BellaOnline
Posted By: Phyllis Doyle Burns Emain Macha and Pagan Ceremonies - 06/04/11 04:38 AM
Hi Ian,

During research for my latest article, I came across a place in Ireland called Emain Macha. It is a mound that has been excavated and ancient artifacts found that indicate it may have been a sacred site for Druid and/or Pagan ceremonies. Do you know anything about this area?

My article is on Macha The Red. Emain Macha means "Macha's Twins". My article is at Curse of Macha The Red if you would like to read it to see what I am talking about. smile
Great article Phyllis - you KNOW how much I love Celtic Folklore LOL!!!

There are so many cool places in Ireland I'd REALLY like to visit - Emain Macha is one of them!
Posted By: Ninjahedgewych Re: Emain Macha and Pagan Ceremonies - 06/08/11 07:19 AM
This is a famous story in Celtic folklore but I've not had the chance to visit the actual place. I'll have a word with a Wizard I know who lives in Eire and see what he knows and if he has visited that area.

Certainly burial mounds act as orgone accumulators so would be a logical site for ritual and magick.
Thanks, Deanna. I, too, love Celtic folklore. My father's ancestors were Celtic and I feel a strong tie to them.

Ian, I just love the name. It has a magikal ring to it. I want to do more research on that area, for it is fascinating to me.

I will be looking forward to what the Wizard in Eire knows about Emain Macha.
© BellaOnline Forums