BellaOnline
Posted By: Bettyann - Christian Lit Dark Christian Thrillers - 07/09/08 11:12 PM
I just posted Adam by Ted Dekker today on the Christian Lit site. Do you like dark Christian? I do. Maybe it's because I've always liked true crime and FBI psycho thrillers.

Reading Adam was exciting. I was a little surprised by some of the twists and turns. Pretty scary story. Makes you wonder. I've got a few more dark Christian novels in my stack here, so stay tuned. Are there any you've read that you could vouch for?
Posted By: Vance - Crime Editor Re: Dark Christian Thrillers - 07/10/08 12:20 AM
What exactly is a dark Christian thriller? I am not familiar with this genre.
Hey, Vance. It's a novel, Christian based, that goes into the "dark" side, like evil, satan, etc. The paranormal I guess, but in the end Christianity reigns. God triumphs over evil. In this case, Adam, the hero is confronted with a serial killer who believes he is satan, or working under satan's influence. It's never certain whether he really is or isn't, or if he's just mentally ill. Strange things happen in the book that make you wonder how they could have happened.

It's the proverbial good against evil. Kind of like Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings, only set in mostly modern times.

For instance Adam reads as fast and as riveting as any of Steven Spielberg's books, minus the bad language. And you don't even notice it's missing. And in the end, there's a Christian moral of some sort. Hope this helps.
Posted By: Vance - Crime Editor Re: Dark Christian Thrillers - 07/11/08 03:50 PM
It helps. Thank you. I was just not familiar with the genre.
© BellaOnline Forums