BellaOnline

Famous people...veterans??

Posted By: SarahF_Editor

Famous people...veterans?? - 12/07/07 01:03 AM

I saw a commercial for King Stahlman Bail Bonds, which might just be a West Coast thing, and it said that he is a Veteran and a Purple Heart winner. Anyone seen any celebrities/semi-famous people that are veterans lately?
Posted By: Jeff - VetEd

Re: Famous people...veterans?? - 04/23/08 01:54 AM

I just read a different thread on your site about Senator John Glenn. I had no idea that he was a Marine. I would consider him to be famous.
Posted By: SarahF_Editor

Re: Famous people...veterans?? - 07/14/08 05:38 PM

Definitely. I'm sure most of the government officials we have could count!
Posted By: Wendy Tall One

Re: Famous people...veterans?? - 08/24/08 10:14 PM

Many actors and entertainers from the WWII era are of course veterans, such as Bob Hope, Clark Gable, Gene Kelly, Charleton Heston, Bogart, etc.

Course we are also forgetting Elvis.

Many astronauts are also veterans such as John Glenn, James Lovell, Eileen Collins.
Posted By: NavyAsh33

Re: Famous people...veterans?? - 08/28/08 04:35 PM

Originally Posted By: SarahF_Editor
I saw a commercial for King Stahlman Bail Bonds, which might just be a West Coast thing, and it said that he is a Veteran and a Purple Heart winner. Anyone seen any celebrities/semi-famous people that are veterans lately?

Well, this person may not be famous, but I really admire his sacrifice for our country. Carl Brashear was the first Black deep-see diver for the Navy, and returned to full duty even after a leg amputation. I just read an article about how the Navy has named the 8th Military Sealift Command ship after him in his honor. Here are some pictures of the ship if anyone's interested:
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Posted By: Wendy Tall One

Re: Famous people...veterans?? - 08/29/08 12:42 PM

There was a movie made about him with Cuba Gooding Jr, De Niro, and Charlize Theron.

Men of Honor in 2000
Posted By: NavyAsh33

Re: Famous people...veterans?? - 08/29/08 02:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Wendy Tall One
There was a movie made about him with Cuba Gooding Jr, De Niro, and Charlize Theron.

Men of Honor in 2000

I know, I need to see that! The launch of the USNS Carl Brashear will be on Sept. 18th in San Diego...is anyone going? It would be really cool to be there.
Posted By: George Smith

Re: Famous people...veterans?? - 11/26/08 01:37 AM

Mickey Rooney
Hollywood VFW Post

Gregory Pecks son
Steven J Peck
works now for US Vets in Long Beach
© 2020 BellaOnline Forums