BellaOnline
Stepford Wives almost takes the trophy, in my opinion (I haven't see Conan the Barbarian yet :-)). What remake do you consider the worst ever?

Stepford Wives (2004)
Posted By: Craig58 Re: What's your worst remake ever? - 10/22/11 02:57 PM
Planet of the Apes (2001) it can't be better than the 1968 version
Posted By: Dianne W - Editor Re: What's your worst remake ever? - 03/10/12 01:52 PM
Craig58, I am right there with you. NOTHING compares to the original movies. I didn't even watch the series when it came out way back. I really didn't like the Planet of the Apes that came out last summer...to many really bad "special effects" and the ending was silly. I was waiting for a big uprising that never happened. I was really looking forward to it too!

Even though the Mark Walhberg version appeared to be set for sequal it didn't happen. I'm wondering if the Rise of the Planet of the Apes will do the same.
Posted By: Craig58 Re: What's your worst remake ever? - 03/20/12 03:14 PM
It is not a scifi movie, but one movie I hated to see they made a remake of was "Flight of the Phoenix". The (1965) original movie starred Jimmy Stewart, Richard Attenborough, George Kennedy and Ernest Brognine. How can you beat a cast like that on one of the best survival movies ever made? The original was even nominated for two Oscars. Why remake such a cinema classic? I have never seen the remake and I never want to, the original is too good.
Agreed, Craig, some movies were perfect first time round and remaking them is redundant and arrogant.
BUT - while I agree that Rise of the Planet of the Apes really had no connection with the originals, Dianne, I was blwon away by Andy Serkis. My review is here:

Rise of the Planet of the Apes

Gail,

I actually really enjoyed this movie as well. It was better than I expected. You did a great review also.
Posted By: Dianne W - Editor Re: What's your worst remake ever? - 03/21/12 02:18 AM
My sister loved the movie too - I guess, I'm just an old school die-hard, Planet of the Apes fan.

Great article by the way! I liked the way you shared the good and the bad. Well done!!!
© BellaOnline Forums