine like adding in recycled denim insulation or even stable bio foam insulation to stop all possible air leaks. New windows wo replace my old single pane horribly inefficient ones. Then more user and drought friendly plantings outside and adding less lawn and more native prairie plantings since I am in the prairie.

I will definitely cross my fingers you get that job, Jase. It does sound like a sweet deal!

Regarding your enviromentally sound changes to your place... i've been thinking about the same kind of improvements for my home, and i just thought i'd mention that i've decided rather than putting money first into replacement windows, i'm going to replace my furnace to a geo-thermal unit. If i replace the windows, i'm still using fossil fuels, plus, i'm still on the grid paying the utility company, and you know how they like to get their hands in our pockets! A geothermal system costs about 3x more than a new furnace, i hear, but i believe after that i'll be OFF THE GRID, for heat, anyway, plus... it's a renewable, ozone-friendly heat source in unlimited supply! AND... it even cools, too. I figure if i get that, it will be a LOT cheaper than replacing my windows (i have 30+ windows!) and i can have a warmer house than i would with the replacement windows. In my town the guy who's been doing the heating systems for most of us for 40 years got it for HIS home and loves it! I have another pair of acquaintences who got it and they said they should recoup their investment in just three years. So i would look and see if anyone does it in your area, and if it makes more sense for you than replacement windows. You could always get the windows, later, if you still wanted them.

Also, i've been thinking of ordering something i've seen on t.v... it's a draft stopper, but it's of different design. They send you 2 for $20, and i thought i would then see if i can make them for other doors and windows. It's different in that it goes on both sides of the door, so it moves when you open and close the door and fits more snuggly, and it also can be cut to perfect size. It's kind of figure 8 shaped, but i want to see what they stuff it with. I have a hunch it might be like that foam you use to insulate hot water pipes, and i even have some extra of that i could use to make my own.
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 01/07/08 10:19 PM
Lynn, i'm sorry to hear you aren't sleeping well. I hope that improves, soon. Good luck with the workshops! Very exciting!

And congrats Skyhaven for walking 2 miles! laugh Way to go!!!
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: Today i am grateful for... - 01/07/08 10:23 PM
Thanks Holly
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 01/08/08 05:53 AM
Today i received two unexpected phone calls. One was from my friend J in Switzerland, who is still waiting on her husband to sign the divorce papers so she can be done and come home. She is going to be my next house mate! I'm very happy about this. Now i have reason to work hard on the house.

The other phone call was from my second cousin, David. We've only met twice in my life and one of those times was when i was four years old. He and i both have an interest in genealogy, so we share with each other what we discover. He usually lives in Eilat (southern Israel) with his wife and several of their children, but his roots are in Minnesota and he is there now for several months on a job, and two of his grown children are in Minnesota now also.

Today i got some work done around the house (cleaning and minor repair jobs). It feels good to make a little progress.

I hope all of you are well.
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 01/09/08 06:24 AM
i made a little progress today. I'm grateful for good books to read for learning and pleasure. And for the rain.
Posted By: Sue Early Childhood Re: Today i am grateful for... - 01/09/08 01:41 PM
I am also grateful for the ability to ignore things that used to annoy me, I have been working hard on that.
Posted By: bahrain Re: Today i am grateful for... - 01/09/08 01:44 PM
I am grateful just for the ability to open my eyes each day and say "Hey, I am still here".

Each day is a new day and a new start, that's why they call it the present.
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 01/09/08 11:31 PM
Originally Posted By: Sue Early Childhood
I am also grateful for the ability to ignore things that used to annoy me, I have been working hard on that.

When you figure it out, please let me know how you do that! laugh
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 01/09/08 11:33 PM
Originally Posted By: bahrain
I am grateful just for the ability to open my eyes each day and say "Hey, I am still here".

Each day is a new day and a new start, that's why they call it the present.

