BellaOnline
Posted By: Athena_Marina Why worry? What me worry? - 06/15/08 09:58 AM
I am one of the BIGGEST WORRY WARTS I know. I really have to work on my positive thinking and I do and things do work out but then another thing comes along and I have to work on not worrying all over again.
My birthmother I think was is a worrier.
My adoptive mother was is DEFINATELY a worrier.
And so maybe neither genetics nor environment have helped here!
Plus it's just me.
Now I read through about 66 pages!! of replies to MSN's the best and worst things about having kids yesterday and on Friday. I don't know I just felt like it!
The dominant worst thing mentioned by parents was the constant worry. About the kids. Of COURSE that's natural, in fact maybe it would be a bad thing if they DIDN'T worry?! And I know not EVERYONE is a worry wort. But as I AM one ANYWAY I think I will child raising - even with all it's joys and cuddles (I get plenty of cuddles from the kids at work anyway!) a miss.
I have been told when I said I think raising kids would be stressful, "But it's a different KIND of stress."
I don't care. I have ENOUGH stress in my life THANK YOU!
Why worry more than I have to?
(Again, yes I REALISE not all parents are worriers, but I know my own temperament VERY well.)
Posted By: naz Re: Why worry? What me worry? - 06/16/08 07:56 PM
I know what you mean. This was a big reason for me also not to have kids. My mom is a worry wart and I wasn't when I was younger, but I find I get worse and worse as time goes on. My mom tells me how she would pace around all night waiting for me to come home on weekends when I was a teenager. I can't say she didn't have anything to worry about. She did. Just luckily nothing bad did happen. I just couldn't go through that and there are so many more risks and temptations for kids today than when I was a kid.
Posted By: yotagrl22re Re: Why worry? What me worry? - 06/16/08 09:54 PM
I agree with the worry part of things. I wouldn't really call myself a worry-wart, but I know when I am around my nephews I worry much more than normal, especially when they were babies. I used to have scarey dreams about them. I couldn't imagine what it would be like if they were my own. And I know that I made my parents worry like crazy in my teen years. No thanks for me either! wink
Posted By: Shnicky Re: Why worry? What me worry? - 06/16/08 11:29 PM
I know a pediatrician who refuses to have kids because he couldn't take it if something ever happened to one of them, like they were diagnosed with a terminal disease. I'm with you guys, too anxious to get through all the stress, and already have stress issues without kids!
Posted By: BexLA Re: Why worry? What me worry? - 06/20/08 10:32 PM
I think good parents probably do alot of worrying. It's enough to worry about the future with just my husband and I. Not having kids takes off some of the pressure of thinking about all the bad things that can happen in life. Like Yotagry described, I also worry about my niece and nephew. I love spending time with them, but I try to be so careful, like when driving, to make sure nothing happens.
© BellaOnline Forums