BellaOnline
Posted By: Angela P CF Alphabet Game - 04/02/08 03:14 PM
These games are quite catchy, in our forum and in others. How about an alphabet game based on the activities/hobbies/perks/states of mind we enjoy being CF?

I'll start.

A = After-hours adult activities
Posted By: KinderFrei Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/02/08 03:22 PM
B = Beer/Booze whenever we want to drink it!
Posted By: Pikasam Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/02/08 03:32 PM
C = candlelight dinner (X rated version).
Posted By: chattycat Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/02/08 03:37 PM
D = Dining out, without interruptions.
Posted By: BillieCat Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/02/08 03:51 PM
E = Excitement, in all areas :O)
Posted By: AlisonT Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/02/08 03:54 PM
F=Fulfilling life--however we choose to live it.
Posted By: flyingaway Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/02/08 03:56 PM
Cool! These games are fun.

G=Goals I don't have to give up
Posted By: Llyn Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/02/08 04:01 PM
H = Home being a quiet and peaceful place to relax and just chill.
Posted By: chattycat Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/02/08 04:09 PM
I= interesting conversations with friends
Posted By: Laura23 Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/02/08 04:38 PM
J = Journey anywhere we want, any time
Posted By: Encore DT Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/02/08 05:25 PM
K = Killer vacations with no responsibilities!!!
Posted By: BillieCat Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/02/08 05:36 PM
L = lots of lovin', all for me & my husband smile
Posted By: Laura23 Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/02/08 05:39 PM
M - more money in our bank account!
Posted By: LSUTiger00 Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/02/08 05:56 PM
N - Nights/weekend mornings that we are able to sleep without being interrupted by babies screaming/children wanting something.
Posted By: Angela P Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/02/08 07:47 PM
O = Occasional days of letting the housework go without feeling guilty you're not being the best role model/cook/maid
Posted By: M.B. Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/02/08 07:49 PM
P= Pets that receive the same unconditional love they give, with no little ones pulling their tails or causing them to end up in shelters.
Posted By: jhmd Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/02/08 07:54 PM
Q = Quints! As in giving birth to and raising quintuplets....something a CF person never has to worry about! Could you imagine?? Oh the humanity smile
Posted By: LSUTiger00 Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/02/08 07:55 PM
Excellent point, Myrabeth! I was hoping someone would bring up the whole bonus of being CF and really getting to give your animals the love and kindness they deserve without having to give up the time/attention you give them once kids come along! smile

Sorry to interrupt the game, but I just had to say that....
Posted By: Pikasam Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/02/08 07:59 PM
Originally Posted By: Angela P
O = Occasional days of letting the housework go without feeling guilty you're not being the best role model/cook/maid

Days? Er... how about months? :-)

R - is for reading a good book, something I would never have time to do with chilluns.
Posted By: lngilbert Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/02/08 07:59 PM
R - rest, relaxation, no regrets!
Posted By: lngilbert Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/02/08 08:00 PM
AH! Pika we posted at the same time.

S - Saving the environment!
Posted By: Froggy_Moo Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/02/08 08:04 PM
S- SEX!!! Anywhere, anytime!
Posted By: CF 4 Ever Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/02/08 08:11 PM
T- Tax refund that we can spend on ourselves!
Posted By: flyingaway Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/02/08 09:13 PM
U� Underwear, because we can hang around the house in our underwear (or less) smile
Posted By: DLEE67 Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/02/08 09:16 PM
V - Victorious, because we can live our lives free of brats!
Posted By: Pikasam Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/02/08 09:19 PM
W = weekends away, at the drop of a hat, no babysitter required.
Posted By: KinderFrei Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/02/08 09:53 PM
X = x-rated activities in the living room, kitchen, wherever/whenever we feel like it laugh
Posted By: AlisonT Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/02/08 09:55 PM
X= X-tra time to nurture relationships that are important to you.

Anyone got another X?
Posted By: CF 4 Ever Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/02/08 10:03 PM
X= X-rays: Because if you want kids, you need your head examined! wink

Posted By: flyingaway Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/02/08 10:07 PM
LOL!

X-Box- I will never have to fight with a kid who wants whatever new game system his friends have, and I will never spend money on them, have to monitor someone's hours on it, listen to shooting noises in my home....
Posted By: ki-akkil Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/02/08 10:11 PM
Xylophone: no need to feel compelled to put up with irritating toy instruments lest the little ones' musical talents be stunted.
Posted By: CF 4 Ever Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/02/08 10:21 PM
Y= Yo-yos: which I will not break my neck tripping over because there are no kids here to play with them. Plus, yo-yo tricks are really annoying...
Posted By: Sofie Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/02/08 10:32 PM
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ - that's me sleeping in until 10 on a Saturday......
Posted By: CFFB Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/03/08 10:29 AM
The alphabet's too short - I'm starting over again.

