BellaOnline
Posted By: beth_m Evening primrose oil and pre-natal vitamins - 02/08/12 11:40 PM

Hello!

I have just started TTC and have some serious concerns about cervical mucus. My mucus is very scant all month long. I tried Mucinex this last month, but all it did was make the little mucus I had more watery. I read about evening primrose oil (EPO) and found out that while taking during the first half of your cycle, it can boost mucus production, as well as aid in arousal :-). However, I am currently taking One-a-Day prenatal multi-vitamins, and I don't want to stop doing that. Does anyone know if it is safe to do EPO and prenatal vitamins at the same time?
Hi Beth, I no of no reason why you can't combine these two but evening primrose oil - unlike fish oil - should be stopped as soon as you become pregnant. Cervical mucus can be helped a lot by a produce called Fertile CM which contains primarily NAC and L-Arginine. Hope this helps, Hannah

Thanks, Hannah! As it turns out, I'm not worrying about this problem anymore, because I am now 5 wks pregnant!!! In this previous month, I used Mucinex (extended release) for five days up to ovulation. My mucus was thinning but not very abundant, so I starting using Pre-Seed on the 2-3 days leading up to "o" day. I remember crying the days after I ovulated, because I didn't produce any egg-white cervical mucus, despite my intent efforts. All I could think was "what to do next month to fix this". I even went to the OBGYN the day I was expecting my period to discuss my mucus issues. I wasn't expecting to leave the office with a positive pregnancy test!

So that goes to say that you CAN GET PREGNANT without the egg-white quality mucus. It appears that using Mucinex with Pre-Seed was just the ticket to make my cervix a sperm-friendly environment!!!
Thank you for the informative posts.
© BellaOnline Forums