BellaOnline
Posted By: Michelle - Short Stories Giving and Receiving Help - 11/17/15 09:09 AM
Whether we are teens or parents, there are times when we all need help. Although the holidays are not the only time we should give or ask for help, it’s a time when our to-do lists can be longer and stress levels can be higher. Giving and receiving help is a gratitude we can share.

Giving and Receiving Help
As creative as I can be, as much time as I spend in pretend story worlds and with illustrated characters, I simply cannot create extra time or make belief help during the holidays. No amount of wishing or drawing has afforded me pets with opposable thumbs or invisible maids. The purple wand I bought a few years ago at an art festival holds no magic to add extra hours to the clock. Sometimes, I have to ask for help, and it’s PERFECTLY okay!

Is it easy for you to ask for help?
Today, I am going to ask my husband to help me with a few things. I have discovered I just can't do it all by myself!

I have misplaced my super hero cape.
Today, it was switched and I helped Jeff with a few things in order to get ready for our Thanksgiving Dinner.

In other news, I asked for help from the cats and dogs. They all seem pretty booked between looking out the window, sniffing in the kitchen, and napping.
© BellaOnline Forums