BellaOnline
Posted By: diddysg Borderline Personality Disorder - 02/03/05 06:38 AM
Hello

Do you have Borderline Personality Disorder? and may not even realize it?

Does anyone know the list of about 10 traits for BPD to look for?
Posted By: gardengal Re: Borderline Personality Disorder - 05/25/05 02:03 AM
Hi, I am new here. My husband constantly tells me he thinks that I have severe personality disorders. He jokes about it, but deep down I know he believes it to be true. He is awfully supportive and never would intentionally hurt me. But I do wonder. What are the symptoms? Is it anything like multiple personalities which I know I do not have?
Posted By: kis95 Re: Borderline Personality Disorder - 06/20/05 04:15 PM
Quote:
Hello

Do you have Borderline Personality Disorder? and may not even realize it?

Does anyone know the list of about 10 traits for BPD to look for?

Are you looking for the list, or are you just seeing if anyone else knows it as well? I'm a mental health counsellor, and I could probably give you ten traits of BPD.
I was thought to be borderline for many years until I finally let it be known that I have alters, now I'm clinically diagnosed with DID. I hid it for a long time and then I gained control over it and when I had a stroke in 2004 my alters came back stronger than ever.

Are some of the signs similar as far as Boderline and DID go...other than the alters?
Posted By: squarepegperson Re: Borderline Personality Disorder - 09/17/06 01:33 AM
Here's an absolutely phenomenal site for resources pertaining to BPD: http://www.bpdresources.com/generalresources.html

She also has a section that is unequaled for people who are families of folks with BPD diagnosis.
At the site below you will find DID and BPD compared fairly well in explanation.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query...p;dopt=Abstract
Posted By: SapphireMoon Re: Borderline Personality Disorder - 06/12/07 09:40 PM
MM,
I been told I'm BPD but I dont quite understand what that means. Could someone put it in simpler terms then the links that are posted on here.

SapphireMoon
From what I understand, Borderline Personality Disorder doesn't tend to acutally "split" into separate (full-blown) identities. DID patients tend to have fully formed identities; with names, separate personailities and habits. And often a DID person's identities don't know what each other are doing, resulting in "blank spaces".

BPD has identity disturbance, meaning (I think) that you feel "unreal" at times, kind of like watching yourself doing things, and wanting to stop, but not being able to. But there aren't actual separate identities.

I know even with [just] bi-polar, I kind of feel that sort of dissociation. Where I know I'm reacting to things in an odd way, but can't seem to control what I'm doing. Like laughing hysterically, talking 90 miles an hour, or exploding over little things. But BPD sounds like a more severe version of this.
© BellaOnline Forums