BellaOnline
Posted By: ScottyGirl Grocery Shopping Tip - 07/13/09 08:07 PM
Anyone else get stressed out on days when you have a ton of errands and also have to stop at the grocery store. A great tip from a Scott Common Sense member is to try keeping a cooler in the trunk to make sure your frozen foods stay frozen especially during the hot summer months.
Posted By: Mexican Food Editor Re: Grocery Shopping Tip - 07/21/09 03:28 AM
This is a great tip. I try to keep a cooler in the car all summer just for this purpose.
Posted By: ScottyGirl Re: Grocery Shopping Tip - 07/22/09 04:28 PM
I agree it can't hurt to keep a cooler in the car just in case.
Posted By: jainscott Re: Grocery Shopping Tip - 02/05/10 04:43 AM
I agree with you ...Thanks for sharing a great tip ...Keep going on ...
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: Grocery Shopping Tip - 02/05/10 08:28 AM
My sister and I have been doing the cooler tip for years, we each have our own,in the back of her car,
Which is great for the ice cream n other frozen items
Posted By: fithealthymom Re: Grocery Shopping Tip - 07/08/10 10:36 AM
Wow, thanks for the tip. Never thought of that. Would be especially helpful when out with the kids as well.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Grocery Shopping Tip - 03/29/11 01:21 AM
We don't use a cooler, but we have a large bag which is an insulated bag which is sort of the same thing. We bring it with us to the supermarket (in the car) and that way the items stay cold on the way home. If you're going to pay money for food you might as well protect it until you can eat it!
Posted By: Noemi Re: Grocery Shopping Tip - 04/26/11 12:29 PM
The insulated bag is a great idea, esp. if you don't take a car to do your grocery shopping. Thanks - will have to find one for the next trip to the grocery store!
Posted By: sundancer Re: Grocery Shopping Tip - 04/30/11 10:15 AM
I have insulated bags in my car and hubby's as well.
Sundancer
Embroidery Fashions Boutique
When it is hot and we are picking organic produce at the pick-it-yourself farm, we will often bring a cooler and insulated bags, so that food doesn't go bad while we are picking other crops.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Grocery Shopping Tip - 05/06/11 12:37 AM
Connie - that's a great idea, to keep everything as fresh as possible while you're in the process of gathering things.
I love really fresh food! I have some lamb's quarters growing in the back yard. This weekend, if time allows, I am going to steam them with fresh spinach.
Posted By: Jilly Re: Grocery Shopping Tip - 05/08/11 07:05 AM
I have two insulated bags as well that i bought from the Flylady website. They live in the car. smile
Posted By: Astera Re: Grocery Shopping Tip - 05/18/11 01:27 AM
That's a good idea. I also have one bag and a little box in my car, these are very useful.
© BellaOnline Forums