A - is for the Amazing experiences outside of the box that you can have as an unfettered person - travel, connections, exploration, personal development.
Posted By: Skeeter Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/03/08 10:39 AM
B - is for Bedroom ... I don't have to lock the door to enjoy my DW
Posted By: Malamutes own me Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/03/08 11:28 AM
C - is for Christmas where we get to wake up at a reasonable hour and the puppies get to wear their reindeer ears and play with their toys peacefully.
Posted By: Angela P Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/03/08 01:45 PM
D = DINKs!! (Double Income No Kids)
Posted By: CF_GAL Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/03/08 05:09 PM
E = Escape from our busy lives by taking a relaxing, peaceful vacation that we can afford because we saved all that money by not having kids!
Posted By: CF 4 Ever Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/03/08 05:27 PM
F= Freeedom to do what we want, whenever we want. No need to keep to a schedule.
Posted By: Llyn Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/03/08 05:32 PM
G = Grocery shopping without having to keep track of where your kids are, what they're doing, or having to try to maneuver a cart full of kids.
Posted By: CF 4 Ever Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/03/08 05:53 PM
H= House...which we were able to purchase in our mid-20's. But if we had kids, we'd never be able to afford to live in this neighborhood.
Posted By: Angela P Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/03/08 06:09 PM
I = Immaculate homes (if you're so proactive and like to keep an immaculate house) that won't have crayon lines on the walls, won't be torn apart or littered with toys.
Posted By: lngilbert Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/03/08 06:57 PM
J - Just Because - you can take a vacation Just Because. You can have a party Just Because. And you can have sex Just Because.
Posted By: KinderFrei Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/03/08 07:52 PM
H = hobby and hubby time anytime we want it!
Posted By: bassgrrl Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/04/08 12:39 AM
I = Independence
Posted By: TheBlonde135 Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/04/08 01:18 AM
J = Jager Bombs! At the bar or at home. Because I only have to take care of my stupid drunken self when I come to!
Posted By: AlisonT Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/04/08 01:25 AM
K = Kaput to your alone-time bathroom breaks.
Posted By: Lady J Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/04/08 01:27 AM
Laughing at the faces and franetic pace parents are while on vacation with their kids while we sit by the pool drinking our modern martinis
Posted By: Cookiecody Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/04/08 01:49 AM
M-

Mommy...never having to give up my name for that title, or hear it screeched across the house!

Cindy
Posted By: Malamutes own me Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/04/08 11:31 AM
N - is for Nerves. Mine are still intact unlike most parents' who have to deal with the munchkins all day.
Posted By: Anatasia Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/04/08 01:50 PM
O - opportunity to pursue our dreams without any anchors
Posted By: flyingaway Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/04/08 05:11 PM
P=Play dates...our parents just shoved us out the door and said "Go play." Nowadays, it's yet another scheduled activity and requires car trips and making social niceties to parents who you have to deal whether you want to or not. No thanks!!
Posted By: Llyn Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/04/08 05:33 PM
Q = Quality time with your spouse or partner without constant interruption and disruption.
Posted By: NotInterested Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/04/08 05:47 PM
R = Rest. What you don't get when kids wake you up at 6 am on weekends and keep going all day long.
Posted By: BillieCat Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/04/08 05:49 PM
T = tighter body smile
Posted By: BillieCat Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/04/08 05:49 PM
Oops -
I skipped S -

Sorry about that -
Posted By: BillieCat Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/04/08 05:51 PM
S = Self indulgence!
Posted By: *Juliana* Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/04/08 05:55 PM
S - Sex: whenever, wherever I want to! ;-)
Posted By: Manveri Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/04/08 05:59 PM
T - Time. More of it to spend on ourselves, with our partners, on our hobbies and pursuits
Posted By: Anatasia Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/04/08 06:12 PM
Undivided attention that we can bestow on our spouses!
Posted By: Llyn Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/04/08 06:14 PM
V = vacations to exotic corners of the globe, which we couldn't afford if we had kids.
Posted By: Runnergirl1980 Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/04/08 07:05 PM
W= Well-being---a life balanced the way we see fit!
Posted By: Angela P Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/05/08 02:31 AM
X = Xanadu

('zan-eh-du) n: a place (as a town or village) of idyllic beauty -- Webster's Ninth New Collegiate Dictionary

My Xanadu is the condominium on which I just threw down a contract tonight -- my very own utopia in one of Dallas' hottest areas to live, complete with swimming pool, tennis courts, and an automatic membership to the athletic club! I'm on cloud nine!! Could never do this with a sprog.
Posted By: Mike_e Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/05/08 03:01 AM
Thanks for starting this thread Angela.

