BellaOnline
grammar police
Great debate! I would have to admit that I would be on the side of pronouncing it 'two thousand ten' ... but every time I look at 2010...I pronounce it twenty-ten in my mind.

I guess I should make an effort to say it that way now if we are going to be pronouncing it that way for the next decade smile
Posted By: Vannie Re: grammar police debate how to say 2010! - 01/02/10 09:26 PM
I agree about pronouncing 2010, 'two thousand ten' after all I did say 'two thousand nine.' I have had a difficult time writing 1/2/10. I'll get used to it though, it was easier this time.
That's very interesting!

So it should have been twenty-oh-one, a space odyssey? smile

I imagine they're drumming up publicity for their upcoming book!
Using his logic, everyone says "1900" incorrectly too smile The professor is right in this article.
Posted By: Jilly Re: grammar police debate how to say 2010! - 01/03/10 02:16 AM
I've been saying twenty-ten. I think b/c i am lazy! smile
I like the sound of "twenty ten", but I think most people will naturally follow "two thousand nine" with "two thousand ten".
Posted By: Vannie Re: grammar police debate how to say 2010! - 01/08/10 04:26 PM
You know over the past week I have heard most television people say twenty ten. Still I won't change my mind. smile
Posted By: BellaDeb Re: grammar police debate how to say 2010! - 01/08/10 06:22 PM
I say twenty-ten. I think I'm with Jilly on maybe I'm lazy. It always seemed cumbersome to say two-thousand-nine, etc. So, I usually said Oh-nine.
© BellaOnline Forums