BellaOnline
I am reading a great book excerpt given to me at the recent SHRM conference. The book is called Change Anything. It talks about how we blame our inability to change (weight, smoking, etc...) on willpower and that is false - because it does not give us anything to fall back on when we fail. It's known as the "willpower trap".

The authors state the reason why we are not as successful as others is not just because of willpower. Those who succeed "innately or consciously" actively align "sources of influence" in their favor. The book is talking about the influencers of:
Personal Motivation
Personal Ability
Social Motivation
Social Ability
Structural Motivation
Structural Ability.

Wow..what an awesome book!
What if you can't see it? I know several people with no conscious visual imagination.
Good question, but I'm not sure I understand...So you're saying they can't set goals because they can not envision or visually change?
I personally have never met anyone like that, to me everyone I know has some goal, even if it's to be happy or cook a dinner at the end of the day. But great question and I look forward to the insight of other posters.

But it really is a good book - to me - about having the power to change.

Thanks! :-)
Quote:
Good question, but I'm not sure I understand...So you're saying they can't set goals because they can not envision or visually change?

Yes. To the extent that when working with them in trance all the suggestions and other therapy I do is completely inaccessible to their concious mind provided I work mainly with images.

Outside therapy this type of person makes a great musician, massage therapist, or martial artist. But frequently fails in business due to not being "Able to see the big picture" or "Take the long view".

It seems to be a best seller for inspiration. It's also has a point, if we have inner goal line, that's the best remedy. We can boost & augment with inner aspirations. If we posses self-capability & self-inspiration to achieve something, then there is nothing a "impossible" word. We can also observe the effective individuals; obtained huge status, are always motivated from within. If we have inner motivational levels high, we can endeavor difficult to also accomplish our objectives, further we will build confidence to achieve everything in life. There will not be a single person without goals & objective, even animals & birds have their goals. A housewife not operating at all will also have goal of raising kids & other household obligations. Even children will have their own goals like grades in exam, being institution prompt, being qualified with all peers etc. So, having inner targets & inner motivation to achieve them is the only indicates of achievement. Also, we should always love our efforts, as in we should be satisfied with our performance & have craving to further develop. Now for instance, i was able to even crack my exams with gud grades due to inner impetus. Success is one thing which is not instantaneously, you have to give your very best, pursuit your goals & pay attention to inner reaction.
© BellaOnline Forums