I agree with you. And i'm glad you're still here, too.
Posted By: bahrain Re: Today i am grateful for... - 01/09/08 11:39 PM
Thank you Holly. That is so sweet of you. I'm glad you're still here too.
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 01/10/08 06:23 AM
I am grateful for tea, mittens, and my cat.
Posted By: BillieCat Re: Today i am grateful for... - 01/11/08 04:26 PM
Coffee with Irish Creme creamer!
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 01/11/08 06:01 PM
mmmmmm laugh I hope you brought enough for everyone!
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 01/12/08 05:03 AM
Today i am grateful for onions and garlic, that make many a meal great. For being able to see R before she heads back to college and being around her enthusiasm. I'm glad that some of my friends have improving health, and hope the others will, too.
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 01/14/08 12:20 AM
I'm surprised no one has posted in this section yet today. I hope this means everyone has had a fantastic day!!!

I've been gone all day and it's been a great day. I taught breadmaking today. We were doing French Baguettes. Most of the ladies are my knitters and everyone had so much fun!!!! Everyone's bread came out wonderfully, and we had soup and fresh bread dipped in olive oil, parmesan and herbs, or with tomato relish. We knit and talked while letting the bread rise. I talked them through following the same method to make Italian bread, pizza dough, or focaccia. They will now practice for a month and then next month we will make a basic honey whole wheat bread. They had such a good time that i'm expecting even more students next time.

Then three of us went on an expedition to a yarn shop and we were there about an hour. I came home with "goodies."

I am glad to be home now and believe it or not... tonight i need to make bread. You see, it was so yummy, that they ate all mine! LOL. They each have their own baguette to take home and share, but i'm the only one who has none. But i like making bread so it's really no trouble.

I hope everyone had a good day and can find things for which to be thankful.
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 01/15/08 03:42 AM
I am glad that when the second t.v. died today it at least didn't start to catch on fire... LOLOLOLOLOL!

What IS IT with me and t.v.'s this month??? laugh

I am glad today that i've gotten a lot of organizing done.

I'm glad to have heard from friends today.

We had light snowfall today, so it actually feels like winter... that can be good. We haven't had so much of it this year that i'm tired of it yet!

I hope all of you are well and happy.
Posted By: BillieCat Re: Today i am grateful for... - 01/15/08 01:40 PM
I am grateful that I can see, hear, and walk!!!
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: Today i am grateful for... - 01/15/08 01:55 PM
I'm great full that its not snowing again today
Posted By: Sue Early Childhood Re: Today i am grateful for... - 01/18/08 08:45 PM
I am grateful that it is Friday
Posted By: Sue Early Childhood Re: Today i am grateful for... - 01/23/08 07:47 PM
Simple comforts, private jokes, puppy breath, and smiles from strangers.
Posted By: mommyword Re: Today i am grateful for... - 01/23/08 09:55 PM
that i had the day off ~
that there were groceries in the house ~
that my children were safe happy and healthy ~

Posted By: bahrain Re: Today i am grateful for... - 01/23/08 10:25 PM
I am grateful that both kids were actually out the door on time this morning.
and that the house is nice and peaceful for the moment.

I am also grateful for my new best friend on this forum. You know who you are.
Thanks for making everyday a great one for me.
Posted By: Sue Early Childhood Re: Today i am grateful for... - 01/24/08 03:02 PM
My job since so many are without.
The health of my family!
My Dog who is my shadow when I am home.
Posted By: babyquacker Re: Today i am grateful for... - 01/24/08 06:34 PM
Oh, Sue, I love the "dog who is my shadow when I am home". smile

I am grateful for my cat who thinks I am her mother and follows me around everywhere.

I am grateful for my family, their health and happiness.

I am grateful for Bella and friends here.

Trish

Posted By: Sue Early Childhood Re: Today i am grateful for... - 01/24/08 09:16 PM
oh yeah, I am grateful for my Bella friends too!!

I have a cat too, but he only wants someone's attention if he's hungry lol.
Posted By: babyquacker Re: Today i am grateful for... - 01/24/08 10:53 PM
hahaha laugh My cat acts like that to everybody else in my family, too. It just aggrevates my son so much because he just loves our "Kelly". She's about 14 now.

