BellaOnline
Posted By: Anil Kumar Christian LifeStyle Views - 04/05/10 10:58 AM
A Christian lifestyle is a way of living every moment of our lives with Jesus Christ at the very center of our lives. It is easy to say, but difficult to do. We cannot put Christ at the very center without denying ourselves, putting aside some of our own inclinations and desires. Jesus made harsh comments about people putting family ahead of the kingdom of God. A Christian lifestyle is one that sees each person as a sister or brother in Christ. It is a lifestyle in which prejudices, generalizations, stereotypes, and labels disappear. We are freed by the grace of God, to see each person as a unique child of God who is loved, sustained and redeemed by God and worthy of a place in eternity. This life is one in which values, decisions, and choices reflect the presence of Christ. Some decisions are clearly right or wrong, clearly in accord with the way of Christ or clearly contrary to the will of the Lord. Christianity is about love, hope and faith in God and humanity. It is supposed to be a state of communication between man and God, practical between man and his fellow man.
Posted By: Lyn-Christian Lit Re: Christian LifeStyle Views - 04/05/10 01:43 PM
Anil, thank you for sharing. You are correct; denying self is difficult. Paul discusses these sort of struggles throughout the New Testament. It is by putting on the armor of God, staying in prayer, and connecting with church groups that we learn and grow. As we grow in our Christian walks and model the life that Christ lived, we can more clearly see people as Christ sees them. It is a prayer I begin my day with, "Lord, help me to see others as you do, to treat them with love and respect,and let my actions be a light...a shining example of Christianity."

Ok Group,
What does being a Christian mean to you?
How do you overcome difficulties in your daily walk?
Anything else you'd like to contribute?
Posted By: JMBusinessOwners Re: Christian LifeStyle Views - 04/07/10 01:39 AM
To me it means living the message in a way that shows the love of God. Allowing the very character and nature of Christ to be alive in my life.
© BellaOnline Forums