BellaOnline
We're looking for input from YOU. What would you like to see at [email]Spinning@BellaOnline.com?[/email]
I would love to see a "start to finish" small project -- from fiber prep, through simple drop spindle spinning, and finished article -- perhaps something knit or crocheted?

I would be a great way to encourage those new to spinning to give it a try with minimal investment and hopefully maximum reward! If one is working with only wool, the project could be extended to include a fulling process -- perhaps a mug mat or a coaster? I see so much surprize and pleasure on the faces of those that create a useable, managable project for the very first time!

Stephanie
:music: I would like to see video clips on the steps for Drop spindling and different draws for spinning on a wheel. fish
I would like to see more of how to spin novelty yarns. I think it would also be neat to feature some fiber bearing plants from seed to spindle so that those of us that can't currently own goats or sheep might have some more information about homegrown fiber options. (I know there's cat or dog hair, but my Great Dane just isn't a chiengora producer :rolleyes: )
I'd love "how-to" classes of pretty much any kind... I'd particularly love to see something on plying, as that seems to be one "class" type subject that I rarely see covered and I'd love to be able to get it right without guessing.
I'd love to see a section for favorite patterns for different types of homespun (bulky, laceweight, singles, blends, etc).
I love all these ideas and would love to see some video on the drafting techniques and how to make designer yarns.
© BellaOnline Forums