Today, I am grateful for my husband who just made us pizza. It is SOOO good!

Trish
Posted By: bahrain Re: Today i am grateful for... - 01/24/08 11:10 PM
I am grateful that the sun is finally shining today. May sound crazy, but where I live, that golden thing in the sky is very rare.

I am also extremely grateful to be a woman considering that men are way to complicated. LOL

Posted By: Sue Early Childhood Re: Today i am grateful for... - 01/25/08 01:25 PM
bahrain - I second that, Men are very complicated. why is it that the common joke for comedians is about understanding women. I understand women perfectly fine!lol

today I am grateful for the oatmeal I am about to eat, it smells realy good - cna you smell it - cinnamon and apple yum!
Posted By: bahrain Re: Today i am grateful for... - 01/25/08 04:29 PM
Right on target Sue. That oatmeal does sound pretty yummy right now.

This morning, I am grateful for this nice hot cup of coffee with cream and sugar that will get me through a morning of teaching music lessons.

Posted By: Coach_Kim_L Re: Today i am grateful for... - 01/25/08 04:43 PM
Hi everyone!

I'm grateful for my snug warm house,
my little heater which is keeping me cozy,
my XM radio which is playing in the background,
high speed internet,
my amazing family and friends,
being here on Bella and all the wonderful people I will meet and friends / connections I will make!

I love gratitude... it's so powerful! And I'm so glad I've found this thread! Great being here!

Love to All,
Kim
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: Today i am grateful for... - 01/25/08 04:45 PM
I had oatmeal with honey,
I am great full for walking another 2 miles this morning and not giving up
Posted By: Sue Early Childhood Re: Today i am grateful for... - 01/26/08 02:56 PM
today I am grateful for the gas fireplace my boss installed in my office yesterday. It was nice coming in and "lighting" a fire. I may not get much done staring at the fireplace lol.
Posted By: bahrain Re: Today i am grateful for... - 01/26/08 03:41 PM
Today I am grateful that the power came back on. Extremely high winds and snow since late last night.

I am also grateful for living on a remote island that cannot be reached by any other way except by boat or plane.
It's much more peaceful and laid back.
Posted By: BillieCat Re: Today i am grateful for... - 02/25/08 04:23 PM
I am grateful that my husband passed his kidney stone after four days of agony!
Posted By: Sue Early Childhood Re: Today i am grateful for... - 02/25/08 05:54 PM
Oh man BillieCat I feel bad for him, and you. Hopefully he is feeling better!

today I am grateful for sunshine!!!
Posted By: BillieCat Re: Today i am grateful for... - 02/25/08 06:00 PM
Thanks Sue!

I am also grateful for sunshine here in PA - to melt this snow!
Posted By: Lady J Re: Today i am grateful for... - 02/25/08 09:00 PM
I am grateful for time with friends and time to develop new friendships while also developing myself.

I am also grateful for the courage to do the things I do and to be able to be an inspiration and help to others by telling them the information they need to hear without sugar coating or force feeding them.

ps. i just got back from my anual conference for glbt students and had a blast and presented a workshop that was ravely reviewed and accepted.
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: Today i am grateful for... - 02/25/08 09:23 PM
Way to go Jase,
I'm grateful that i'm still walking,and i haven't given up (yet)
and for the people here on bella that encourage me, to keep on walking
Posted By: M o e Re: Today i am grateful for... - 02/26/08 12:54 AM
Today, I'm grateful for:

Breaks that work.
HighSpeed Internet.
Warm kitties.
People who hold doors open.
Puppies that don't bark.

Have a nice evening everyone!
Posted By: Sue Early Childhood Re: Today i am grateful for... - 02/26/08 06:59 PM
Well, I don't know about you BillieCat, but here comes the snow again! Hopefuly it won't stick around too long!

Jase great job at your conference

Rosie - go girl!! Keep up that walking!!!

Moe - that was a nice list!

