BellaOnline
Posted By: Lisa - Moms A Jew is a Jew is a Jew - 03/04/08 04:50 AM
I'm listening - and now there are so many topics to write on. I just posted a beginning article on the different denominations within Judaism.

Future articles will bring some more details on each of the different sects. The history and the psychology of the influences is very interesting!

Do any of the different divisions speak to you more clearly? There are some links on the site that offer more detailed information. Check them out!
Posted By: Lady J Re: A Jew is a Jew is a Jew - 03/04/08 05:02 PM
I consider myself a Reform Jew with Conservative tendacies LOL

good article btw
Posted By: Lady J Re: A Jew is a Jew is a Jew - 03/04/08 05:03 PM
have you considered doing any articles on the conversion process to become a jew and the hardships associated with this process and resources? just a thought since I haven't seen any articles like that yet. Or i might just be blond and and not seeing them
Posted By: Lisa - Moms Re: A Jew is a Jew is a Jew - 03/04/08 07:49 PM
I'll put your article suggestion on my list. I have several friends who converted to Judaism and I'd love to explore the path that leads to that decision.

What are your "conservative tendencies"? I'm curious how people draw the line. I'm not sure how to label myself. We go to an orthodox synagogue but don't fully observe traditional laws. Does that make me modern orthodox? conserva-dox? does it depend on the given day and what I happen to be doing or wearing? smile
© BellaOnline Forums