BellaOnline
This week's article about the web site YourMorals.Org talks about the ways in which our morals inform our politics. Is that true for you?

For example, one of the reasons I am a Democrat has to do with my personal morality. I greatly believe that a moral person does not let another person suffer, and I have found throughout my life that the Democratic Party has been more concerned with helping those who are suffering than the Republican Party has (in my opinion).

Can you give any example of how morals and politics relate for you?

Thanks!
Posted By: GrannyH Re: Are morals and politics related? - 08/11/09 07:40 PM
Sometimes I'm not sure what 'morals' means. I don't think I'm any more moral than my brother-in-law, yet...I am a Democratic because I think we are all our brother's keeper. He is a Republican because he is sure 'his is his', and he'll push me out of the way if I even want to look at what's his.

I feel very uncomfortable even thinking I have a better set of morals.
I know what you mean, and I hope I didn't imply in my original post that I think my morals are better than anyone else's. I guess you and your brother-in-law have different morals, that's all. And, as your comment exemplifies so well, each of your morals makes you different politicall

Thanks so much for commenting.
© BellaOnline Forums