BellaOnline
For the first time ever � uncover the intimate details, never-before-seen screen tests, inside stories by cast and filmmakers, and director�s critical decisions behind the creation of Harry Potter�s world on screen!

Here's how it works:
From December 21 - 25th, there will be a description of a spell, curse or charm posted. You must be the first to post the correct name of the spell, curse or charm being described. The first person to provide the correct answer wins the question of the day.

Prize:
The person with the most correct answers after the final question on December 25th will receive the Blu-Ray Ultimate Editions of the first two Harry Potter films! This Blu-Ray prize pack is valued at $99.98, and includes year one & year two releases.

Each Ultimate Edition includes:

[*]NEW 1-hour feature from Creating the World of Harry Potter, an 8-hour documentary series revealing the filmmaking magic behind all 7 years!
[*]Theatrical and Extended Versions of the films Theatrical and Extended Versions of the films
[*]Over 2 hours of special features
[*]Magical collectibles
$49.99 retail value per release

Contest Rules:
This contest is open to anyone living in the US or UK who is aged 18 or older. Only posts that are unedited will be accepted as answers. Prize will be shipped to the winner at no cost to the winner. For contest rules, please visit http://www.bellaonline.com/misc/sweeps/rules.asp. The following additional rules apply.

12/21 - First seen in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Snape used this charm to disarm Gilderoy Lockhart in the Duelling Club.
Expelliarmus (Disarming Charm)
Correct glitterfae!
12/22 - Tom Riddle cast this spell, which leaves fiery marks from the caster's wand, in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. He used it spell 'Tom Marvolo Riddle' and switch it to 'I am Lord Voldemort'.
Flagrate
Flagrate Hermione uses it also in Order of the Phoenix book
Correct glitterfae and Rene! However, glitterfae wins the question for being the first to post correct answer. Rene, you are right about Hermione using this same spell in the Order of the Phoenix. She used it to mark the doors at the Department of Mysteries.
12/23 - Ron mentions this spell, although not by name, in the Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. It was used on Muggles who have seen dragons. This spell was first used in Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets by Lockhart who wanted to use it on Harry and Ron. To Lockhart's dismay, the spell backfired on him.
Obliviate
Obliviate (Memory Charm)
Correct Rene!
You are correct too glitterfae! However, Rene wins this question for posting the correct answer first. See you tomorrow!
12/24 Hermione used this spell in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone to prevent Neville from stopping her, Ron, and Harry from leaving the common room to hunt for the Sorcerer's Stone.
Petrificus Totalus (Body-Bind Curse)
You got it glitterfae!
Here is the last question!

12/25 Not known to be any type of spell, it was used by Lockhart in an attempt to remove Cornish pixies. Obviously since it was performed by Lockhart, it had no affect.
Peskipiksi Pesternomi
Congratulations glitterfae! You are the winner of the Harry Potter Ultimate Editions Contest! Please send me a PM with your name and address so that I can send out your prize.
awww i wish i was here to win. i was in mexico during the holidays. :(
© BellaOnline Forums