BellaOnline
Posted By: Angela - Drama Movies Save Your Cinema Campaign - 12/17/20 09:10 PM
The pandemic has put movie theaters at risk of closing for good. The National Association of Theater Owners started a #SaveYourCinema campaign to lobby Congress for help. I'm sharing the link to their website. It has a form letter you can fill out and send to your representatives in Washington. Save Your Cinema Official Website
Posted By: Angie Re: Save Your Cinema Campaign - 12/17/20 11:08 PM
It's been years since I have been in a movie theatre.
Posted By: Angela - Drama Movies Re: Save Your Cinema Campaign - 12/18/20 12:26 AM
In Milwaukee, WI, we have the beautiful Oriental Theatre. Built in 1927, it was recently restored by Milwaukee Film and hosted last year's Milwaukee Film Festival. A really wonderful example of the atmospheric theater style - I would hate to see its doors closed forever.
Posted By: Monika R Canada Re: Save Your Cinema Campaign - 12/18/20 04:15 PM
Hi Angela
I bet it's very enjoyable to watch a movie in the old-style theatre. I had the good fortune to see one of my favorite guitarists, Jesse Cook, perform in such a theatre in Canada. Not only were the acoustics amazing, but it also wasn't sterile like the new theatre venues.

Hope your community can save it from closing.
Posted By: Angela - Drama Movies Re: Save Your Cinema Campaign - 12/19/20 11:08 PM
Hi Monika,

Yes, many of the historic theaters double as concert venues. It's a loss to musicians and concert goers, as well, if those theaters shut down for good.
© BellaOnline Forums