BellaOnline
Posted By: Cassandra - Body Image Ed How to get a Flat Stomach - 04/12/11 04:50 AM
Studies show that most women want to lose weight in their stomachs. The third chakra relates to how we feel about our physical appearance which is located in the solar plexus, above the navel and below the rib cage. Read how wanting a flat stomach relates to the third chakra in this article.
How to Get a Flat Stomach
Posted By: ExerciseEditor Re: How to get a Flat Stomach - 04/12/11 11:16 PM
Interesting. Never considered this as part of the issue but I see how it can be. Many of my clients seriously struggle with third chakra issues.

I have to add that this is only one small factor that determines how much people struggle with stubborn stomach fat. Sometimes it has more to do with ignorance about the types of foods that actually make belly fat loss possible or easier.

Other times it has to do with hip flexor injuries and stomach surgeries (c-sections, hysterectomies, etc) that result in motor amnesia of the deep abdominal muscles that lead to the poochy ab look. You see this in skinny people all the time who eat right and exercise and have no weight to lose at all.

Your article makes a great point about how belly fatloss is an emotional/mental issue as well as a diet/exercise issue. My clients are a perfect example of this and it's frustrating to say the least.
Posted By: Promila Re: How to get a Flat Stomach - 05/12/11 10:36 AM
Hello, I think healthy food at proper time and a proper diet chart can help you get a flat stomach.
Posted By: Lynsaf How to get a Flat Stomach - 05/17/11 01:38 PM
There're many tea products that claim to benefit those who want flat stomach. I'm just saying this but honestly, I wouldn't try them. Side effects were never revealed.
Posted By: Linda19 Re: How to get a Flat Stomach - 05/17/11 02:40 PM
That was a really interesting article Cassandra. I have no knowledge of the chakras but what you wrote, it makes sense. I moaned to Monica ages ago that I had no self motivation and no will power, I still don't really. And its funny, just lately yellow has been my favorite colour!

And yes I have tummy issues both inside and out! So maybe I should visit my chakras and find out what they are all about.

Thanks for giving me some food for thought.
Posted By: oliviia Re: How to get a Flat Stomach - 06/19/11 11:35 AM
Interesting ! I enjoyed that
Posted By: rodav Re: How to get a Flat Stomach - 06/21/11 04:45 PM
I read somewhere that those who tend to deposit fat in their belly are more likely to have metabolic syndrome which is a precursor to diabetes. I'm inclined to believe this because diabetes runs in my family and all of us siblings have stubborn belly fat. When I gain weight, the first area the pounds go to is my stomach. A lot of reasons really why one can have stubborn belly fat.
Posted By: deepak patel Re: How to get a Flat Stomach - 06/25/11 07:57 AM
regular exercise and aerobics is must for women for nice attractive look...
Posted By: christina099 Re: How to get a Flat Stomach - 07/21/11 09:11 AM
========= [url=http://www.nonvoiceprojects.com]non voice projects[/url]
Posted By: deepak patel Re: How to get a Flat Stomach - 07/23/11 07:20 AM
I think if we take balance diet and eat, fibers, liquid diet and do physical work or exercise regularly then it is easy to maintain weight.
Posted By: musuoka Re: How to get a Flat Stomach - 08/09/11 03:20 AM
<a href=BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Posted By: Lori - Marriage Re: How to get a Flat Stomach - 08/09/11 03:54 AM
Wow, Cassandra, what a great article. I want a flat tummy to be able to fit into jeans that also fit my legs.

It wasn't until you explained about my solar plexus chakra that I understand why I'm having problems with my tummy area. I do struggle with self-esteem issues. Gosh, I've got to heal that. I'm working on it now and will let you know how it goes.

Self love is vital, isn't it? I read somewhere that if you love yourself, all will be well. It's hard though. I'm so hard on myself.
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: How to get a Flat Stomach - 08/10/11 10:46 AM
That is a great article
I don't think no matter what i do will ever flatten my stomach
And if i did where would all the loose skin go
Loosing your belly fat at a younger age may be easier
But i'm 64yrs old and about 100 lbs over weight
Even though it seems hopeless i'll give Cassandra's info a try
Wish me luck
Posted By: Lori - Marriage Re: How to get a Flat Stomach - 08/14/11 03:48 PM
Good luck, Rosie! All things are possible. You can always get the excess skin excised, which is a euphemism for chopped off. LOL.
Posted By: ExerciseEditor Re: How to get a Flat Stomach - 08/14/11 04:02 PM
Doesn't matter how old you are. I had a client who lost 80 pounds at 57 and most of it was around his midsection and he didn't have tons of skin hanging because we were strength training the entire time. It took him 8 months to lose the weight.

