BellaOnline
I will start:

"This writing business. Pencils and what-not. Over-rated, if you ask me. Silly stuff. Nothing in it."
Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh

I love this quote because I can imagine A. A. Milne chuckling as he wrote it.
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: What Is Your Favorite Quote? - 09/21/15 10:57 AM
Oh I LOVE that quote Chel!

And hey!! I just started a quote thread on my forum too HA HA!!! You energetically sent me an awesome inspiration wink

Here's one that I love - it's from Harry Potter:

“It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be.”
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

I love this quote because so often people believe that because they were born into a specific set of circumstances, they can never have what they truly desire, and must settle.

No one ever has to settle. The force that put the galaxies into their spin is the same force at work in each of us. We can grow to be anything we want to.
Thank you, Deanna!
I will be sure to quote on your forum as well.
smile
I sometimes write quotes. I will send you one there.
I love your above quote and your explanation. I often find incredible quotes in my young adult reading.
I like this one!

It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.
e. e. cummings
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: What Is Your Favorite Quote? - 10/01/15 09:41 AM
"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good." From Harry Potter

wink
The language of friendship is not words but meanings.
Henry David Thoreau
Here is one I need to practice.

Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.

Dalai Lama
Posted By: Dianne W - Editor Re: What Is Your Favorite Quote? - 10/15/15 11:18 PM
My favorite is You only get one chance at TODAY, make it count!
I love it, Dianne.
Life doesn't give us do-overs. It's not like a game of "Sims" at all!
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: What Is Your Favorite Quote? - 10/18/15 01:00 PM
"Somewhere, someone is going to a workshop to get over you." ~ Caroline Myss

I think this is a good one to keep in mind. We often go through our day thinking about how other people affect us. We should be thinking more about how we are affecting other people wink
Posted By: Mona - Astronomy Re: What Is Your Favorite Quote? - 10/18/15 03:47 PM
“Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.”
--Jalal ad-Din Muhammad Rumi

Rumi was a 13th century Persian poet. Shows that some things remain valid over the centuries. And probably as hard to keep to. I know that I have trouble with it.
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: What Is Your Favorite Quote? - 10/18/15 09:42 PM
Mona, I LOVE Rumi. It's always interesting that everytime I read anything by him, it was just what I needed right at that moment smile
I have never read that quote before, Mona. I really like it. In a way, it reminds me of the saying you get more with sugar than salt. I plan to look up Rumi.

I love sharing quotes!
I believe with all my heart that every individual is creative. Cooking, writing, painting, organizing, anything - we all have our ways of doing things that are original to us!

Here is a quote about writing I found.

“When we’re not writing, we’re thinking about writing.  And we’re writing a lot, in scraps of stolen time other people don’t notice they have.” -Richard Peck
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: What Is Your Favorite Quote? - 10/26/15 10:17 AM
Chel, I LOVE that quote about writing!

WOW!!!

Okay - here's one in honor of the upcoming Star Wars movie (((wild excitement)))

"Do, or do not. There is no try." ~ Yoda, Jedi Master
Posted By: Mona - Astronomy Re: What Is Your Favorite Quote? - 10/26/15 12:11 PM
Yes, Rumi is wonderful.

In the same horticultural vein . . .

"With life as short as a half-taken breath, don't plant anything but love."
OOOOHHHHH!

That's a good one, Mona.
Thank you.
smile
“Talent renders the whole idea of rehearsal meaningless; when you find something at which you are talented, you do it (whatever it is) until your fingers bleed or your eyes are ready to fall out of your head.  Even when no one is listening (or reading, or watching), every outing is a bravura performance, because you as the creator are happy.” -Stephen King

Hi Guys! I couldn't resist, it's almost Halloween!!!!!
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: What Is Your Favorite Quote? - 10/29/15 09:47 AM
Wow Chel, that's pretty powerful!! I'm seeing it as when you have a gift, you don't don't consider "rehearsing" because it's actually part of you - or, it's WHO you are.
I agree, my creativity does define who I am.
It's the way I communicate.
smile
And, I love Stephen King.
All except that Mist ending thing.
“Nobody but a reader ever became a writer.” -Richard Peck  

Therefore, this gives me an excuse to write a little, read a little, write a little more, read a lot more . . .

And, repeat.

Does anyone else take reading breaks while they are writing?
Posted By: Susan Helene Kramer Re: What Is Your Favorite Quote? - 11/12/15 11:32 AM
The Golden Rule:

Treat others as you wish to be treated.

smile
“I believe it’s what you do after a disaster that can give it meaning.” -Christopher Reeve
Posted By: Mona - Astronomy Re: What Is Your Favorite Quote? - 11/17/15 10:27 AM
"Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you." -- Maori proverb
Thank you, Mona. Alas, no sun today, but I know it will come back.
Have a great day!
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: What Is Your Favorite Quote? - 11/25/15 12:30 PM
I LOVE it!

So often people complain about what should be done, but don't actually take any further action (aside from complaining more).

If I'm not going to do something, I just try to keep my mouth shut HA HA!!!
Posted By: Mona - Astronomy Re: What Is Your Favorite Quote? - 11/25/15 03:20 PM
Deanna, for many years I lived in a village of around eight hundred people. Decided at some point that the population of adults could be divided into those who got things done and those that didn't do anything. But later realized that the latter needed to be further divided into those who just quietly didn't do anything, and those who complained and found fault with what other people did without ever contributing anything themselves.
"I think these difficult times have helped me to understand better than before how infinitely rich and beautiful life is in every way and that so many things that one goes around worrying about are of no importance whatsoever."
-Isak Dinesen

This quote helped me chase away those tiresome morning worry critters!
Chel
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: What Is Your Favorite Quote? - 12/10/15 11:44 AM
Oh it helped me too! Thanks Chel!
"Maybe Christmas, the Grinch thought, doesn't come from a store."
Dr. Seuss
Hello!

"Gothic Chel" by Michelle A. Cope
© BellaOnline Forums