Today I am grateful for the friends and family I have!
Posted By: BillieCat Re: Today i am grateful for... - 02/26/08 07:02 PM
Then Sue, I am grateful the snow hasn't come down from your county to my county!!!
We may have some Friday, so I won't think about that yet.
Posted By: Sue Early Childhood Re: Today i am grateful for... - 02/29/08 02:29 PM
Well BillieCat - We are getting 4-6" tonight, how about you.

I am grateful for the snow, hopefully it won't be a rainy summer!
Posted By: BillieCat Re: Today i am grateful for... - 02/29/08 02:35 PM
About 3" - I am right below the Lehigh Valley - still in Bucks County, but we are in the valley a bit so we get the most in the county.
It will start about 5pm tonight. Last Friday we got 5".
It has still been a winter with less snow than usual! I am grateful for that!
Posted By: Sue Early Childhood Re: Today i am grateful for... - 02/29/08 02:46 PM
I would rather have snow than the ice and sleet storms we have been getting - We did get about 5" last Friday also, but then it turned to freezing rain so it just really made a mess. That I could do without! I am ready for warm weather now. I play softball, so this time of year I get itchy to get outside and play!
I'm grateful for warmer weather, learning about new(old) music that I really like, and having a loving family. I feel very blessed!
Posted By: Phyllis Doyle Burns Re: Today i am grateful for... - 02/29/08 02:55 PM
Being able to get out of bed.
Seeing a child smile and be open with me at school! And getting home from work!!LOL!
Posted By: Sue Early Childhood Re: Today i am grateful for... - 03/01/08 01:44 PM
I am grateful that it is now March..

The sun will come out tomorrow,
bet you bottom dollar that tomorrow
there'll be sun....

Aren't you glad you can't actually hear me singing lol!!
Posted By: Cate - Home Finance Re: Today i am grateful for... - 03/01/08 02:00 PM
Okay, except that when I look out my window it's snowing!! And it's been doing it since 7 o'clock last night.

And we just got 10 inches on Tuesday. It's up to our first-floor windows.

BUT that cheery song will now stick with me all day, and I know it's just a matter of four months and I'll be wearing flip-flops again! Yay!

Thanks Sue!

:-) Cate
Posted By: Sue Early Childhood Re: Today i am grateful for... - 03/01/08 02:28 PM
Hi Cate - Wow I haven't seen you here in a while! How has the winter treated you? Hope all is well!

Yes flip flop season is coming - I guess I better start working on the pedicure!!
Posted By: starr Re: Today i am grateful for... - 03/02/08 12:25 AM
I am grateful that it is a beautiful sunny saturday. That always gives my spirit a boost.
Posted By: Lady J Re: Today i am grateful for... - 03/02/08 12:42 AM
today I am grateful that the "excess fat" was trimmed at work (we had an employee leave us), our staff meeting went well, my day went well, and tomorrow I am OFF!
Posted By: Phyllis Doyle Burns Re: Today i am grateful for... - 03/02/08 12:58 AM
Being able to play basketball with my grandson.
Posted By: M o e Re: Today i am grateful for... - 03/02/08 03:34 AM
I am grateful that I got all the snow shoveling done before DH got home from his camping trip. Dang it was heavy. I can't believe how much we got last night. There's something to be said for single car driveways and not using the back door. The dog however had a blast. She had a snow bath, dug holes, caught snowballs.

I am grateful that it stopped snowing and the sun came out.

I'm grateful that DH is back.

I am grateful for hot water and soft sheets and green tea.

I am grateful for the oven. (can you imagine cooking a roast on in a fire pit?)
Posted By: hollyelise Re: Today i am grateful for... - 04/16/08 11:17 PM
laugh That's a good point! I love to cook and bake... we are lucky to have modern conveniences.

Today i am grateful for spring and the beautiful day today. The sun was shining and i went for a very long walk. The flowers are coming up and the birds are singing. I hope everyone here at Bella is well. smile
Posted By: Sharon M Re: Today i am grateful for... - 04/17/08 12:28 AM
I am grateful for the sunshine and warm weather. I'm a much happier/nicer person when the sun is shinning.

