BellaOnline
Posted By: Tiffany-Military Families Advice for new spouses? - 07/22/09 05:54 AM
We've all been there. You're a new military spouse and you feel utterly alone. What tips do you have to help someone get through the adjustment period?
Posted By: KathiMartin Re: Advice for new spouses? - 01/28/10 07:42 PM
Make friends. Keep busy while he's gone. And don't whine when he has to leave. That only makes it harder for your spouse. Make your correspondence to your spouse upbeat. Don't tell him all the things that are going wrong at home. Learn how to use a phone book and how to fix things while he's gone...but don't become so independent that when he comes home he thinks you don't need him anymore. Find a good church.
Thanks for posting some advice for new spouses!
Posted By: Dianne W - Editor Re: Advice for new spouses? - 01/29/10 12:23 PM
Being a military wife requires patience and understanding. When my husband was in the military, it also required that I come out of my shell and get to know the other military wives. It was difficult since I was so shy back then, but I quickly found out how important in was to have a support network.
Thanks for the post Dianne. This lifestyle is definitely one that requires you to come out of your shell and heavily rely on a support network. Great skills are learned by being a military spouse!
© BellaOnline Forums