BellaOnline
This week we discuss overpopulation and how it relates to environmental concerns. What environmental issue concerns you the most?

Overpopulation and Environmental Concerns
I'm really concerned about the fast increase of human population and the gradual decrease of resources like food. Right now, I see a lot of homeless children who are very hungry, but I am hopeful that one day, those individuals who are capable of making positive changes can find ways to have abundant resources that can suffice the needs of all the people living here on Earth :)!
See...

I'm not. And what's important here is why?

First, you have the welfare system. Being on it, your food cards are refilled (if you will) depending on your last name.

Secondly, the welfare system basically gives you an increase in tax-payers dollars, the more children you have.

You also get a card for gas (specifically) or rather just cash for free spending and your housing, which in some states is what they call...Lotto. So, after 2-3 years of applying eventually you get a form that tells you to make an appointment.

Living in not one, but 3 of these places...why? Well I worked my (censored) off and it eventually became subsidized. So, the people who didn't work got to live what I paid $600.00 for practicaly nothing.

So, it's not a food shortage, it's an issue that goes far beyond that. And it starts with leaders.

When will you have a GOOD - POSITIVE influencing leader?

When they start living like you do and STOP with the outings, vacations and other millions of dollars worth of spending.

Over-population doesn't come from from someone that thinks it through. Over population, comes from people who don't and expect other people to pay for what their actions encure (sp).

Even being unemployed I don't qualify for food cards only because I live with friends and don't pay rent. It is insane. When I work I pay high taxes, but when I need the help I can't get it. The rules are very descriminatory. Thank you, leaders.....
what i dont understand is babies being born into extreme poverty and hopelessness. that seems so sad for the child. repeating the mistakes of childbirth in such poverty just makes the poverty so much worse. birth control needs to be in the equations somewhere.
© BellaOnline Forums