I have got a sink full of dirty dishes. As usual, I am going skiing this weekend. I packed my lunches, dinner for tomorrow night and breakfast food for Sunday. I am reading this forum, e-mailing friends, reading internet sports pages. The dishes will get done whenever.
C-I can drive a compact SUV which gets 30 mpg instead of a gas guzzling SUV.
C-again- cookies. I baked cookies Tuesday night and didn't have to worry about Junior or Jemima eating too many.
D-Dinner. I was in Albuquerque on Weds & Thurs this week for a work related class. Since my big boss treated me to a hearty lunch & breakfast each day, I had sandwiches for dinner. I didn't get home until 6:30 each evening. I still had time for a 45 min hike & ski workout each evening.
G-I try to do a weekly grocery shopping after 8:00 pm or before 9:00 am. Far fewer kids at those hours.
J-I love telling dirty jokes. I have heard some good ones lately. PM me and I'll happily share.
L-lunch. I only have to pack my lunch and don't have to pack one for Junior & Jemima.
N-NO. Since I am known as Mr. No-Mr. no wife, no kids, no responsibilities. I like living to that nickname as much as possible.
No helping with homework.
No dirty diapers
No birthday parties
No parent teacher conferences
No expensive college tuition
No little league games, soccer games, school plays or other bs to screw up the weekend or take time off work for
S-snipped-So I can enjoy
spontaneous sex for the rest of my life without hassle or worry.
Posted By: CF 4 Ever Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/05/08 03:53 AM
Hey, Mike! That rocked!

Y- Years to enjoy retirement earlier than people with kids.
Posted By: Angela P Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/05/08 04:06 AM
WOW -- I never thought of that, Cherry -- we're in constant early retirement!! *CACKLE* That's awesome!

Rousing applause for Mike's post -- GREAT one!!
Posted By: CFFB Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/05/08 08:44 AM
Z- for Zoo visits, Fun parks, Playgrounds, and Family restaurants we DON'T have to spend our holidays obligated to do...
Posted By: CF 4 Ever Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/06/08 01:40 AM
Since this is the third A, I thought I'd give you three of them...

A= Adopting Abused Animals. Our two rescue pups are very good with children, but the rescues would not give them to families with kids because they're strong dogs who play rough. I can't imagine my life without our two precious Bull Dogs who required a lot of special care and attention at first. If we had kids, adopting these wonderful bundles of love would not have been an option for us.
Posted By: lngilbert Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/06/08 02:52 AM
Bank account never getting too low! And the savings account being built up for US, not to send Jr. to college!
Posted By: Pikasam Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/06/08 03:27 AM
C = chill out. Smooth jazz, a glass of wine, and the dogs, having been walked, are obliging asleep with no drama and no need for a bath or bedtime story.

Angela - congrats on the condo, you decadent thing! A fabulous place for your fabulous self!
Posted By: Pikasam Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/06/08 03:31 AM
D = dogs. My boys are my companions and friends, and will never have to be rehomed or neglected "because of the baby".
Posted By: fatina Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/06/08 04:21 PM
D = Dollars. More of them to spend on ME now and to save for ME for later on in life!
Posted By: flyingaway Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/07/08 04:00 AM
E= Entitlement moms....nuf said.
Posted By: fbrittt Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/07/08 05:18 AM
FREEDOM (it was said before, but deserves to be repeated!)
FRIVOLITY
quiet, relaxing nights by the FIREPLACE with no interruptions smile
Posted By: CFFB Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/07/08 10:29 AM
G = Guests, ie cool ones from other countries you can have to stay because you have a spare room...
Posted By: swearbear Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/25/10 02:08 AM
I'm reprising this thread because I'm bored...who'd have thought? Child free and STILL home bored on a Saturday night.;-) H-horror movies...as in...I can watch them without having to censor the violence and/or nudity.
Posted By: Capybara Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/25/10 09:08 AM
To add to H - Home, as in nice, clean and decorated the way you want it rather than sticky handprints and baby-proofed furniture!
Posted By: Dolyn Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/26/10 01:14 AM
I - Intelligence. As in, I can have discussions about many topics, not just "what little Suzie did today."
Posted By: Ellavemia Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/26/10 01:25 PM
I - Individuality - We can actually have some and not be "the mommy of little so-and-so".
Posted By: cream pie Re: CF Alphabet Game - 04/26/10 05:43 PM
Idle ~ as in - having some idle time e.g. "oh, I think I'll read this eve." instead of doing baby laundry, rocking baby to sleep,picking up toys and wiping fingerprints off windows,etc."

cp
© BellaOnline Forums