I thought I'd resurrect this thread on 'being grateful' as Gratitude is such a powerful force. There are not many things in life that can move people to tears or to great joy in a split second! (JOY)
Posted By: Astera Re: Today i am grateful for... - 05/19/11 08:03 AM
Today I am grateful for:
- my roommates gave me wedding gifts;
- the surprise flowers sent to me by my husband;
- my husband for always being there for me;

Originally Posted By: Astera
Today I am grateful for:
- my roommates gave me wedding gifts;
- the surprise flowers sent to me by my husband;
- my husband for always being there for me;
Hi Astera, have you just got married then? (JOY)
Posted By: AprilAlisaMarquette Re: Today i am grateful for... - 05/25/11 02:37 PM
Joy, what a great idea.

Today I am grateful for:
-life
-love
-the opportunity to do what I love...writing, and to meet lovely people like the editors at Bella Online. What a great community!
Posted By: .... Re: Today i am grateful for... - 05/25/11 05:53 PM
Today I am grateful for:

Jane's article: http://forums.bellaonline.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/690229/Re_New_Article_My_First_Pow_Wo#Post690229

Phyllis' article: http://forums.bellaonline.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/690370/Mud_Puddles#Post690370

to be alive
the sky
the trees
the air on my skin
the sun on my hair
all of the terrific new friends here on the forum!
Posted By: .... Re: Today i am grateful for... - 05/27/11 04:47 PM
At the risk of sounding conceited, I just saw a pic of me 4 years ago, chasing money, make up, and possessions; before I found my Joy, Ancestors and self-esteem. Then I put the pic next to a current one of me. I never realized how angry I was until I saw the difference in expressions..
I am grateful for all that's happened in my life. I am grateful that I found this forum!
Posted By: Lori - Marriage Re: Today i am grateful for... - 05/27/11 04:59 PM
You are not being conceited! Thank you for sharing this great experience and revelation.

You're absolutely right that your current pic shows a much more joyful being. Isn't it interesting, too, that in this pic, the lighting is symbolic? There is light shining upon you.

You exude joy and hope!

My goodness, if you didn't tell me, I would know that these pics are of the same person. Congratulations! What a wonderful life revelation! I applaud you in your expanded awareness and understanding. And thank you for sharing this so others may learn!
Posted By: Lori - Marriage Re: Today i am grateful for... - 05/27/11 05:02 PM
I am grateful for dreams. They play an important role in my life. Sometimes, they allow my brain to dump, store or process my waking life experiences. Other times, they are portals to the spiritual realms. Most of the time, they are symbols and when interpreted, they reveal helpful messages.

Cherish your dreams!
Posted By: ExerciseEditor Re: Today i am grateful for... - 05/27/11 06:30 PM
You do look much happier now than then. Good for you!

Today I am grateful for my period because that means I don't have to be on it all next week when I'm hiking in the Rockies. Wooohooo!!! Thank you cycle for always being on time.
Posted By: .... Re: Today i am grateful for... - 05/27/11 06:36 PM
You're going hiking in the Rockies next week! Oh be sure to take pics and tell us all about it! Have a blast!
Posted By: ExerciseEditor Re: Today i am grateful for... - 05/27/11 06:44 PM
Thanks, I will be posting pics on my workout blog when I get back so I'll link from my exercise forum.

I'm also grateful that I'm going with my boyfriend who is the coolest travel partner in the universe. He is fun, laid back, and doesn't get all bent out of shape when things don't go according to plan.
Posted By: Lori - Marriage Re: Today i am grateful for... - 05/30/11 04:19 PM
Today, I am grateful for all those dedicated soldiers who so selflessly gave their lives to defend freedom.

Thank you, and may the rest of us live to make your sacrifice worthwhile.
Originally Posted By: AprilAlisaMarquette
Joy, what a great idea. Today I am grateful for:
-life
-love
-the opportunity to do what I love...writing, and to meet lovely people like the editors at Bella Online. What a great community!

Hi April, yes, it is indeed a wonderful community...very sharing, loving and giving. (JOY)
© BellaOnline Forums