Real fat loss especially around the midsection takes time and a major lifestyle change that involves a clean diet, daily exercise, weight lifting, less crunches and more plank style exercises, stress management strategies, sleep (for proper hormone production), and the right mindset.

I CAN be done by anybody who has the desire to do it no matter how old you are. Age is not a barrier only an excuse. There are tons of other excuses people use:

genetics
disease
depression
no time
no knowledge
no motivation
etc. etc.

Anybody can get a flat stomach at any age. You just have to want it bad enough. The pain of having a fat stomach has to be greater than the fear of the work you'll have to do to get it.
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: How to get a Flat Stomach - 08/14/11 05:05 PM
That's Encouraging
Posted By: Red Carpet Dresses Re: How to get a Flat Stomach - 10/04/11 03:54 AM
Maybe the chakra along with a balanced diet and physical exercise is something to benefit all of us and put us in harmony, but its not as simple as just one of them
Posted By: jodiemt Re: How to get a Flat Stomach - 10/04/11 04:48 AM
Hmm..nice article. I never thought of it in that perspective. Chakras are surely interesting.
Posted By: Lori - Marriage Re: How to get a Flat Stomach - 10/04/11 02:34 PM
Well, my problem is that I must not want it bad enough to give up the immediate gratification of chips and cupcakes.

I see now that my mind craves these as a way to self-medicate or self-soothe. The pleasure factor is great. But there must be another way to address my stress level and provide pleasure to my brain that does not involve putting junk into my body.

They say it is exercise, and while that is entirely true, I haven't been able to get past the initial yucky sweating, heaving, soreness and onto the pleasurable part.
Posted By: Lori - Marriage Re: How to get a Flat Stomach - 10/06/11 02:47 PM
BTW, that doesn't mean I don't exercise! Probably just not hard or often enough. I walk for about an hour a day on most days. And when I do go to the gym, I prefer to swim so I don't get all hot.
Posted By: ExerciseEditor Re: How to get a Flat Stomach - 10/06/11 03:29 PM
I've never understood when people say pleasure factor when they refer to giving in to cravings that keep them unhealthy, overweight, and miserable. Sounds more like pain factor to me. When the pain of being overweight and out of shape gets to be too much you'll find a way to get over your issues with sweating and heaving.

To me the pain of eating cupcakes and chips is unbearable. I hate myself afterwards so I rarely indugle. Exercise is pleasure (it's actually unfreakinbelievably awesome!!) if you find a way to reframe it in your mind. And sweating is another way your body detoxes. Most people could use more sweating and more heaving too. Heaving is a great way to verbally dissipate stress which means no urges to supress it with food.
Posted By: Lori - Marriage Re: How to get a Flat Stomach - 10/17/11 04:16 PM
That is a great association to have developed, Monica! Yes, I need to reframe it in my mind.

Exercise is the panacea for many ills.

It sounds dumb to you, but my mind has associated food with pleasure and even worse...love. Nurturing. Celebration. Fun. Happy times. Even spirituality.

But with all our current knowledge about food and nutrition, I need to love my body and nourish it properly. There are fantastic healthful foods to choose instead of the processed chemical-ridden junks that are a type of poison to our bodies.

I have to associate pain with the junks. Maybe I can see it as poison to me. Good thought.

Posted By: ashusood Re: How to get a Flat Stomach - 01/10/12 12:01 PM
you need the daily exercise and walk if you wanna flat stomach
Posted By: jodiemt Re: How to get a Flat Stomach - 01/13/12 04:46 AM
Yes, exercise surely helped one of my friends to get a flat stomach.
Posted By: kooperkin21 Re: How to get a Flat Stomach - 01/14/12 08:15 AM
do regular exercise,
In addition add some fat burning foods to your diet
to help trim your waistline.
Foods that are high in protein and fiber are the best kinds of food to eat
if you want to lose weight and flatten your stomach start using exercise bike it will help to flatten your stomach..
Posted By: Jim Colyer Re: How to get a Flat Stomach - 01/29/12 01:07 AM
I gave up on trying to get a flat stomach.
Posted By: Dannica Re: How to get a Flat Stomach - 01/31/12 05:01 PM
Posted By: joyanu hai dear - 02/02/12 10:54 AM
i do not know
Posted By: Krishanta Re: How to get a Flat Stomach - 02/20/12 10:47 AM
Discipline, good diet and exercise is the best weapon to get your stomach flat.
© BellaOnline Forums