BellaOnline
Do you think that charisma is a trait that people are born with or a skill that can be learned? Read my article, How to be Charismatic,and tell me how you define charisma.
That was a lovely, inspiring article. I've been feeling negative all day and it was just what I needed to read. Thanks!
I just sent you love, peace, and light.
Posted By: Encore DT Re: Is Charisma nature or nurture? - 06/21/12 08:41 PM
I think it's both. There are certain charisma-related inborn characteristics that surely help, but things like maintaining eye contact, keeping the focus away from yourself and so forth, as described in the article, are all learned. most people don't get those skills without working and developing them.
Posted By: Jilly Re: Is Charisma nature or nurture? - 06/21/12 09:57 PM
I'd have to think on which i think it is. I am a charismatic introvert, so i don't know really where these traits derive from.
Hi Jilly,

You are such a warm beautiful person. I have never met you in person, but you have a very loving and gentle way of communicating with others in writing. You are the one who suggested that I switch topics.

You know how to inspire others without it coming across in a harsh manner. I think that this type of charisma is an art-- but I am not sure how I would begin to teach it.

You are awesome!
Posted By: Jilly Re: Is Charisma nature or nurture? - 06/24/12 01:37 AM
Cassandra, that is so sweet of you to write! I am really touched. Thank you for your words; you made my day. smile
Great article, Cassandra. I think charisma is both nature and nurture. We all naturally have our own version of charisma, and we can nurture it to bring it forth.
Posted By: KayMichaud Re: Is Charisma nature or nurture? - 06/26/12 12:13 PM
Great article! I love the part you touched on re:focusing on others. One thing about charismatic people I notice as well is that they're not afraid to stick out and risk being criticized. That's a huge problem for most people. I always bring up the example of Sarah Palin to illustrate this. No matter what you think of her politics, nobody can deny that this woman is not afraid to stick out and be criticized. People talk about how she says dumb things, yet whenever she speaks people are riveted, half of them in admiration and the other half in disgust. So charisma doesn't have to have anything with being loved by everyone.
Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: Is Charisma nature or nurture? - 02/28/15 02:02 PM
I think you are born with it.
Posted By: Sheryl T Re: Is Charisma nature or nurture? - 02/28/15 02:22 PM
Great article. Has me thinking. I'll have to weigh in on it a little later but I am leaning toward 'born with it'.
© BellaOnline Forums